European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Race Driver: GRID'S San Francisco track conversion from RFactor to GTR2.
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 17:47 by fencethetrader

» Circuit de la Sarthe Le Mans 2018 (re-conversion)
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 05:30 by vadhil

» Watkins Glen SRW (re-vamped)
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 03:13 by vadhil

» Mercedes CLR LM (1999) for rFactor 1
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13/6/2024, 01:08 by Lukendrick

» Montreal 2011 update for GTR2 by Sergio Hundo
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/5/2024, 01:47 by hundo

» Screenshot button in GTR2
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/5/2024, 15:44 by RemusRacing

» URD Porsche 991 RSR 2019 by Scorpyo and friends
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24/5/2024, 08:51 by Scorpyo

» how do you mod GTR2?
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21/5/2024, 05:10 by StockCarFan2076

» Hello
how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20/5/2024, 05:23 by bigyetimane

how do you mod GTR2?

+2
why_not_simracer
StockCarFan2076
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 Empty re how do you mod GTR2?

Post  StockCarFan2076 26/5/2024, 02:22

Jempy wrote:As until now I don't know yet the precise mod you wish to install ... I can just speak generally.

1) To install a mod, never unzip in the GTR2 root folder without 1st opening the zip file with a double-click on it
As you don't know how the files content is prepared you might unzip at the wrong place.

Therefore, an example: if you downloaded the Nextel.Cup.Series.2005.v1.2.GTR2.rar at eSport-racing.de ... when opening the zip file you immediately notice that its root folder is: Nextel Cup Series 2005 v1.2 ....
If you should unzip the .rar file in the root folder of the game .... you will never be able to use the mod.
Double-click this Nextel Cup Series 2005 v1.2 folder and you will find the folder to unzip in game: Gamedata is the one.

2) the general easiest safe way to install a mod will be
- Open the zip file
- double-click folder names until you see Gamedata and keep this window open
- open GTR2 main folder in another window
- click Gamedata in the zip file, keep it clicked and move it to a free space in the GTR2 root folder ( else said no other folder should be pointed and enlightened ) and the install will automatically begin.

3) for other files as tracks for example, often the full path is not used but just the track folder itself. If you follow the 1st advice, you should notice it immediately.
In this case the install will be: click the folder and move it to Gamedata/Locations to unzip it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

heres whats going on with the 2013 cars atm
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

how do you mod GTR2? - Page 2 Empty Re: how do you mod GTR2?

Post  Jempy 26/5/2024, 11:57

We need now:
- which mod is it  and give me a link to download it
- a trace file

If you don't know how to get a trace fi!e here's the way to get one:

1) create a shortcut on your desktop for GTR2 ( I hope that you know how to do it ... it's a PC basic )
2) right-click it and choose Properties
3) in the first tab "General" and target line, after ..../GTR2.exe"...add a space and -trace=1000 so that "....\GTR2.exe" becomes ".....\GTR2.exe" -trace=1000
and click OK to confirm.
4) use this shortcut to launch GTR2
5) when GTR2 crashes you find the trace file in: GTR2/Userdata/Log under the name trace.txt

That's the file you need to have an idea of what the problem is mostly in the very last lines of it ... and the name of the 3D part called by the .cas file of the car causing the crash ... missing mostly a file in game.

If the crash happens without creating a new trace file .... the problem is more difficult to find.

Waiting now for those precise details .... without them, we cannot help you further.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 27/5/2024, 00:47

Jempy wrote:We need now:
- which mod is it  and give me a link to download it
- a trace file

If you don't know how to get a trace fi!e here's the way to get one:

1) create a shortcut on your desktop for GTR2 ( I hope that you know how to do it ... it's a PC basic )
2) right-click it and choose Properties
3) in the first tab "General" and target line, after ..../GTR2.exe"...add a space and -trace=1000 so that "....\GTR2.exe" becomes ".....\GTR2.exe" -trace=1000
and click OK to confirm.
4) use this shortcut to launch GTR2
5) when GTR2 crashes you find the trace file in: GTR2/Userdata/Log under the name trace.txt

That's the file you need to have an idea of what the problem is mostly in the very last lines of it ... and the name of the 3D part called by the .cas file of the car causing the crash ... missing mostly a file in game.

If the crash happens without creating a new trace file .... the problem is more difficult to find.

Waiting now for those precise details .... without them, we cannot help you further.

alright ill try the adjustment and heres the mod
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 27/5/2024, 01:26

Downloaded, installed ans perfectly working !

I even already guess where your install was wrong as the zip files are a bit tricky for someone not used to mod GTR2.
If you don't open the zip files first and unzip immediately in game folder, it won't work as the files will have a wrong place in GTR2 folder.

Late for me now, so I'll give you full detailed info for a correct install tomorrow.

NB: these are mostly 2017 and 2019 cars ... so how can you have a 2013 car not showing ?? Very Happy

Last edited by Jempy on 27/5/2024, 01:31; edited 1 time in total

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 27/5/2024, 01:27

Jempy wrote:Downloaded, installed ans perfectly working !

I even already guess where your install was wrong as the zip files are a bit tricky for someone not used to mod GTR2.
If you don't open the zip files first and unzip immediately in game folder, it won't work as the files will have a wrong place in GTR2 folder.

Late for me now, so I'll give you full detailed info for a correct install tomorrow.

ok sounds good and yes im not used to modding GTR2 yet
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 28/5/2024, 13:57

For this 2015-2020 Nascar mod, here are the necessary details in order to install each part correctly:

- open your GTR2 root folder in a window
- open the window of the folder of the .rar files
- keep them both open side by side

- for NASCAR Sound.rar: double-click the .rar, double-click its main folder NASCAR Sound, click and keep clicked the GameData folder for moving it to the GTR2 root folder in the other window in an empty space.... it will unzip the files at the right place.

- for  NASCAR Teams: same process as above ( except the name of the folder being NASCAR Teams )

- NB: no need to install Nascar Templates

- for the NASCAR Teams 2017 Part 1.rar, Part 2 and Part 3, the GTR2 folder you need to open first is:
Gamedata/Teams/ in the game window
For each of the 3 teams folders, double click the .rar, double click the NASCAR Teams 2017 folder and hold click the NASCAR 2017 for moving it to the Gamedata/Teams you opened here above ... you'll need to accept to modify files.

Close everything and you're ready to go and test without crashes.
DON'T ADD ANYTHING ELSE FIRST..... when test is done and it's working adding cars might be possible at the condition that they are done for this mod.
Try to understand how files tree work for the next installs ... in order to avoid mistakes.... as NOT ALL MOD ZIP FILES do have the perfect full path ( mostly directly done with Gamedata as 1st and main folder. )
Once understood ... you'll be a perfect mod installer  Very Happy

EDIT: no need to quote a message if you answer just under the one you're answering to .... useless space in threads and files

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

srcarvalho and StockCarFan2076 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2