European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Just a question about skin making I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Just a question about skin making

4 posters

Go down

Just a question about skin making Empty Just a question about skin making

Post  ChaosZero 15/11/2012, 09:04

This is something I was thinking for a while now, and I just decided to bring it for open discussion here, maybe we can forget about the problems of the "amazing" sites and blablabla for some times.

I would like to know, as I'm not a skinner, why I see a lot of fictional skins and why all this talent isn't putted in doing real life skins. I mean, when it's about a mod that is fictional or semifictional by itself is not a "problem", but when I see real life cars (Like maybe the 2012 Zytek we have in our download section) with lacking skins and talented skinners that prefer to do fictional skins on it instead of real life ones, then I think just why?

I know, maybe it's stupid, but sometimes we complain about not having a full field or carset because of the lack of skins and then for the missing models we have tons of fictional cars?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ぜんにほんジーティーせんしゅけん
ChaosZero
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Just a question about skin making Empty Re: Just a question about skin making

Post  giaserg 15/11/2012, 09:49

Because there are 2 completely different issues
making a fictional skins is all about, fantasy, creativeness, good tastes
Making real ones, you have constraints, you must be precise, apart the livery that is usually the simplest part, what takes time and efforts is finding pictures, finding and building small complicated, unknown logos of small companies who have no site at all
and less famous is the car/championship you are making, more complicated is painting, because few pictures and unknown logos, you have to build yourself, and old grandpas gentleman drivers who ignore the word "facebook"
For example, apart the livery, easy to find logos and pictures of official BMW Z4 VLN, you probably find all logos in vector format that is the best, in 5 minutes at team's or driver's official site or facebook page
you just have to put them on
while is very complicated find pictures and logos of very small companies of gentleman's M3 or clios racing at VLN or gt open, that can be even hundreds, look at ecosse bes 2011.
Infact there are many versions of same skins, and no versions of interesting national championships,
dutch GT4, mixed GT+touring cars belgian italian FIA GT4 etc..
but this depends even in the stupid politic of private sites owned by hysterical and paranoid guys
who make skinners and modders waste time

Then the question of time, making fictional you decide when is enough, so can take even few minutes
Usually livery is the most complicated parts in fictional skins, logos for the real, I'm thinking to le duc, or izukon skins, are all fantastic art cars, while in real racing, art cars are exceptions.

and, but this is not important, if you wrong something, a small detail, some gimme gimme will ask for more.
so making fictional and real skins, is not the same job!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Giacomo Sergiampietri [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
giaserg
giaserg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 15/11/2012, 13:27

Good point Giacomo.

Back to top Go down

Post  steviejb 15/11/2012, 15:56

For me there is something more satisfying about creating your own skin, especially when it comes out exactly the way you pictured it. I quite often get irritated when painting a real skin, because it has to be perfect, or it just doesn't look right. Having that freedom to do whatever the hell you want is great. Although some would argue I'm better off without that freedom, when I do things like this for official league races. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My personal favourite that I've painted is this one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stephen Bailey
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
steviejb
steviejb

Back to top Go down

Post  PATR10T 15/11/2012, 17:05

do a real live skin is much harder than just paint what u like... easy answer i think Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 15/11/2012, 20:19

Having painted a lot of cars in my time I can say doing a real livery is ok fun, but making something fictional is an expression of ones artistic creation and preference, I prefer creating to recreating, I've done skins for my teams at r2p with rF and always enjoyed doing them more than real skins, but real skins are lovely to have! Smile

I think it all comes down to a skinners/painters personal tastes and opinion really Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down