European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Converting tracks from rfactor and AC to GTR2
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime5/9/2024, 17:55 by canois

» URD Aston Martin Vantage AMR GTE by Scorpyo and friends
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime5/9/2024, 08:51 by Scorpyo

» How to make a sound mod for car in GTR2?
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime17/8/2024, 06:34 by Farezz.

» New members can't acces to rFactor section
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime14/8/2024, 18:50 by vadhil

» ATCC Group C
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime11/8/2024, 11:46 by mceci1

» Subaru BRZ GT300
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime10/8/2024, 16:31 by kk08

» Any AIW update For VLM 91-96 Track
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime10/8/2024, 00:25 by TorpTheTorpedo

» Hello from the USA!!!
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime8/8/2024, 01:01 by TorpTheTorpedo

» Toyota GT86MC SGT300
Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships I_icon_minitime7/8/2024, 16:01 by kk08

Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships

2 posters

Go down

Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships Empty Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships

Post  Samsonov 15/10/2020, 16:46

Not sure if I should post here or GTR2 Misc but here goes.

I am getting very high levels of DNFs in some races. For example, I did a 30 lap race on Virginia Raceway, Grand East Course, and by around lap twenty five all 12 cars (including myself) were DNFS. I am not sure if this is due to mechanical failures or not. I know you can turn off mechanical failures in the standalone races, and I think it is possible to turn them off in the championship via editing stuff in the userdata folder, but I still seem to get the same DNFs.

Any ideas? I have not yet observed this happen in any of the original tracks, and it only occurs in some user made tracks, so I am wondering if each track has code controlling this.

Samsonov

Back to top Go down

Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships Empty Re: Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships

Post  kk08 15/10/2020, 23:12

The fuel lap estimate for this track is wrong. Too low. I'm not an expert but the problem should be in the .AIW file.
There is a line "fuelEstimate" or something like this. You have to raise this value.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Giovanni Carbonaro, Italy

kk08

Back to top Go down

Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships Empty Re: Reducing the number of DNFs in GTR2 championships

Post  Samsonov 19/10/2020, 21:54

Thanks for the suggestion. Alas, it does not solve the problem, it seems not related to fuel use as such but rather rather any pitting will make the cars DNF on this track. The race runs fine if I turn off fuel use and tyre wear, having run a three hour race without any DNFs in a 24 car field. Also, I read that DNFs can be caused by too few pitboxes but I get all DNFs with just two cars running.

I might have a play around in the awi file (I was wondering how to modify this sort of thing, being new to the game, so finding out about the awi file is very helpful).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Fellowes

Samsonov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down