European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» GTWC Mod for gtr2 and motec display
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime11/10/2024, 12:40 by Stoner

» [DATA] Real weather data for GTR2 original tracks and more 1979 - 2023
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime4/10/2024, 22:08 by shovas

» [MOD] Real Weather for Crew Chief GTR2 Enhancements Plugin
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime4/10/2024, 22:01 by shovas

» RELEASE: THE STADIUM for GTR2 and POWER & GLORY
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime3/10/2024, 12:56 by Jim Clark

» Hello From italy !!!!
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime28/9/2024, 18:46 by Onofrio

» Argo JM16
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime24/9/2024, 18:39 by Vonbakker

» NASCAR 2005 (2004) Mod Question
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime22/9/2024, 08:20 by Jonny6833

» Hallo Everyone!
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime22/9/2024, 08:03 by foch

» Converting tracks from rfactor and AC to GTR2
Problem with Championship points and ballast I_icon_minitime5/9/2024, 17:55 by canois

Problem with Championship points and ballast

Go down

Problem with Championship points and ballast Empty Problem with Championship points and ballast

Post  Guest 7/10/2012, 12:30

I have two problems with championships:

1. At the Spa 24 hour races, AI cars get points at the 6h and 12h marks, but if they retire before the end of the race, those points won't be assigned to their championship total (so it appears as if they did not score anything at all). They get the points only if they finish the whole race

2. When cars with ballast retire, their ballast won't get reduced for the next race, but in reality in the FIA GT Championship, cars that retired had their ballast removed.

So does someone know if we could assign the Spa points and how to reduce ballast for the cars which retire?

Back to top Go down

Problem with Championship points and ballast Empty Re: Problem with Championship points and ballast

Post  alexkiller8 7/10/2012, 13:50

bentley speed 8 wrote:I have two problems with championships:

1. At the Spa 24 hour races, AI cars get points at the 6h and 12h marks, but if they retire before the end of the race, those points won't be assigned to their championship total (so it appears as if they did not score anything at all). They get the points only if they finish the whole race

2. When cars with ballast retire, their ballast won't get reduced for the next race, but in reality in the FIA GT Championship, cars that retired had their ballast removed.

So does someone know if we could assign the Spa points and how to reduce ballast for the cars which retire?

1. the problem simply can't be solved... basicly is a similiar situation that happens when a car go to refuel during the last lap and end the race as DNF because can't restart from the pit once the checked flag is shown, a really annoying situation.

2. may depends by the setting you use in the champ .gdb file, in my mods when a car (that had a ballast during the race) retires loses the ballast simply because at the end of the race the car will be in last positions because of the retirment. I report a ballast set that i use in my fia gt1 2011 mod:

GT111_WeightPenalty
{
Maximum = 50
FirstPlace = 30
SecondPlace = 20
ThirdPlace = 10
FourthPlace = 5
FifthPlace = 0
SixthPlace = -5
SeventhPlace = -10
EighthPlace = -20
NinthPlace = 0
Default = -50
}

maybe you should set the default value as i did, it has always worked.
In 2012 season, the weight ballast system has disappeared from almost all competitions where it was used, because there is a new bop at each race... and in gtr2 is a pain in the ass to set average good and balanced values between cars for all the season long.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alessandro Busdegnao

alexkiller8

Back to top Go down

Problem with Championship points and ballast Empty Re: Problem with Championship points and ballast

Post  Guest 7/10/2012, 14:24

There is a minimum % of the race that everyone need to do to get points.
When I did my champs I always made (using GTR 2 Championship Manager) it with max laps but finishing by time, then nobody got points Very Happy So to fix it I needed to put the number of laps very close to the time I wanted the race to be.
About the ballast I don't know well, but it always worked fine when editing with the Championship Manager.

Back to top Go down

Post  alexkiller8 7/10/2012, 14:41

yeah, is right what kalinin has written; you can set a race lenght of 60min and 200laps to run, but at the end none will score points because is impossible to run 102 laps = 51% necessary to score points in 60 minutes! this is one of the first thing that i learnt about gtr2 championship editing. But this doesn't change the fact that unfortunately GTR2 anyway doesn't give points to retired cars... you can't image the frustration of see cars that during a 24H of le mans go to refuel in the last lap finishing the race as DNF...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alessandro Busdegnao

alexkiller8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/10/2012, 14:49

You'll have to reduce the fuel mileage (if possible, only of the AI) to make it better.
GTR 2 AI needs too much fix, like a less fragile car so they can crash a bit more without losing much speed.

Back to top Go down

Post  alexkiller8 7/10/2012, 14:58

Kalinin wrote:You'll have to reduce the fuel mileage (if possible, only of the AI) to make it better.
GTR 2 AI needs too much fix, like a less fragile car so they can crash a bit more without losing much speed.

for endurance races i use realistic consumes, anyway even reducing the fuel mileage you can just reduce the possibility to make happen an event as i reported, but can happen anyway, none can predict a thing like that in a 24H race. The damage problem can be solved using a .dmg file that requires an unrealistic too much high impact/impulse to waste the aero efficency of the car! cars will keep on be fast also after a light contact with another car, while an heavy impact will be however fatal for the car.

Alessandro Busdegnao

alexkiller8

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/10/2012, 15:49

Thank you all very much for the input
About the points, the problem is not that the AI doesn't travel enough distance. They score points and retire. But anyway there seems to be no solution, so I'll leave that.

Will try the ballast thing and report later

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/10/2012, 16:32

No, the ballast problem is still there No
I even tried copy/past your own value but it is still the same. When cars retire they still maintain the previous ballast weight

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 24/1/2013, 18:59

Maybe the topic is a bit old, but I just wanted to share a workaround to stop the AI from going to refuel at the last lap and then have DNF.

Basicly, you need to save just minutes before the end of the race (about 5 min for smaller or average tracks, maybe about 10-15 for big tracks like LM and Nordschleife).

After that exit the game and go to your PLR file. Just edit these lines to 0:
CURNT Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
PRACT Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
QUICK Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
FRACE Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
CHAMP Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
MULTI Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
RPLAY Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
TIMET Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
DSCHL Fuel Consumption Multiplier="1"
CURNT Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
PRACT Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
QUICK Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
FRACE Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
CHAMP Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
MULTI Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
RPLAY Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
TIMET Tire Wear Multiplier="1"
DSCHL Tire Wear Multiplier="1"

Now start the game and load your save. The AI will now finish the race as they have disabled fuel use and tire wear (but it also affects your car aswell)

With this workaround, the only way the AI would DNF is if they damage their cars. But maybe you can avoid that too by lowering the damage multiplier

Hope this may help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down