European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Looking for NASCAR skins?
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitimeToday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa?

2 posters

Go down

How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? Empty How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa?

Post  Guest 11/11/2018, 17:52

While I was chatting in a Discord server all about Gran Turismo model ripping, I mentioned that there were some mods from games like GTA:SA and GTR2 which are cars featured in the GT franchise such as the Opel Calibra DTM 1994 in GTR2 or a Daihatsu Midget MP5 in GTA:SA. So I was currently considering about converting a GTR2 car which I downloaded from esport-racing which is an Ascari A10 from TDU2 originally which looks awesome using a program called 3DSimEd.

Problem is that after I knew from one of the users in that server that I had to unpack its .gtr file to get all of the .OBJ files, import them altogether as objects, explode them all and finally export the model in .ks5 format, it looks like this:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So what I would like to know is basically the steps to properly convert a car model like this one into Assetto Corsa using that program and granted that I'm not going to release this car publicly since it's a conversion from TDU2/GTR2 and it's only used for learning purposes of course.

Back to top Go down

How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? Empty Re: How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa?

Post  yuca 8/12/2018, 10:35

the basic steps are like you described it, but by the look at the car you or your model let you down

so i propose, choose another model for the beginnig and then you will have it easier to find where you went wrong

but basicly it is as you said it,
get a 3dmodel
convert it into kn5
use AC kn5 utility or 3dsimed to select correct shader (dont forget to set objects groups)

my advice to you is:
i assume you own AC, so try first to create the car in the SDK
here a tutorial
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

then go a step back
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yuca
yuca

Back to top Go down

How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa? Empty Re: How to convert cars from other games into Assetto Corsa?

Post  Scorpyo 9/12/2018, 09:08

TonySSS wrote:... explode them all and finally export the model in .ks5 format, it looks like this:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...

You have to skip one step. Don't explode the meshes as that will merge all of them in one big mesh which will be too big for SimED to export it and you will always end with this mess.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marijo Pecigus [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Scorpyo
Scorpyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/12/2018, 13:16

Scorpyo wrote:
TonySSS wrote:... explode them all and finally export the model in .ks5 format, it looks like this:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]...

You have to skip one step. Don't explode the meshes as that will merge all of them in one big mesh which will be too big for SimED to export it and you will always end with this mess.
Oh so I have to convert each mesh of the model in some format before I can merge them all into one as a .ks5 model?

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpyo 10/12/2018, 06:58

TBH I have no idea about modding AC but I had experienced same issues when I was converting some high detailed cars from other games to GTR2 and a s I said SimED do that when model has more polys that it can handle.

So I suppose that your best bet is to work on one mesh at a time.

But, why do you want to add Ascari to AC? There is one great looking already in it.

Marijo Pecigus [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Scorpyo
Scorpyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down