European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

+60
skylinemanning
Bad News
drr6
Dexter249
Shinra
gtracer123
Littlefysh
Sheepy
guiporsche
z1000a2
Jarodparker
Sylphide
trevelyan
pera666
courty89
Tibi
guibomba
haruo
X8X8X
ChaosZero
alexmezza
Mottois
the_racer
alphalead15
Alonsopower
PeteB
jr82
gle
Nebehr
Durge Driven
johnnyZ.
LeMansDriver22
brianspeake
Markano97
antoniog7772
shovas
Alessio_F1
pimmy
ernie2492
simspeed_racing
GTP_furinkazen
toto090369
Marco Masiero
suti
skeno
theravenousbeast
sit997
miuqana
bernie91
sopgt7
Cheeveer
repaban
new0rder
Crimson764
intelpower
angeleinma
matteo1974
Illy26
Petrus
Vanaja
64 posters

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 Empty [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 14:37

FRM (FURI RACE MODS) PRESENT SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.2 FOR GTR2.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

README:

SUPER TOURING WORLD V2.2 by FRM (Furi Race Mods)

NOTES / INSTALLATION:
>A FRESH installation of GTR2 is recommended. FRM will take no responsibility for damage to your computer or GTR2 install caused by installation of the mod. Mod was tested on two clean GTR2 installs prior to release.

>If you have SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.0 or 2.01 already installed, delete the following folders and download the “GTR2 Super Touring V2.2 (Patch Version)” file:

"Gamedata\Teams\Supertouring”
“Gamedata\Teams\Production Class”

>If you have any other versions of SUPER TOURING CARS or SUPER TOURING WORLD, or have not downloaded any previous version of the mod, delete the following folders and download “GTR2 Super Touring V2.2 (Full Version)”:

“Gamedata\Talent”
"Gamedata\Teams\Supertouring”
“Gamedata\Teams\Production Class”

>After this, install to root GTR2 folder, and click yes to any files to be overwritten.

>File is large as it includes all files required such as shared files for future tracks and content – rather than having duplicates of the same file in each subsequent download.

WHAT'S NEW / CHANGES (2.2)
>Added 1993 NISSAN 500 SERIES, by Markano97

>Updated HQ skins for JTCC 1994-1998 by Markano97

>Physics fixed. Bugged physics from earlier on removed. Still may be the occasional glitch, but should be much better now. No crazy oversteer, better balance under braking, and more drive out of corners with less wheelspin from inside front wheel. Tyres still heat up rapidly but it doesn’t result in spinning out uncontrollably.

>Fixed UI bug with the included UI by Ducfreak where it wasn’t possible to scroll down or select series on a GDB.

>Fixed typo with SATCAR description.

>Fixed type with BTCC description.

>Added new filters for BTCC 1990.

>Added new HUD to the mod designed by zkarz

>Updated Production Car physics (still may need some adjustments)

WHAT'S NEW / CHANGES (2.01)
>Removal of S2000 cars (inserted by mistake).

>Removal of Bathurst GDB (inserted by mistake).

>New physics for Production cars implemented, Thanks to PugSport Racing for information.

>Removal of old GTR2 menu soundtrack.

>Original audio from “ToCA2 Touring Cars” for UI, pit crew radio and effects – no more clashes with old “vanilla” GTR2 sounds.

>Fix glitch with clashing BMW sound file resulting in clunking sounds under braking, cars now have fully working backfire.

>Spring Rate adjustment on the rear of FWD & 4WD cars, fixes instability issue from V2.0.

>Fixed mistake with Sierra RS HDC’s – 3D model to be updated later.

>Deleted duplicate entry of Opel Astra, CRTCC 1996.

>Fixed clashing file directory of production-class Toyota Carina, BTCC 2000.

>Deleted Nissan Primera P11 from BTCC 2000 (paint needs rework).

WHAT'S NEW / CHANGES (2.0)
>Removal of CHAMPIONSHIP GDB’s. Old ones may not work correctly with the mod – these are being released with WIP trackpacks.

>”HSCC_Donington” added – tweaked version of “Donington 2011” by motorfx

>Original audio from “ToCA2 Touring Cars” for pit crew radio and effects.

>Some car sounds improved with tweaks to sample bass and pitch levels.

>New talent files for every driver for the mod – 860 of them! “Seasons” were abandoned as firstly physics changes meant car performances over seasons were sufficiently different (you won’t find David Leslie fighting for wins in a Mazda but he will be in a Nissan Primera), and also in single race mode GTR2 only detects the first alphabetical (by folder) talent file – for instance Rickard Rydell was in BTCC 1994 and BTCC 1998 folders – however as “BTCC 1994” directory comes first alphabetically GTR2 would only detect that and use that file for Single Race. If any talent files are missing, please let us know to add them in future updates!

>New .GDB files with updated filters, pictures etc – the following series are included.

SOUTH EAST ASIA TOURING CAR ZONE CHALLENGE 1996-1999
ASIA-PACIFIC SERIES 1994
NISSAN 500 SERIES 1994
AUSTRALIAN SUPER TOURING CHAMPIONSHIP 1994-2001
BRITISH TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 1991-2000
CROATIAN CIRCUIT RACING CHAMPIONSHIP 1997-1998
CAMPEONATO DE ESPANA DE TURISMOS 1994-1997
CENTRAL EUROPEAN ZONE SUPERTOURING CHAMPIONSHIP 1996-1998
CAMPIONATO ITALIANO VELOCITA SUPERTURISMO 1993-1999
CAMPEONATO NACIONAL DE VELOCIDADE 1993-1994
CZECH REPUBLIC TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 1995-1996
EUROPEAN SUPER TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 2000-2001
CHAMPIONNAT DE FRANCE DE SUPERTOURISME 1993-2000
ALL JAPAN TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 1994-1998
MACAU GUIA RACES 1994-1999
MOSCOW OPEN SERIES 1997-1998
NORTH AMERICAN TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 1996-1997
BELGIAN PROCAR 1993-1997
SOUTH AMERICAN TOURING CARS 1994-1996
SCHWEIZER TOURENWAGEN MEISTERSCHAFT 1994-1998
SWEDISH TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP 1996-2002
ADAC SUPERTOURENWAGEN MEISTERSCHAFT 1994-1999
COPA DE LAS NACIONES SUPER TURISMO 1997-2001
RAC TOURIST TROPY 1996-1997
DTM 2000 CUP 1993
FIA WORLD CUP 1993-1995
GRAN PREMIO DE PUNTA DEL ESTE 1999
KYALAMI INTERNATIONAL 1994-1995
NURBURGRING 24 HOURS 1998
RAINBOW CUP 1996
ToCA SHOOTOUT 1992-1994

>All in all, approximately 2000 different entries with some bonus skins and alternates coming soon.

>Addition of “HQ DRIVER SUITS” by GTR233

>Tweaks to showroom to show a “manufacturer” board and showroom pictures. Not all of these are complete and will continue to be added and updated in future updates.

>Tweaked tyre texture making them seem less “shiny” on certain cars such as the Renault Laguna.

>Completely overhauled physics and HDC files on every single car, to go with new talent files. Data sourced from across the internet. Some cars are intentionally heavier than others to reflect “Independent” entries or to slow them up, this is due to limitations of the GTR2 physics engine. This includes engine power, specific RPM, re-done gearing, aero, spring rates, dampers, anti-roll, roe, camber, weight distribution, brake power, brake bias, weight, fuel consumption, tank capacity, tyre grip, aerodynamic spoiler effects.

>Physics designs are designed to be a cross. With driving aids on they’re more arcade-like, with driving aids off much tougher. The new handling model is aimed at giving a much more realistic FWD experience, with lift off oversteer on FWD’s and the need to warm tyres much more important, whilst also being able to drive smoothly and push the car at times without it suddenly snapping or crashing on a wheel or a controller. From a personal level, I feel these physics are much more accurate to the feeling of driving a <1000kg race car with weight transfer and behaviour.

>Partially Overhauled Production Class Physics – not 100% finished yet.
>Overhauled physical damage system aimed at making cars sensitive to accidents whilst still being able to beat and bang and show damage, whilst not suffering from the dreaded “GTR2 slowdown” aero damage bug.

>May 3D models overhauled to include new and overhauled visual damage such as calipers visible when a wheel is sheared off, front bumpers disintegrate partially, with splitters loose instead of entire front sections. On some cars bumpers split into two at the rear. Originally was planned for a more detailed system including specific damage to front bumper parts, three part rear bumpers etc. However  GTR2 limitations and having to theoretically do a new Damage file for every single car put pay to this idea. Regardless – if you make contact with a Audi A4 it will show damage differently to a Honda Accord or a Renault Laguna.

>Many car have in-car bonnets visible from cockpit view. Some cars missing this still, will be added in future updates.

>Fix of a bug where cars with the “Audi_97” CAS file would CTD on low detail settings.

>Numerous new wheel rims and aero rims adjustable in genstring.

>Addition of the Mitsubishi Starion, Volkswagen Golf Mk3.

>New HD UI interface and menu SFX.

CREDITS:
>Simspeed and AndreasFSC for the original mod, none of which would be possible without you guys.
>For skinning help – Simspeed, AndreasFSC, Markano97, MushyGaming, DBStreet, Baika, Alexander Hederby, quinelo, Renxo, Fatland Pony, Remus Racing, Pat O'Reilly, Speeddemon79, Stiggy, RACECAR, GTPorsche, IntelPower.

>Peter Still, Nigel Clark and all members of the SUPERTOURING WORLD & SUPERTOURING CAR RACING 1990-2002 group for their invaluable patience putting up with my constant questions, and as well as supplying very helpful pictures and resources. Also of course the bible of Super Touring – the SUPER TOURING REGISTER – without which 95% of this mod’s content would never ever exist.

>GTR233 for giving permissions to use his HQ DRIVER SUITS.

>BenMk1 and the PM3DM ASSETTO CORSA MODDING GROUP for providing period set up sheets and information.

>audi80st facebook page for interesting and valuable technical information and photos.

>GTPorsche for helping physics testing and development.

>Ducfreak for permission to use and edit his HQ UI Interface for GTR2

>Happy Snapper for giving permission for audio from his trackside recordings from Oulton Park to be used as menu soundtrack.

>Codemasters for original ToCA2 game material and inspiring a generation.
KNOWN BUGS / ISSUES (please contact if you can help fix)
>Chrysler Stratus driver arms visible in mirrors

>Some cars such as the Primera Camino with misaligned cockpit arms.

>Skyline R33 with incorrect cockpit driver position from exterior view.

DISCLAIMER:
>This mod is free. Any method of financially gaining profit by “selling” the mod is prohibited by FRM.

>Mod is only to be distributed by myself “Furinkazen” on selected sites. Distribution on other sites without permission is forbidden.

FUTURE UPDATES:
>Mod will be updated on a hopefully monthly basis. This includes updated showroom boards, skins, as well as addition of future packs. The following packs were cut from release as they were not 100% complete (but are being worked on)

SPA 24H
HSTCC & HISTORICS
NORWEGIAN TOURING CARS
BATHURST 1000

>A Website is in process of being set up for the mod.

>Also in production is a PDF history and mod handbook including technical information on all cars featured in the mod.

>Track packs are coming! Majority are downloaded and will be included so not to clash with each other and other tracks you may have installed! These will include full championship GDBs.

REPORTING BUGS:
Please report any bugs / issues / questions / comments to myself at FRM FURI RACE MODS Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FRMFuriRaceMods/)

>And last of all… ENJOY!

MOD DOWNLOAD: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by GTP_furinkazen on 19/4/2018, 20:26; edited 7 times in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 Empty Re: [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  Vanaja 29/1/2018, 15:17

Thank you very much bounce clap drive

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Seppo Lehtonen
Vanaja
Vanaja

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 29/1/2018, 15:21

Downloading now and stopped work on my Toca Shootout skinpack lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 15:27

Currently live streaming with MushyGaming HD who is playtesting.

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Petrus 29/1/2018, 15:56

Thank to you guys, this is tremendous work!
Now I know what I will do on holidays! Very Happy

Kondrat Michael
Petrus
Petrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Illy26 29/1/2018, 16:01

Thank you very much for this mod, but I have a problem.
The windscreen is black. I can see through the side windows and the mirror.
What I must do to fix this

Illy26

Back to top Go down

Post  matteo1974 29/1/2018, 16:05

Thank you!

Matteo Antonacci
matteo1974
matteo1974

Back to top Go down

Post  angeleinma 29/1/2018, 16:05

Impressive work again. Thank you, Alex

Angel Cañas      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
angeleinma
angeleinma

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 16:15

Illy26 wrote:Thank you very much for this mod, but I have a problem.
The windscreen is black. I can see through the side windows and the mirror.
What I must do to fix this

You got the HQ windscreen update? Doesn't work with this mod.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 29/1/2018, 16:26

Wow many thanks to people who took part of making this, this is exactly the only thing I need. I cant wait to race online with you guys!

Back to top Go down

Post  Illy26 29/1/2018, 16:34

Thank you GTP_furinkazen for a quick answer and again thank for your great work.

Illy26

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 16:44

Initial feedback is that FWD physics are a little too floaty.

Also anyone got missing pictures on their main menus for series selection?

More feedback is essential, physics etc can be and will be changed in course. Now it's released it will be much easier to get opinion as you're all able to contribute feedback.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 29/1/2018, 16:48

to be honest I think a bit more grippy physics would be needed

bare in mind in real life you do have G-forces  which makes  your body feel if a car starts to get lose or not    but this is just a game and you don't have such senses and frankly a bit more playability is more fun (I am not advocating full arcade by any means Razz )

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 16:59

intelpower wrote:to be honest I think a bit more grippy physics would be needed

bare in mind in real life you do have G-forces  which makes  your body feel if a car starts to get lose or not    but this is just a game and you don't have such senses and frankly a bit more playability is more fun (I am not advocating full arcade by any means   Razz  )

I'm looking at this myself. Better to have more feedback and I am somewhat agreeing with this. Just slightly too much oversteer.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 29/1/2018, 17:32

There are S2000 cars in the mod v2.0, I don't think these were needed yet. Especially the Astra and Toledo. Smile

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 17:42

Crimson764 wrote:There are S2000 cars in the mod v2.0, I don't think these were needed yet. Especially the Astra and Toledo. Smile

The Astra is part of HSTCC Wink

Some files are "shared". When we announce the next project officially may also be of some use Razz

EDIT: Do see what you mean though Exclamation

V2.01 hotfix being sorted right now.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 29/1/2018, 18:20

Just had a quick run in Plato’s ‘97 Laguna around Donington GP. Like people have mentioned car is globally lacking grip in the corners, and has a very “floaty” feel. In real life, the car is capable of times in the 1:37’s. In it’s current state I’m about 5 seconds slower. I think that’s due to the mid-corner grip just not feeling quite right. Also the HUD, looks quite nice but is missing the rev lines on the Full and Simple (only Gear + Revs shown) versions. This makes it hard to shift gears, as you don’t know when to shift up without the visual cues, sure there are sounds but it’s still easy to mis-shift on just sound alone. And TOCA 2 sfx was mentioned to be in the mod. However, I can’t hear anything in the sounds resembling TOCA 2.

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 18:39

Crimson764 wrote:Just had a quick run in Plato’s ‘97 Laguna around Donington GP. Like people have mentioned car is globally lacking grip in the corners, and has a very “floaty” feel. In real life, the car is capable of times in the 1:37’s. In it’s current state I’m about 5 seconds slower. I think that’s due to the mid-corner grip just not feeling quite right. Also the HUD, looks quite nice but is missing the rev lines on the Full and Simple (only Gear + Revs shown) versions. This makes it hard to shift gears, as you don’t know when to shift up without the visual cues, sure there are sounds but it’s still easy to mis-shift on just sound alone. And TOCA 2 sfx was mentioned to be in the mod. However, I can’t hear anything in the sounds resembling TOCA 2.

Got the grip issue sorted, just changing the physics files now.

Apparently on a GTR2 install, some default files were over-riding ToCA2 ones.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 Empty UPDATE V2.01

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 19:29

~delete~

Last edited by GTP_furinkazen on 30/1/2018, 09:34; edited 2 times in total

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 21:00

Anyone still having handling issues with FWD?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy 29/1/2018, 21:07

I've got a sound issue. There are no tyre sounds in onboard views and no collision sounds at all. Good work otherwise.

Chris Pimm

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 21:10

pimmy wrote:I've got a sound issue. There are no tyre sounds in onboard views and no collision sounds at all. Good work otherwise.

What cars? Not got that issue here. Collision sounds seem linked to a glitched sound file dating back from 1.0.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy 29/1/2018, 21:22

It seems to be every car. I've tried the A4, Accord, Primera, Starion & 320i. I checked a default GT car to make sure it wasn't my install and it was fine.

I can't select STCC 2002, either. It won't let me scroll down.

Chris Pimm

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/1/2018, 21:41

pimmy wrote:It seems to be every car. I've tried the A4, Accord, Primera, Starion & 320i. I checked a default GT car to make sure it wasn't my install and it was fine.

I can't select STCC 2002, either. It won't let me scroll down.

Interesting, zero issues on test installs here. Thanks. Many apologies but community feedback is what makes these things better. Thank you.

EDIT: Found it.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  new0rder 29/1/2018, 23:59

Thank you very much
new0rder
new0rder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content