European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
sim racing creating new skin vech files,   I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

sim racing creating new skin vech files,

4 posters

Go down

sim racing creating new skin vech files,   Empty sim racing creating new skin vech files,

Post  Racer J 9/1/2019, 20:45

I'm trying to match a paint scheme to DP cars. currently I can't get scheme to show up in the correct car category .i add a scheme and they show up as a add on....?any help would be a help

Racer J

Back to top Go down

sim racing creating new skin vech files,   Empty Re: sim racing creating new skin vech files,

Post  dcollins22585 10/1/2019, 23:17

Need more info.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dave Collins

dcollins22585

Back to top Go down

sim racing creating new skin vech files,   Empty vech files

Post  Racer J 11/1/2019, 00:15

I have 2 different mods with the same car, everything about the cars are the same but the paint schemes are different within the mods.when I enter change the schemes. the 2 group of schemes either don't show up or they show up as a add on mod. I hope that helps, and thanks for the help...

Racer J

Back to top Go down

sim racing creating new skin vech files,   Empty Re: sim racing creating new skin vech files,

Post  Mezmaryse 11/1/2019, 14:41

Racer J wrote:I have 2 different mods with the same car, everything about the cars are  the same but the paint schemes are different within the mods.when I enter change the schemes. the 2 group of  schemes either don't show up or they show up as a add on mod. I hope that helps, and thanks for the help...  

veh. files and skins cant have the same name as another. you need to differentiate them from each other

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.

Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat.

- Mario Andretti
Mezmaryse
Mezmaryse

Back to top Go down

sim racing creating new skin vech files,   Empty sim racing creating new skin vech files,

Post  Racer J 11/1/2019, 21:45

Mezmaryse wrote:
Racer J wrote:I have 2 different mods with the same car, everything about the cars are  the same but the paint schemes are different within the mods.when I enter change the schemes. the 2 group of  schemes either don't show up or they show up as a add on mod. I hope that helps, and thanks for the help...  

veh. files and skins cant have the same name as another. you need to differentiate them from each other

k, i think i'm understanding you . thanks for your response. let me try to paint my picture .... I have two corvette dp car mods that are identically put together (car File work ups, physics,suspension extra.......) mod 1 has 3 paint schemes mod 2 has the same 3 but also has 2 more paint schemes which when I add too mod 1 don't show up in the DP section of the mod, but do show up in the mod in general as a add on car... Is there any way to get the 2 schemes from mod 2 to show up in the DP section of the 1st mod????

Racer J

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 12/1/2019, 05:45

For example you have a car called 98021 , you've made another car and it's has the same year and number and is the same model. What will happen is one car will overwrite the other car (probably) or you could have a right mess of mashed in skins.

to prevent this simply add 2 letters after the number. For example 98021xx. Now the game will separate your 2 cars. You have rename all files mind. .Car file, DDS files, GTR files, tech files. And anywhere that it's named in the files (i.e. in the .car file).

Once you do this, I'm sure your problem will be solved.

sim racing creating new skin vech files,   10149535863

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Racer J 12/1/2019, 20:20

harvestmouse wrote:For example you have a car called 98021 , you've made another car and it's has the same year and number and is the same model.  What will happen is one car will overwrite the other car (probably) or you could have a right mess of mashed in skins.

to prevent this simply add 2 letters after the number.  For example 98021xx.  Now the game will separate your 2 cars.  You have rename all files mind.  .Car file, DDS files, GTR files, tech files.  And anywhere that it's named in the files (i.e. in the .car file).

Once you do this, I'm sure your problem will be solved.

thanks

Racer J

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down