European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Race Driver: GRID'S San Francisco track conversion from RFactor to GTR2.
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime26/6/2024, 17:47 by fencethetrader

» Circuit de la Sarthe Le Mans 2018 (re-conversion)
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 05:30 by vadhil

» Watkins Glen SRW (re-vamped)
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 03:13 by vadhil

» Mercedes CLR LM (1999) for rFactor 1
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime13/6/2024, 01:08 by Lukendrick

» Montreal 2011 update for GTR2 by Sergio Hundo
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime31/5/2024, 01:47 by hundo

» Screenshot button in GTR2
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime30/5/2024, 15:44 by RemusRacing

» URD Porsche 991 RSR 2019 by Scorpyo and friends
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime24/5/2024, 08:51 by Scorpyo

» how do you mod GTR2?
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime21/5/2024, 05:10 by StockCarFan2076

» Hello
how do you mod GTR2? I_icon_minitime20/5/2024, 05:23 by bigyetimane

how do you mod GTR2?

+2
why_not_simracer
StockCarFan2076
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

how do you mod GTR2? Empty how do you mod GTR2?

Post  StockCarFan2076 21/5/2024, 05:10

im just wordering because i been wanting to mod the game but im not sure how to do it i would like to put some mods into the game if anyone knows how to mod GTR2 let me know

for example like NASCAR and so on
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

how do you mod GTR2? Empty Re: how do you mod GTR2?

Post  why_not_simracer 21/5/2024, 10:49

You should just find a mod that interests you and then unpack the zip file (mostly) to ...\GTR2\GameData\ (sometimes into subfolder Teams) folder. A lot of mods install like this. And some have their own instructions. I can reccomend you HQ 16 Anniversary patch and CrewChief, they bring a game into modern-ish level.
At first time it takes a while for searching this folder but than you can easily remember it.
I hope you understood

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mirinoyatov Yahyobek
why_not_simracer
why_not_simracer

Back to top Go down

how do you mod GTR2? Empty reply

Post  StockCarFan2076 21/5/2024, 18:36

why_not_simracer wrote:You should just find a mod that interests you and then unpack the zip file (mostly) to ...\GTR2\GameData\ (sometimes into subfolder Teams) folder. A lot of mods install like this. And some have their own instructions. I can reccomend you HQ 16 Anniversary patch and CrewChief, they bring a game into modern-ish level.
At first time it takes a while for searching this folder but than you can easily remember it.
I hope you understood

i could give it a try but mainly i do want to put the nascar mod in but i havent had any luck but i havent got it to work
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 21/5/2024, 18:49

So, inside our 'game-data' you have sub-files.

A mod consists of 3 parts.

The cars
The sounds
And a one off race and/or a race championship file.

You need to put these 3 sections in the correct place.

The race/championship goes directly in the game-data.

The sounds and car folders are sub-folders in the game-data folder.

First, have a look around your GTR2 and locate the 3 places.  Then you'll be able to split your mod and put in the files.

Check the read me, to make sure you don't need anything else.  E.g. another mod or some shader files and you should be good to go.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

why_not_simracer likes this post

Back to top Go down

how do you mod GTR2? Empty reply

Post  StockCarFan2076 21/5/2024, 18:50

harvestmouse wrote:So, inside our 'game-data' you have sub-files.

A mod consists of 3 parts.

The cars
The sounds
And a one off race and/or a race championship file.

You need to put these 3 sections in the correct place.

The race/championship goes directly in the game-data.

The sounds and car folders are sub-folders in the game-data folder.

First, have a look around your GTR2 and locate the 3 places.  Then you'll be able to split your mod and put in the files.

Check the read me, to make sure you don't need anything else.  E.g. another mod or some shader files and you should be good to go.

i can take a look and ill make sure to look at it carefully then put the mods in therfore once i get it in ill take a screenshot and to make sure it works
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

how do you mod GTR2? Empty re how do you mod GTR2?

Post  StockCarFan2076 21/5/2024, 22:11

why_not_simracer wrote:You should just find a mod that interests you and then unpack the zip file (mostly) to ...\GTR2\GameData\ (sometimes into subfolder Teams) folder. A lot of mods install like this. And some have their own instructions. I can reccomend you HQ 16 Anniversary patch and CrewChief, they bring a game into modern-ish level.
I hope you understood

by the way the NASCAR mod i have crashes the game witch what sucks to be honest so idk why it happens because i was able to see the next gen 2022 car

also the game crashes evrytime when i try to drive the 2022 nascar NextGen car its fustrating to be honest
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 22/5/2024, 11:57

Maybe give the name of this Nascar Mod you installed and where you got it should be a good idea.
Some mods need another base mod to work.... and of course if you haven't this mod, game will crash.

Is there a Readme for this mod ? did you read it if there is one ?

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 22/5/2024, 18:33

Jempy wrote:Maybe give the name of this Nascar Mod you installed and where you got it should be a good idea.
Some mods need another base mod to work.... and of course if you haven't this mod, game will crash.

yes there was a read me file and i put the cars in the teams folder but they dont show up besides the 2022 next gen car its weird i have the cars from 2013-2022 and im not able to see the cars i do have the sounds,teams,cars but when i tried to drive the nascar car it crashes the game 5 times and im not sure what to do because i do want to drive some nascar cars at talladega for example
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 22/5/2024, 18:35

Jempy wrote:Maybe give the name of this Nascar Mod you installed and where you got it should be a good idea.

yes there was a read me file
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 22/5/2024, 18:47

If nobody else who has this mod hasn't any problem with it .... the only reason should be a bad install at your side
Is it the 1st mod you're installing for GTR2 ?
Did you see any problem for others where you downloaded the mod ?

In order to help you we need:
- name of the mod and where did you download it  ( here or elsewhere ? )
- show us where you installed all parts of this mod ( screenshots needed in this case ) in your game.

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 22/5/2024, 18:54

Jempy wrote:If nobody else who has this mod hasn't any problem with it .... the only reason should be a bad install at your side
Is it the 1st mod you're installing for GTR2 ?
Did you see any problem for others where you downloaded the mod ?

In order to help you we need:
- name of the mod and where did you download it  ( here or elsewhere ? )
- show us where you installed all parts of this mod ( screenshots needed in this case ) in your game.
[img]"C:\Users\John Bergeron\Pictures\mods.PNG"[/img
"C:\Users\John Bergeron\Pictures\mods1.PNG"

dont mind the real name but i think i DID made a mistake of installing the mod to be honest
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 22/5/2024, 19:06

As long as your pictures are not hosted, they won't show here.
Use the 17 th tool  ( starting from the left at B ) of the editor here and clicking it will allow you to choose the pictures to upload and afterwards to display in your message.

When we see those pictures ( if they show with precision where you installed the mod ) we'll be sure that the install was or was not correct.
And if not correct we will be able to help you install it the right way.

NB: the best way to upload a zip file for a mod is to give it the full path for unzip it in GTR2 root folder but that's not always the case .... making it less easy to install for a not usual expert in PC stuff.

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 22/5/2024, 20:25

Jempy wrote:As long as your pictures are not hosted, they won't show here.
Use the 17 th tool  ( starting from the left at B ) of the editor here and clicking it will allow you to choose the pictures to upload and afterwards to display in your message.

When we see those pictures ( if they show with precision where you installed the mod ) we'll be sure that the install was or was not correct.
And if not correct we will be able to help you install it the right way.

NB: the best way to upload a zip file for a mod is to give it the full path for unzip it in GTR2 root folder but that's not always the case .... making it less easy to install for a not usual expert in PC stuff.

hmmmm maybe i could give that a try but idk how well it will go BUT i do have 2005 nascar nextel cup series mod
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 22/5/2024, 21:31

If it is the one by Goresh updated by Sigi... I'll try it tomorrow, no time free this evening.
More news tomorrow

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 22/5/2024, 21:51

Jempy wrote:If it is the one by Goresh updated by Sigi... I'll try it tomorrow, no time free this evening.
More news tomorrow

ok sounds good i wish you luck with the mod Very Happy
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 23/5/2024, 11:27

Installed, launched and perfectly working.
The version I dowloaded was from eSport-Racing.de.

NB: I didn't add anything to this base mod.

Without any other very precise info ... the problem should be your own surely wrong install of this mod.
I don't see any other reason ... except a further addon you might have done to this mod modifying an important file.

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  joeschmoe 23/5/2024, 16:35

Trace file giving any clues...?

Geo Mulligan
joeschmoe
joeschmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 23/5/2024, 18:39

Jempy wrote:Installed, launched and perfectly working.
The version I dowloaded was from eSport-Racing.de.

NB: I didn't add anything to this base mod.

Without any other very precise info ... the problem should be your own surely wrong install of this mod.
I don't see any other reason ... except a further addon you might have done to this mod modifying an important file.

yeah i made a mistake to be honest because it did not specify instructions so yeah ill get the one form esports then
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 23/5/2024, 18:41

joeschmoe wrote:Trace file giving any clues...?

i dont think its that because i think i found a broken nascar mod and i didn't install it right so ill get the better one from esports
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Sylphide 24/5/2024, 05:03

If you installed that one wrong what makes you think downloading something else will fix it. Its not very hard to drag and drop folders.

Troy Barman
Sylphide
Sylphide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 24/5/2024, 05:17

Sylphide wrote:If you installed that one wrong what makes you think downloading something else will fix it. Its not very hard to drag and drop folders.

yeah i didnt notice that but ill keep it in mind nextime but i do have diffrent nascar mods like nextel,trucks,mofied tour
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 24/5/2024, 11:25

And something else that might have created your problem:
I hope you are aware that adding cars from a mod to another mod even though it's the same car serie IRL is not an automatic possibility.

If this can be done it will be written in the readme mentioning the mod to which it may be added.

I don't drive Nextel Cup cars but I'm nearly sure there are different existing mods and in this case files are not the same and cannot be shared with another mod.
They need then to be installed separately.

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 24/5/2024, 20:12

Jempy wrote:And something else that might have created your problem:
I hope you are aware that adding cars from a mod to another mod even though it's the same car serie IRL is not an automatic possibility.

If this can be done it will be written in the readme mentioning the mod to which it may be added.

I don't drive Nextel Cup cars but I'm nearly sure there are different existing mods and in this case files are not the same and cannot be shared with another mod.
They need then to be installed separately.

yeah true BUT i do learn from my mistakes i might unstall the mod to be honest or idk but if someone could guide me that would be grate
StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Jempy 25/5/2024, 16:04

As until now I don't know yet the precise mod you wish to install ... I can just speak generally.

1) To install a mod, never unzip in the GTR2 root folder without 1st opening the zip file with a double-click on it
As you don't know how the files content is prepared you might unzip at the wrong place.

Therefore, an example: if you downloaded the Nextel.Cup.Series.2005.v1.2.GTR2.rar at eSport-racing.de ... when opening the zip file you immediately notice that its root folder is: Nextel Cup Series 2005 v1.2 ....
If you should unzip the .rar file in the root folder of the game .... you will never be able to use the mod.
Double-click this Nextel Cup Series 2005 v1.2 folder and you will find the folder to unzip in game: Gamedata is the one.

2) the general easiest safe way to install a mod will be
- Open the zip file
- double-click folder names until you see Gamedata and keep this window open
- open GTR2 main folder in another window
- click Gamedata in the zip file, keep it clicked and move it to a free space in the GTR2 root folder ( else said no other folder should be pointed and enlightened ) and the install will automatically begin.

3) for other files as tracks for example, often the full path is not used but just the track folder itself. If you follow the 1st advice, you should notice it immediately.
In this case the install will be: click the folder and move it to Gamedata/Locations to unzip it.

Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

Post  StockCarFan2076 26/5/2024, 00:43

Jempy wrote:As until now I don't know yet the precise mod you wish to install ... I can just speak generally.

1) To install a mod, never unzip in the GTR2 root folder without 1st opening the zip file with a double-click on it
As you don't know how the files content is prepared you might unzip at the wrong place.

Therefore, an example: if you downloaded the Nextel.Cup.Series.2005.v1.2.GTR2.rar at eSport-racing.de ... when opening the zip file you immediately notice that its root folder is: Nextel Cup Series 2005 v1.2 ....
If you should unzip the .rar file in the root folder of the game .... you will never be able to use the mod.
Double-click this Nextel Cup Series 2005 v1.2 folder and you will find the folder to unzip in game: Gamedata is the one.

2) the general easiest safe way to install a mod will be
- Open the zip file
- double-click folder names until you see Gamedata and keep this window open
- open GTR2 main folder in another window
- click Gamedata in the zip file, keep it clicked and move it to a free space in the GTR2 root folder ( else said no other folder should be pointed and enlightened ) and the install will automatically begin.

3) for other files as tracks for example, often the full path is not used but just the track folder itself. If you follow the 1st advice, you should notice it immediately.
In this case the install will be: click the folder and move it to Gamedata/Locations to unzip it.

all right ill give it a try and see how it goes hopefully it goes well

StockCarFan2076
StockCarFan2076

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next