European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

» Greeting from Tashkent
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16/3/2024, 15:53 by why_not_simracer

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

+60
skylinemanning
Bad News
drr6
Dexter249
Shinra
gtracer123
Littlefysh
Sheepy
guiporsche
z1000a2
Jarodparker
Sylphide
trevelyan
pera666
courty89
Tibi
guibomba
haruo
X8X8X
ChaosZero
alexmezza
Mottois
the_racer
alphalead15
Alonsopower
PeteB
jr82
gle
Nebehr
Durge Driven
johnnyZ.
LeMansDriver22
brianspeake
Markano97
antoniog7772
shovas
Alessio_F1
pimmy
ernie2492
simspeed_racing
GTP_furinkazen
toto090369
Marco Masiero
suti
skeno
theravenousbeast
sit997
miuqana
bernie91
sopgt7
Cheeveer
repaban
new0rder
Crimson764
intelpower
angeleinma
matteo1974
Illy26
Petrus
Vanaja
64 posters

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 Empty Re: [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  jr82 31/1/2018, 07:43

GTP_furinkazen wrote:UI sounds - a packing error on my part.

Oversteer - tire pressures being affected by the spring rates, affecting the road holding ability of the car and thus the contact with the track (fixed now)

GDB drafting - much more aggressive values with the BTCC one. Quite interested to see what people think as I will roll these values out across to other series if they are well-received.

The 2000 BTCC carset is prob best for testing this as the ST cars catch the Class B cars, they still sit behind the class b cars out of corners & down next str8 otherwise they pass ok, got no idea how to fix this (it's obv a GTR2 issue not a mod issue).

jr82

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 3 Empty Re: [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  jr82 31/1/2018, 07:52

GTP_furinkazen wrote:UI sounds - a packing error on my part.

Oversteer - tire pressures being affected by the spring rates, affecting the road holding ability of the car and thus the contact with the track (fixed now)

GDB drafting - much more aggressive values with the BTCC one. Quite interested to see what people think as I will roll these values out across to other series if they are well-received.

It's hard to know what the settings should be when i not entirely sure what the 3 lines mean exactly -

BaseDropoff=0.15
LeadingExponent=5.0
FollowingExponent=5.0
I know the top line is how strong the Draft effect is but unsure on exactly what the other 2 mean

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 31/1/2018, 08:58

I haven't tried the update yet but some of what is being said and from what I saw in the test stream it looks as if the RWDs are suffering from an issue I never was able to get on top of with the rear being prone to overheating and completely losing grip in turns and especially over curbs.
The reason for the RWD physics I went with in 1.6, with all their flaws such as tendency to roll, was being unable to solve this. The cars were manageable when springs were at their softest but any significant tweaks and this would occur. I don't know if it was due to the tyres being designed for S2000 cars and not being able to cope with the extra power or something more.
The only way I ever solved it was when I tried GTR2 GT tyres but their problem was they had too much grip and the RWDs would then be too fast for the rest of the cars. Not stupidly faster but enough so they would most likely qualify and race faster than FWDs.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 31/1/2018, 09:56

Using Rouse '94 car
So i had a play around at thruxton & set the Rear anti-roll bar to 0 (default is 80) & the oversteer was gone.
the tyres still heat up a bit weird, left rear was 96/105/126. i tried putting pressure up but it didn't seem to do much.
fair to say going through Church with full opposite lock on & the turn before it isn't as fun as it may sound.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 31/1/2018, 10:11

simspeed_racing wrote:
The only way I ever solved it was when I tried GTR2 GT tyres but their problem was they had too much grip and the RWDs would then be too fast for the rest of the cars.  Not stupidly faster but enough so they would most likely qualify and race faster than FWDs.

wouldn't work to simply put those GT tyres on the FWD / AWD cars too ?

in the tires files  every compound has a FRONT and REAR section    I imagine it may have worked to switch those section around     for the FWD cars,  in essence the FWD cars would have run rear tyres of GTR2 GT rear and vice versa

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 31/1/2018, 11:05

jr82 wrote:Using Rouse '94 car
So i had a play around at thruxton & set the Rear anti-roll bar to 0 (default is 80) & the oversteer was gone.
the tyres still heat up a bit weird, left rear was 96/105/126. i tried putting pressure up but it didn't seem to do much.
fair to say going through Church with full opposite lock on & the turn before it isn't as fun as it may sound.
To add to this -
Another issue i have been having is as soon as i hit the brakes the front locks up & i go off the road so i looked at the brake bias & it's set to 73% to the front, set it back to 53.7 to the front & problem solved.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 31/1/2018, 11:26

intelpower wrote:
simspeed_racing wrote:
The only way I ever solved it was when I tried GTR2 GT tyres but their problem was they had too much grip and the RWDs would then be too fast for the rest of the cars.  Not stupidly faster but enough so they would most likely qualify and race faster than FWDs.

wouldn't work to simply put those GT tyres on the FWD / AWD cars too ?

in the tires files  every compound has a FRONT and REAR section    I imagine it may have worked to switch those section around     for the FWD cars,  in essence the FWD cars would have run rear tyres of GTR2 GT rear and vice versa

No the FWDs had heating and handling problems when I tried this.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 31/1/2018, 12:25

What about the tyre files from the Simbin released Volvo S40? Or maybe the ones from the old F1C mod (I think those were tweaked files from the old ETCC 2003 mod, so still S2000 cars).

Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 31/1/2018, 13:09

With regards to FWD's I also found something very interesting. BTCC runs pretty much all clockwise tracks, hence RL tyre getting most load. Some set-ups from the era were asymmetrical with different set-ups especially on the left side of the car. However doing this would mean that the cars would have wrong set up for running at other tracks where the load would be primarily RR tyre.

Still working on physics, still testing, and some small revisions will come with next update as well as new content.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco Masiero 31/1/2018, 13:13

hi i have gtr2 1.1 to run the mod i have to install other patches on the game?
Marco Masiero
Marco Masiero

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 31/1/2018, 13:44

theravenousbeast wrote:What about the tyre files from the Simbin released Volvo S40? Or maybe the ones from the old F1C mod (I think those were tweaked files from the old ETCC 2003 mod, so still S2000 cars).
Tried these in the past and they have the same problem as the tyres released.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 31/1/2018, 14:00

All problem of tyres in the past was fixed by my V2 tyres. No heating problem, never cold, never burn and possibility to drift with RWD. IDK what this tyres is doing on the mod 2.0 but I think it's interesting to test !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 31/1/2018, 14:15

Jarodparker wrote:All problem of tyres in the past was fixed by my V2 tyres. No heating problem, never cold, never burn and possibility to drift with RWD. IDK what this tyres is doing on the mod 2.0 but I think it's interesting to test !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

On old physics, this tyre model was poor. Might give it a test though with this.

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 31/1/2018, 14:33

regarding heating didn't most teams use tyre heaters anyway ?

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 31/1/2018, 14:36

Poor ? I don't understand the sense of sentence

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 31/1/2018, 14:57

Jarodparker wrote:Poor ? I don't understand the sense of sentence

Tyres still overheat, and this tyre model just does't work for me.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 31/1/2018, 15:28

? You have saying me GTporsche find V2 tyres better than original tyres ! scratch

I have find a problem on BMW E36 from BTCC 1996, the car not goes in straight line, she goes very little on the right.

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 31/1/2018, 17:12

320 goes perfectly straight for me mate, maybe see if you have the asymmetrical setups on by mistake. The new UI can be confusing for us GTR2 veterans.

In my opinion, as long as the tyres don't do weird stuff like wear out after 2 laps or overheat incredibly quickly, it's fine. In general I think the physics are fine, although some of the default setups are odd (gearing, rollbars). Camber and roll bars are more than enough to change the behavior of the cars. Are they accurate? Well the laptimes seem to be fine and the cars feel somewhat more on edge.  

I tried the V2 tyres with the 2.0 mod now and the cars lacked overall grip but it might be worth looking into for future updates.

EDIT: Lastly, has anyone tried Andreas's 1.95 version for RACE 07? I haven't tried it in a while but apparently he did some updates to the physics "Tweaked physics for all cars, including new suspension geometry. The suspensions are now more like the real ST cars, and also prevent the strange turning slightly to the left when accelerating problem. Also updated simplified ai dampers and increased ai calculation so the ai cars don't flip over that easily.* Some balance of performance for the cars has been made, but can still be improved"

Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  toto090369 31/1/2018, 17:30

Thank you for this greatest work
toto090369
toto090369

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 31/1/2018, 17:44

With joypad and KB the bmw not goes in straight line with original setup. It's not big but need 2-3 correction in straight line of spa.

I have find another bug to need to be fixed. On Laguna 98 BTCC, the rear camber right is at 6 and the left at 3.8.

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 31/1/2018, 20:50

Is it just me or does damage mod look different then on earlier versions. Like only parts come off but before the car would actually get bent.

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 31/1/2018, 23:31

Jarodparker wrote:
I have find another bug to need to be fixed. On Laguna 98 BTCC, the rear camber right is at 6 and the left at 3.8.

Will check out thanks!

Getrag wrote:Is it just me or does damage mod look different then on earlier versions. Like only parts come off but before the car would actually get bent.

Car does get bent but it's not as extreme and cars are tougher. If aero damage is too much, the GTR2 aero bug comes into play and slows down cars.

Update 1.03 will fall start of next week with some new content. Thanks for your feedback on handling model and bug reporting, this will help make the mod even better than ever.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy 31/1/2018, 23:49

pimmy wrote:I can't select STCC 2002, either. It won't let me scroll down.
This appears to be a problem with the UI. Whenever there are enough classes to need to scroll down, the bottom one is always missing.

Jarodparker wrote:I think the fuel issue is when AI goes in pit before the race is ended. That come from of "fuel estimate" in .eng
Yes. Changing the value to 1.1 seems to have done the trick so far. But I haven't tested every car yet.

Chris Pimm

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 31/1/2018, 23:51

pimmy wrote:
pimmy wrote:I can't select STCC 2002, either. It won't let me scroll down.
This appears to be a problem with the UI. Whenever there are enough classes to need to scroll down, the bottom one is always missing.

Jarodparker wrote:I think the fuel issue is when AI goes in pit before the race is ended. That come from of "fuel estimate" in .eng
Yes. Changing the value to 1.1 seems to have done the trick so far. But I haven't tested every car yet.

Not got this UI issue, what GDB's is it with?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy 1/2/2018, 00:37

It's any GDB with more than 8 Special Classes. So that's: ASTC, BTCC, CIVT, STCC, STW, Single Events & Single Makes. Even the default GT Single Makes & Specials are affected.

Chris Pimm

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next