European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Issue with the save function on GTR2
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime3/7/2024, 12:02 by dmjreis

» URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime3/7/2024, 10:29 by Scorpyo

» Hello
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime2/7/2024, 09:28 by GogglesX

» Race Driver: GRID'S San Francisco track conversion from RFactor to GTR2.
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime26/6/2024, 17:47 by fencethetrader

» Circuit de la Sarthe Le Mans 2018 (re-conversion)
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 05:30 by vadhil

» Watkins Glen SRW (re-vamped)
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 03:13 by vadhil

» Mercedes CLR LM (1999) for rFactor 1
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime13/6/2024, 01:08 by Lukendrick

» Montreal 2011 update for GTR2 by Sergio Hundo
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime31/5/2024, 01:47 by hundo

» Screenshot button in GTR2
Issue with the save function on GTR2 I_icon_minitime30/5/2024, 15:44 by RemusRacing

Issue with the save function on GTR2

3 posters

Go down

Issue with the save function on GTR2 Empty Issue with the save function on GTR2

Post  dmjreis 3/7/2024, 12:02

Hi all!

Please I am sorry if this is not the proper site area to post this issue...

I am experiencing an issue with the save game (mid race) function of GTR2... quite odd.
I am running at Sebring 12H with GT Italia Modding 2022 mods and after the load of a previous session to continue the race one of the cars loads up the safety car in her place.

I have tried to delete the safety car in the TRACKVEHICLES folder and the result is that the game loads up  a corvette instead.

Do you know what can be causing this issue?

Many Thanks!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Domingos Reis
dmjreis
dmjreis

Back to top Go down

Issue with the save function on GTR2 Empty Re: Issue with the save function on GTR2

Post  Shinra 3/7/2024, 13:24

When loading a saved race, whenever you see a Safety Car in place of another car, that means the car it is replacing no longer exists in your install in the exact directory it was when you started the race. Perhaps you moved it to a different folder or renamed it? It doesn't matter if it's a single number or letter—any slight modification is enough for the game to think it's a different car.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Albert Aponte - Racing for more than 15 years!
Shinra
Shinra

dmjreis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Issue with the save function on GTR2 Empty Re: Issue with the save function on GTR2

Post  dmjreis 3/7/2024, 13:38

humm...  that will explain an other test that I did to replicate this issue...

But not this one.
I start the weekend race with the filter, circuit and a random car and everything is ok. 52 cars with correct skins.
I simulate the practice and qualify sessions (accelerated time) and start the race.
After one lap I pause and save.
Quit and finish race in accelerated time.
Back to menu, choose Race Weekend and chose Last Save Load and the race resumes, and the damn Safety Car it´s on track racing!  Very Happy
Replacing always the same car.
By you explanation I assume that there is a problem with that car specifically. I will try do same excluding that car from the race to begin with and test.

I will share the result here! Smile

Your help give me that hint, It must be a problem with that car!

Many thanks!

Domingos Reis
dmjreis
dmjreis

Back to top Go down

Post  dmjreis 4/7/2024, 10:45

I have tested and the conclusion is that there is for sure an issue with the car (Lambo Huracan nº 39 GTD Sebring entry).
I am not sure if it is the .hdc or the .car file.
Perhaps it´s conflicting with other file when the game tries to upload the save... (tested in more tracks, just in case... it´s not a track issue), but all the others 52 entries are ok!.

Next I will try to delete all the other Lambo cars (in the Teams file) not needed in the race....

If I can reach any conclusion.... Smile

Domingos Reis
dmjreis
dmjreis

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 4/7/2024, 12:02

Has another car used that .hdc? If so, it can't be that. If you have another Lambo, change the .hdc and genestring to match and see if it works then. That will narrow things down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

dmjreis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra 4/7/2024, 14:16

If you haven't modified anything and the issue happens even without leaving GTR2 (for example, run GTR2, start a race, save, leave the race, load the saved race and boom, the car is gone), then a conflicting .car file is the most likely issue. Is there any .car file in your install that has the exact name as that Lambo?

There's a funny side effect of this—if you have two .car files with the same exact name, and those two .car files are for the same car model (no matter if they are located within different folders inside the Teams main folder), when you load a saved race, the game will load the livery of the one inside the folder whose name comes first alphabetically.

Albert Aponte - Racing for more than 15 years!
Shinra
Shinra

dmjreis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  dmjreis 4/7/2024, 14:34

Hi Shinra!

Yes, your suggestion is also my best hunch on this, after what [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote on .hdc files, there are two more Lambos that share the same .hdc (at least, pretty sure that are more on the Teams folder).

So I will check the .car file and I am pretty sure that I will find 2 or more .car files with the same name... but the fact is that the game loads up the Safety Car! Smile

Crazy Stuff!!! Very Happy:D

Thanks! I will check back!! Smile

Domingos Reis
dmjreis
dmjreis

Back to top Go down

Post  dmjreis Yesterday at 11:01

Hi all!

Nope, there is not other .car file with the same name....

Quite the Conundrum!! Smile

But after close visual inspection at the skin in the game... there is some issue with it... there are two numbers in the car door... (the 39 like is suposed with the proper number panel and a 44 white ... slightly distorted...no panel), as far as I know... it´s the only skin of the pack with this problem... (and maybe the problem is on my installation)... but I will check better in the weekend and give feedback!

Thanks!

Domingos Reis
dmjreis
dmjreis

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse Yesterday at 13:12

Well, that sounds like what Shinra is saying might be the case. 2 skins merging into 1.

The other possiblity is an issue with one of the skin files that isn't BODY1.

If you have Geditor, you can open all the files and check them (preferably against another Lambo), to see any irregularities.

For sure though, 2 skins are conflicting each other here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

dmjreis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down