European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:18 am by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 4:42 pm by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2024 11:59 am by Orteva

» South East
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 3:42 pm by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 4:11 am by hundo

» introduce
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 12:04 pm by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 9:12 am by GRtoyotafan2

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

+66
Petrus
antoniog7772
Phillip Kruger
PeteB
raul_ninja
RemusRacing
Alonsopower
benkeat88
giaserg
Illy26
the_racer
Audidriver
brianspeake
Racingislife580
jr82
"Qny"
Renxo
GTL117
ZeroTheHero95
marki77
Jarodparker
Ares1988
euroboss78
Aram
Straightsix
ohdear
Kart99
simspeed_racing
wecfan
Cheeveer
haruo
WarBoss
angeleinma
Nebehr
Philipp3112
skeno
ChaosZero
divxx
matteo1974
oldman
bernie91
Rot Teufel
Tano
miuqana
sit997
toto090369
frederick59
sopgt7
pimmy
Alessio_F1
Bad News
alexmezza
eurostc
dbstreet
theravenousbeast
Crimson764
ernie2492
Maxellero
baika
Markano97
intelpower
ThatAudiFan
GTP_furinkazen
suti
OscarF
spottyracer
70 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 Empty Re: [RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

Post  jr82 Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:40 am

simspeed_racing wrote:I think I've decided that I'm not going to make any changes to the mod physics.
There are several people with different ideas of how thing should be, which is great but it creates a real headache for me.  So if people want to upload their own changes or  take on how thing should be there will be no objection from me.    
I think that using real BHP will  not improve realism significantly when the aero and suspension are identical for all the cars (within each drivetrain) You could spend days testing different settings making all the cars unique but I'm not prepared to do that.
If there is another update to the base mod from me it will be only for graphical updates, new wheel styles or models should they be made.   There will be more skin packs to come but I don't want to be endlessly updating the mod, there has been enough of that anyway and right now I'm burnt out on it and sim racing in general so I will try to get the HSCC 2016 pack released before Christmas but that will be it from me this year.

Also can I steer any further discussion on this to the WIP skin and discussion thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
no worries & cheers for all the chat regarding this mod! you guys that created are legends IMO.

jr82

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 Empty Re: [RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

Post  jr82 Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:54 am

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
jr82 wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:
jr82 wrote:
simspeed_racing wrote:No the BHP line doesn't change anything, if you want to change the engine you need to copy the entire engine file.  So if you want to lower it  maybe copy the contents of the  Honda Accord 1995 engine file  (292bhp) to the Nissan 97 engine file.
not a bad idea, would that affect the '97 Nissan's tho?

This morning I have re-done the engine HP levels to mirror real life and as Simon has said to me, the Nissand and Ford are very fast - at Thruxton with BTCC 1998 Nissan and Ford (with Neal and Mansell!) were 1-2-3-4-5-6. However this can be offset somewhat with the body drag base. I'm currently testing new settings.
i have just completed going through each season,the format is 1 race at each track round (12-13 altogether) acc time quali then 5 lap race (edited via championship files) & also had weather set to changeable at all rounds.
findings all up were as follows
94 - BMW up top 1 sec faster than anything else Alfa (Tarquini) doing well if he's in the top 5
95 - Ford the top car here even tho they struggled in real season, Renault a touch slow (prop swap thier eng files over could be the go, i will try it out & see how it goes)
96 - pretty much spot on, Biela won WC without dominating so it was kept interesting,
97 -  close season between Biela & the 2 Renaults, Burt was next up & Rydell was doing well to be top 10 (might swap thier driver files over & see how that goes)
98 - fairly random results tho top/midfield teams took the pts etc. Fords were quick & Neal was a bit too quick, was also quicker than Leslie/Ried.
99 - Honda the dominant car (even Peter Cox was winning races off front row starts) & Nissan were a bit slower than normal tho there were a few wet quali sessions so will have to re-chech that one.
00 - Honda/Ford close title battle, Tarquini won WC, Vauxhall a bit off the pace.

if you like i can try some adjustments (HP as i have no idea how to do the aero) & get back to you on how it all goes?

Bear in mind my new files are all upgraded, 99 Nissan is a few HP down. Use of "ComparativeTime" helps simulating quali.

Also sometimes GTR2 will only use the first Talent file it picks up (at least in race weekend mode).. for example you mention Rydell and Kelvin Burt. The game will look at each folder in order, for example with Rydell it will use the BTCC 1994 folder Rydell first over the 1997 one because it is first in order. To ensure a true simulation of the talent files I would back up the entire folder, and delete all folders in it apart from the series you are racing, and switch them depending what you drive.

About your notes:

1994 - I think BMW's already been mentioned as being little quick. Also Alfa had a different engine file not referenced in the HDC (albeit with less power).

1995 - Ford I found quick as well.

1996 - Audi dominance as it should be.

1997 - Renault maybe tiny bit too slow?

1998 - Draw the lottery - notice Cleland / Vauxhall maybe slightly weak.

1999 - I do know Nissan engine isn't as powerful for 99 as it should be.

2000 - Weren't Vauxhall genuinely a bit rubbish then anyway?

i had removed all talent folders & only files in the talent folder was from the season i as using.
most of your responses are spot on tho not sure what u meant by Alfa '94 having a different engine file?

slow '94 BMW & speed up '94 Alfa a touch, slow '95 Ford/speed up Renault, '96 happy with, Renault do challenge but Audi/Biela still come out on top. speed up '97 Renault a touch & speed up Rydell/slow down Burt (swap driver talent files ?). '98 the randomness of results is fine as per the top half of the field is fine aside from Neal being a front runner (him around the top 10 would be bang on). speed up '99 Nissan. as with '00 Vauxhall were rubbish tho looking at Ch'ship results they both still beat the Honda's who were quicker than Ford in the season i did.
get these right & this mod will be spot on, tho it's awesome as is & i thank those who created it.
i not entirely sure how to do it but am willing to much around with .eng files & see how that goes?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:07 am

Jarodparker wrote:I don't use BTCC pack but in my mixing pack, game is very logic.

The alone change we need in physics is just little less power of BMW 94 but I see that tomorrow, and just added the 94 .eng of Alfa 155 in the 93 and 94.HDC.

In my game I have changed a little the AIgrip for RWD : 1.14 at front and 1.15 for rear. Original is 1.16 and 1.18 but most you have big difference between front and rear, most the AI have understeer -> it lost time and become a tank.

I don't use "comparative time" for testing, I do multiple AI race and I see what the game doing. This setup work fine in my game but it's possible that not correspond of a pack like BTCC, STW or something else.

Simon, I understand you are totally burn out of this mod, you works on this since few years, thanks for your donation of your lifetime thumbs

I think the physics of mod is finish, just fix little error like good Alfa engine in the good hdc and other little things but I don't see the interest to change a lot a mod who works very fine.

If person want answer me, quote my message and answer me in WIP topic, it's for not going to the limit page of the topic (42 if my memories is good)
when skipping quali without acc time (using comparative time )the grids are bang on etc, these changes are so we can play v the AI & qualify etc & have the right cars up front in each season etc.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:42 am

I don't skip qualy, I wait Wink

edit : go on WIP topic for the fix of 94 cars

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  brianspeake Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:11 pm

What a great mod, thought it would be just BTCC but amazing range and knowledge displayed as I work my way through this thread. Apart from the WIP thread can I assume all other Super Touring mods/skins are included in this massive tome.

brianspeake

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Yes all skins that are released are in the one Mega folder.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:35 am

with this mod, was it created & used with the default settings in the .plr file or have the ai settings been adjusted etc?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi guys! Unfortunately I can not download base mod. I get this error:
"out of memory"
What to do? Crying or Very sad
Maybe there's a version with another file exchanger? For help I would be very grateful.

Back to top Go down

Post  brianspeake Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:32 pm

If you are using Internet Explorer use Google Chrome, that sorted this for me and downloaded ok.

brianspeake

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:15 pm

@ simspeed

Before  i make a video upload , i will ask u for permission to do this , course it is no  my mod .
I reworked  my 5 zylindersound and  this  is not real  in touringcar an Audi  with 5 cylinder .
like this fan made car . [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will show an  STW Audi B4  with 5 zylinder sound . No 14 Capello. .all 3 kinds auf  B4 are in this video Less rearspoiler 1993 franceskin ,   early italiyskin  and  late  Germanskin rearspoiler ,  but  focus is on no 14 , hearing sound .

Greats eltom

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:13 am

Speaking of sound, ToCA2 sounds work very well Wink WIP Very Happy

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:00 am

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Speaking of sound, ToCA2 sounds work very well Wink WIP Very Happy
this mod keeps getting better

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  skeno Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 pm

toca 2 sounds for this mod would be outstanding. Surprised

the volvo sounds incredible in toca 2.
skeno
skeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:39 am

brianspeake wrote:If you are using Internet Explorer use Google Chrome, that sorted this for me and downloaded ok.
By the way thank you for the tip, indeed using Google Chrome downloaded without problems!

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:02 am

skeno wrote:toca 2 sounds for this mod would be outstanding.  Surprised

I've got some in the mod but the sounds have a different pitch or "pop" a lot, what format are GTR2 engine sounds supposed to be?

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:49 am

GTP_furinkazen wrote:

I've got some in the mod but the sounds have a different pitch or "pop" a lot, what format are GTR2 engine sounds supposed to be?
is that why when under braking it sounds as tho the car is backfiring?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Are you not just referring to exhaust backfiring?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:59 pm

GTP_furinkazen wrote:

They're usually in .WAV file format.

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Crimson764 wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:

Yeah but I think I have wrong sampling rate or bit rate...

BTCC TrackPack 3.0 going well. Managed to cut 70mb of the download as well by cutting rubbish from it.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Audidriver Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:39 pm

I want to say thank you for this awesome Mod. I love it!

Marc Arens [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No Online Races but ca. 140.000km offline Racing since 2006
Audidriver
Audidriver

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:08 am

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Are you not just referring to exhaust backfiring?
the popping sound under brakes

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:23 am

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
Crimson764 wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:

Yeah but I think I have wrong sampling rate or bit rate...

BTCC TrackPack 3.0 going well. Managed to cut 70mb of the download as well by cutting rubbish from it.
with the AI "racing/overtaking" etc.
they are fine on the "silverstone collection" track (found on another forum)
i am not sure what is in the AIW file that allows them to race very well with each other on that track as i don't understand what the lines in the files represent etc.
let me know if you'd like a link to the track to see if you can see what it is etc.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:14 am

Please use the discussion thread or start a new one if you want to debate the various short comings of GTR2. There are 10 years worth of discussion on GTR2 and ways of improving the game play on various forums.

The track pack no longer has anything to do with me other than hosting which I will not do when the next version is released by GTP_furinkazen, so direct queries to him. The same applies to new sounds.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 19 Empty BTCC TRACK PACK 3.0 RELEASE

Post  GTP_furinkazen Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:06 pm

RELEASE: BTCC TRACKPACK V3.0 FOR GTR2!

Probably the most time consuming mod I have done, which is a surprise considering compared to V2.0 it looks like there is less work... but no you'd be wrong!

The main feature is new AIW's. Sylph has done a cracking job turning Oulton Park into a raceable competitive experience on all layouts. Jmadria has helped to iron out some issues in other tracks, with Snetterton in particular being smoothed out, more on that later... Jmadria also helped with the Wunstorf port for STW Series TrackPack and has helped out with some updates of other content, coming soon... Silverstone GP is raceable, new AIW from Rfactor, whilst Donington National has a small tweak to improve overtaking at the final chicane.

Thruxton is one of two tracks to receive a major overhaul, with changes trackside to turn it into a 1990s-era event. Snetterton however is the biggest one, with a full brand new night variant added for the 1999/2000 BTCC races. There are some lighting glitches and shading issues in parts of the circuit however - if anyone knows how to fix these please let me know, spent hours on this and that glitch to no avail. Snetterton AIW is also reformed, with a less aggressive smoother AI that will mirror the players behaviour more and make for a better racing experience. Also Turn 2 has been redone again after revised looks at old archive footage.

There are other things as well. LOD's tweaked for a number of tracks by myself - a few are shown in the image previews. Knockhill camera's from Race07 in, one of the best sets of trackside camera's I have ever seen. Snetterton has subtle shader changes, Silverstone minor signage tweaks. Knockhill had some spectators getting a little too close to the action who are safer now Wink - Croft has had a few tweaks to track geometry at the first section. The old 5mb Grass texture has been redone, now little over 10% of its old size. Brands Hatch marshals no longer need to master levitation, and instead have even got round to doing a special 2001 signage variant - check it out Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Of course there might be bugs and issues, but in any case report them to me here and i'll check them out. Also I have made efforts to ensure all authors of files are credited for their work.
To install - please delete the previous pack completely and copy in the new files, overwriting anything.

Enjoy!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~Furi
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:39 pm

THANKS !!!

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next