European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» South East
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
SRPL Shaders I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

SRPL Shaders

4 posters

Go down

SRPL Shaders Empty SRPL Shaders

Post  Len1989 12/11/2020, 13:29

apart from placing the whole folder into the main GTR2 folder what else has to be done?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Matt Morris from England

Len1989

Back to top Go down

SRPL Shaders Empty Re: SRPL Shaders

Post  Crimson764 12/11/2020, 21:59

To answer your question, nothing else is required. That's literally it. You will see the shaders in action, the next time you boot the game.

However, as you can see on your post someone has disliked it, it's not me but I can see where they are coming from. Seemingly all of your posts appear to ask some form of question. Some people might take this as spam, and as shown by the dislike I think some people's patience are starting to wear thin. Because it seems like you're constantly asking questions what seems to be every day I look on this forum. Now what I see from this, is someone who seems to lack confidence in terms of installation, mods whatever. Asking for help is not a problem, people will help you if they have time. Although, what I will say is this, back in the old days of GTR2 modding, sure there were people who asked questions about how everything worked but in most cases, people found out how to do these things by experimenting. Like the modders back then and now to an extent as well, we wouldn't have the mods we have today if someone hadn't figured out how to mod GTR2. They didn't crack it by asking questions, they cracked it by experimenting with what works and what doesn't. Which is what I suggest you do, try things out. If it works, great. If it doesn't, start again (and make sure you keep working backups of your game on standby when it ultimately fails.) and if you discover something game-breaking then perhaps we can help you. However, most of these mods have read me files which should tell you how to install them, and if you can't figure it out after that then I'm afraid modding is not for you. We'll just find ourselves in the same looping cycle day in day out.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

kk08, Len1989 and Aston like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Len1989 13/11/2020, 04:04

Crimson764 wrote:To answer your question, nothing else is required. That's literally it. You will see the shaders in action, the next time you boot the game.

However, as you can see on your post someone has disliked it, it's not me but I can see where they are coming from. Seemingly all of your posts appear to ask some form of question. Some people might take this as spam, and as shown by the dislike I think some people's patience are starting to wear thin. Because it seems like you're constantly asking questions what seems to be every day I look on this forum. Now what I see from this, is someone who seems to lack confidence in terms of installation, mods whatever. Asking for help is not a problem, people will help you if they have time. Although, what I will say is this, back in the old days of GTR2 modding, sure there were people who asked questions about how everything worked but in most cases, people found out how to do these things by experimenting. Like the modders back then and now to an extent as well,  we wouldn't have the mods we have today if someone hadn't figured out how to mod GTR2. They didn't crack it by asking questions, they cracked it by experimenting with what works and what doesn't. Which is what I suggest you do, try things out. If it works, great. If it doesn't, start again (and make sure you keep working backups of your game on standby when it ultimately fails.) and if you discover something game-breaking then perhaps we can help you. However, most of these mods have read me files which should tell you how to install them, and if you can't figure it out after that then I'm afraid modding is not for you. We'll just find ourselves in the same looping cycle day in day out.
the installing bit is fine its just the whole converting skins and finding the right mods that's an issue, maybe I am afraid of constantly getting CTDs and not knowing what went wrong(I used to have a trace file but every time it was used it never updated)

plus I only ask questions cause I hope to get answers but obviously I asked too many questions so I'll have to stop cause I never get them answered anyway like asking for new links to mods years old

Matt Morris from England

Len1989

Crimson764 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  holacrosty 10/12/2020, 12:50

just throwing SRPL folder wont do anything. (as you will see) Unless your track or car is developed with this shaders.

Now I have made a "patch" that forces the use of SRPL on all the game (keeping the dx7 and dx8 shaders of course) and do other beautiful things.
Althoug in some tracks (dx7 and dx8) it would mess some of your textures.

holacrosty

Len1989 likes this post

Back to top Go down

SRPL Shaders Empty here is what you want

Post  holacrosty 3/3/2021, 17:47

Len1989 wrote:apart from placing the whole folder into the main GTR2 folder what else has to be done?

well.. this actually does the job. I made it. So here is the link:
Enjoy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

holacrosty

Len1989 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ahmershamsi 8/1/2022, 09:31

holacrosty wrote:
Len1989 wrote:apart from placing the whole folder into the main GTR2 folder what else has to be done?

well.. this actually does the job. I made it. So here is the link:
Enjoy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hello, mate. The link takes me to a post that requires special access.

ahmershamsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down