European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Issue with the save function on GTR2
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime3/7/2024, 12:02 by dmjreis

» URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime3/7/2024, 10:29 by Scorpyo

» Hello
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime2/7/2024, 09:28 by GogglesX

» Race Driver: GRID'S San Francisco track conversion from RFactor to GTR2.
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime26/6/2024, 17:47 by fencethetrader

» Circuit de la Sarthe Le Mans 2018 (re-conversion)
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 05:30 by vadhil

» Watkins Glen SRW (re-vamped)
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 03:13 by vadhil

» Mercedes CLR LM (1999) for rFactor 1
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime13/6/2024, 01:08 by Lukendrick

» Montreal 2011 update for GTR2 by Sergio Hundo
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime31/5/2024, 01:47 by hundo

» Screenshot button in GTR2
URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends I_icon_minitime30/5/2024, 15:44 by RemusRacing

URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends

+4
Aston
sit997
CATALONIA2013
Scorpyo
8 posters

Go down

URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends Empty URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends

Post  Scorpyo 3/7/2024, 10:29

URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How something that started as a conversion for my personal use in the end turned to a nice story... (Part2)

As people who know me are well aware, I never liked AC or any other new gen sim. They definitely look better then GTR2 but each one of new games miss some features which GTR2 have so I still use only GTR2 and convert cars from never games to it. Most of the cars I release publicly but some are bound to be kept private as there's no way to get permission from original modding team to release them publicly and I won't release cars that are made by independent teams without their permission. This car and rest of URD GTE cars was supposed to be same story but sometimes we get surprised.

First car from URD GTE pack that I have converted was Porsche 991 RSR 2019 and once when I got it in game and saw how good it looks in GTR2 I decided to take a shot and ask for permission as it would be a shame to keep it for myself and few friends who has helped me with their expertise on areas which are still black magic for me and include physics, sounds and some other details. So I gained courage, wrote a message to URD and to my surprise they were kind enough to allow me to release this car and rest of their GTE cars publicly.

So ladies and gentleman I proudly present you URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends as second of those cars

I have converted skins for at least one race from all seasons and championships in which this car is used and which are available for AC. This time I got permissions from both skinners to use their work, XAAMY was even kind enough to share his .PSD files with me and that has saved me a lot of time. SamtheStupid was also willing to share his .PSD files but unfortunately he has lost them when his HDD broke.

====== THANKYOU ======

A huge thank you goes to URD modding team without whom this mod wouldn't be possible. First for creating the mod for AC and then even bigger thankyou for giving me permission to convert their EGT cars to GTR2 and release them publicly.

Same huge thank you also goes to all AC skinners who gave me permission to use their AC skins as a base for GTR2 skins. I did had to make some changes but they were mostly just adding carbon and plastic parts to them as for AC those doesn't need to be painted as AC hadle materials in different way. Those skinners are (in alphabetical order)

SamtheStupid

XAAMY

Last but not least, big thank you to my friends who has helped me with some various things in this mod. They are (in alphabetical order)

aassddffgg

SIDstalker

Test.Pilot

And everyone who I have managed to forget, please forgive me as it wasn't intentional.

====== DISCLAIMER ======

Car is released as it is, neither me or any of my friends didn't noticed any problems with it so hopefully it will run smooth for all of you.

Usually my mods and everything from them is free to use in any way but as this is based on payware mod if you decide to convert it to other game(s) please ask URD for permission before release. You have my permission to use my work but it is imperative to also ask URD for their permission.

Also, if you like how this car look in GTR2 and do also play AC, buy it for AC. You definitely won't regret purchase as car look even better in AC (as everything does) and it is worth every cent.

Mod can be downloaded here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you have already downloaded mod you can download just teams with new skins here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT 2024.07.04
As usual, I have managed to f**k up and few skins were wrong.

I have uploaded ne version of mod and update for those who have already downloaded mod. Both links are above.

Last edited by Scorpyo on 4/7/2024, 11:57; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marijo Pecigus [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Scorpyo
Scorpyo

SilverSun, Nobody73, harvestmouse, Bad News, KonstantinBelovNE, degas, ridwancemen and like this post

Back to top Go down

URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends Empty Re: URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends

Post  CATALONIA2013 3/7/2024, 11:51

Thanks a lot mate! It looks sharp this M8!
We apreciate your job and dedication to release something like this. I am anxious to test it today!
Have a nice day,
Best.
Edward

CATALONIA2013

Back to top Go down

URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends Empty Re: URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends

Post  sit997 3/7/2024, 16:54

Thank you
sit997
sit997

Back to top Go down

Post  Aston 3/7/2024, 21:12

Thank you very much!!! cheers

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vyacheslav Kostenko
Aston
Aston

Back to top Go down

Post  repaban 3/7/2024, 21:41

Nice car, thank you men cheers

Guy Reppert
repaban
repaban

Back to top Go down

Post  ridwancemen 4/7/2024, 04:49

Many thanks, Scorpyo
ridwancemen
ridwancemen

Back to top Go down

Post  teufteuf72 4/7/2024, 09:18

Thank you thumbs

DAVY Eric
teufteuf72
teufteuf72

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpyo 4/7/2024, 11:58

Fix for WEC and LM skins added to first post

Marijo Pecigus [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Scorpyo
Scorpyo

SilverSun, degas and Aston like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sopgt7 Yesterday at 16:29

Thanks

Soporan Vlad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sopgt7
sopgt7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down