European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

+60
skylinemanning
Bad News
drr6
Dexter249
Shinra
gtracer123
Littlefysh
Sheepy
guiporsche
z1000a2
Jarodparker
Sylphide
trevelyan
pera666
courty89
Tibi
guibomba
haruo
X8X8X
ChaosZero
alexmezza
Mottois
the_racer
alphalead15
Alonsopower
PeteB
jr82
gle
Nebehr
Durge Driven
johnnyZ.
LeMansDriver22
brianspeake
Markano97
antoniog7772
shovas
Alessio_F1
pimmy
ernie2492
simspeed_racing
GTP_furinkazen
toto090369
Marco Masiero
suti
skeno
theravenousbeast
sit997
miuqana
bernie91
sopgt7
Cheeveer
repaban
new0rder
Crimson764
intelpower
angeleinma
matteo1974
Illy26
Petrus
Vanaja
64 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 Empty Re: [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  jr82 6/2/2018, 00:29

Crimson764 wrote:
jr82 wrote:
bazwaterboy wrote:Damn Im sure thats what I did. Can anybody else shed some light?

Also I am still struggling with the FWD handling in the 2.0+ version. The seems to just lose rear end grip on fast corners. :-(
I put the rear anti roll bar at zero, seems to have fixed the issue.

Good find! That’s definitely a lot better in terms of handling. The FWD’s still slide a little but not to the extent where they’d overheat the tyres. Thanks for the setup tip. thumps up
No probs, it will get us all by until the next update.
I have always had trouble on braking too, locking the fronts, so i set the Brake bias to 53-55 to the front instead of 62 (i think that is default setting) & fixed that issue as well.

jr82

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 5 Empty Re: [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  Guest 6/2/2018, 01:00

I'm having a similar issue, the cars keep trying to lose back end grip

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 6/2/2018, 01:04

Hello guys.

Yup, roll-bars identified as culprit, will be adjusted and tested with FWD cars for next update. Trying to solve the inside wheel spinning issue with the differential at the moment.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 6/2/2018, 01:53

I think the FWDs being loose in the rear is more related to the new weight distribution. The previous version had 58/42 which made the front push so it made sense to have the stiff rear ARB.
Now I can't find any data regarding the weight stuff but I think a 50/50 split wouldn't even make sense for them - some weight at the front helps FWD get their traction.
Some stuff I've noticed this weekend:

Some FWDs have different rear camber settings.
Starion has different brake torque on one wheel, maybe other cars based on that.
Tyre temps at times get out of whack massively.
Cars need adjustable brake ducts, Donington for example kills the front brakes. Also might need to make rear brakes keep up their temps because they barely get to their optimum.
1993 BMW has its invisible wing visible in the shadow it casts.
Silverstone GP has no visible racing line, the old AIW file fixes that but that was replaced because the AI went a bit insane through Maggots and Becketts. Also AI might be a bit fast there although that might be because I run it at 110% and all the multipliers go mad and make the AI have F1 grip. What a Face

I've also been experimenting manually setting the track on the 320i, didn't seem to change the handling much but it did make it look mean like the real car.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 6/2/2018, 02:03

theravenousbeast wrote:I think the FWDs being loose in the rear is more related to the new weight distribution. The previous version had 58/42 which made the front push so it made sense to have the stiff rear ARB.
Now I can't find any data regarding the weight stuff but I think a 50/50 split wouldn't even make sense for them - some weight at the front helps FWD get their traction.

Starion has different brake torque on one wheel, maybe other cars based on that.
Cars need adjustable brake ducts, Donington for example kills the front brakes. Also might need to make rear brakes keep up their temps because they barely get to their optimum.
Silverstone GP has no visible racing line, the old AIW file fixes that but that was replaced because the AI went a bit insane through Maggots and Becketts. Also AI might be a bit fast there although that might be because I run it at 110% and all the multipliers go mad and make the AI have F1 grip.  What a Face

I've also been experimenting manually setting the track on the 320i, didn't seem to change the handling much but it did make it look mean like the real car.

1) Volvo 850 used Weight distribution of 50/50, and I have read of similar, seems nuts but thats the level of engineering that went into to the cars.
2) FWD Camber is deliberate.
3) Was thinking about ducts.
4) WIll check this out thanks (BMW wing)
5) Silverstone I have not edited yet, remember new trackpack version isn't out yet.
6) What did you change wit the BMW?

Oh and can confirm with some testing to be done, I have *I think* fixed the physics, will be sending them for further testing.

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 6/2/2018, 02:29

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
theravenousbeast wrote:I think the FWDs being loose in the rear is more related to the new weight distribution. The previous version had 58/42 which made the front push so it made sense to have the stiff rear ARB.

Silverstone GP has no visible racing line, the old AIW file fixes that but that was replaced because the AI went a bit insane through Maggots and Becketts. Also AI might be a bit fast there although that might be because I run it at 110% and all the multipliers go mad and make the AI have F1 grip.  What a Face

1) Volvo 850 used Weight distribution of 50/50, and I have read of similar, seems nuts but thats the level of engineering that went into to the cars.
5) Silverstone I have not edited yet, remember new trackpack version isn't out yet.

Oh and can confirm with some testing to be done, I have *I think* fixed the physics, will be sending them for further testing.

2) I meant different camber left to right rear wheel.

5) The 90s version up on nogrip, forgot that wasn't part.
6) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - you can set specific values in the HDC files.

Nenad Kasapov

My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 6/2/2018, 02:42

theravenousbeast wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:

2) I meant different camber left to right rear wheel.

5) The 90s version up on nogrip, forgot that wasn't part.
6) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - you can set specific values in the HDC files.

I shall check these out. Next update will hopefully be last major physics update, with only minor alterations required from here on and 100% focus on new content possible.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 6/2/2018, 11:33

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Hello guys.

Yup, roll-bars identified as culprit, will be adjusted and tested with FWD cars for next update. Trying to solve the inside wheel spinning issue with the differential at the moment.
I having that issue too, i thought it was just my lead foot Wink
P.S will the new update have the setup changes as fixes or will physics be different?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 6/2/2018, 11:37

This might be to do with the fact the brake bias is set at around 63% towards the front, i get massive lockup issues so i set it to around 53-55% to the front & it fixes the issue.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 6/2/2018, 13:17

On some cars it’s actually set to a 72.5% bias at the front, by default. Which would destroy your front brakes and make braking for corners hard as the front brakes would lock first making you understeer off.

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 6/2/2018, 13:57

Crimson764 wrote:On some cars it’s actually set to a 72.5% bias at the front, by default. Which would destroy your front brakes and make braking for corners hard as the front brakes would lock first making you understeer off.
come to think of it this is the setting not 63, no wonder i kept flying off the road.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 6/2/2018, 15:19

Come on fellas I'm not new to simracing. I know that I can adjust the brake bias rearward - front on the BMW still go up to 600 if I'm braking properly. Plus all the RWDs are pretty much undriveable with less than 57-58 at the front, rear starts to skid very quickly. With the FWDs you can get away with 53-4 but again on tracks like Donington the fronts will heat up.

I know for a fact that WTCC regs did not allow adjustable brake ducts. Don't know about Supertouring. I do know that those wheel covers on the later cars served the purpose I already mentioned before - keep the heat in the rear brakes, which is an issue right now.

Nenad Kasapov

My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 7/2/2018, 07:31

theravenousbeast wrote:Come on fellas I'm not new to simracing. I know that I can adjust the brake bias rearward - front on the BMW still go up to 600 if I'm braking properly. Plus all the RWDs are pretty much undriveable with less than 57-58 at the front, rear starts to skid very quickly. With the FWDs you can get away with 53-4 but again on tracks like Donington the fronts will heat up.

I know for a fact that WTCC regs did not allow adjustable brake ducts. Don't know about Supertouring. I do know that those wheel covers on the later cars served the purpose I already mentioned before - keep the heat in the rear brakes, which is an issue right now.
all good, the physics should be fixed in the next update it seems, this will get us by for the now.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 8/2/2018, 20:58

Awesome works !!!
Thanks so much bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 9/2/2018, 00:44

jr82 wrote:
theravenousbeast wrote:Come on fellas I'm not new to simracing. I know that I can adjust the brake bias rearward - front on the BMW still go up to 600 if I'm braking properly. Plus all the RWDs are pretty much undriveable with less than 57-58 at the front, rear starts to skid very quickly. With the FWDs you can get away with 53-4 but again on tracks like Donington the fronts will heat up.

all good, the physics should be fixed in the next update it seems, this will get us by for the now.
Can confirm this.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/2/2018, 08:16

Hello guys , i get this problem on every cars from that mod, someone can help to fix it ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/2/2018, 08:26

amazing!! great thanks a lot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/2/2018, 08:52

FrancoisB wrote:Hello guys , i get this problem on every cars from that mod, someone can help to fix it ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok i found i had to uncheck the visible windsceen in advance option bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 9/2/2018, 10:02

You should be able to run with the windscreen on, check for loose DDS files within the Gamedata folder called screendirt. (00-06)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 9/2/2018, 10:56

simspeed_racing wrote:You should be able to run with the windscreen on, check for loose DDS files within the Gamedata folder called screendirt.  (00-06)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Can confirm this is more likely to be the culprit. It's obvious these conflict with something in the mod, so you just need to move them out of your GameData folder, somewhere where GTR2 can't see those files.

Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 10/2/2018, 01:35

simspeed_racing wrote:You should be able to run with the windscreen on, check for loose DDS files within the Gamedata folder called screendirt.  (00-06)

i have SCREEN_DIRT00 to SCREEN_DIRT05 and SCREEN_DIRT06 is missing, Idea

Back to top Go down

Post  shovas 10/2/2018, 03:13

Didn't notice this was a brand new release. Will try soon!

Matthew from Canada | John 3:16 | SinnerSaved.ca | Simwiki.net
shovas
shovas

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 10/2/2018, 13:31

FrancoisB wrote:

i have SCREEN_DIRT00 to SCREEN_DIRT05 and SCREEN_DIRT06 is missing, Idea

No that’s right. I think simspeed_racing miscounted, it should only be from 00 to 05. Just move those files out of the GTR2/GameData folder, and place them somewhere else on your computer that isn’t readable by GTR2. Then re-enable the windscreen that you disabled previously, and the cockpits should look normal again.

Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 10/2/2018, 21:02

Working on a release of update within next two weeks, anyone also ready for some new content?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 10/2/2018, 21:13

3     STCC skins are missing or have not been done yet ?

the 97 Jens Edman Volvo  850 , which is just an edit of the 96 Nilsson skin
same year a pirvate  near plain white E36 with a 94 spec big  rear wing

the black Volvo 850 in 98 season    again just a slight edit of the 97 skin

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next