European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Automobilista (Review) I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Automobilista (Review)

2 posters

Go down

Automobilista (Review) Empty Automobilista (Review)

Post  Guest 21/5/2016, 00:43

Hi guys,here a little review (internet help me for somethings) of the next game that we will use for Online race..sorry for my english!

Before you start driving you always have to configure the steering wheel and all the various options in the FFB. Luckily the interface is sufficiently clear and is not difficult to set all the options..

So Removed all help and let's Go in the track!
For this review,I run for the 1st the Mini.
Already the first meters the feelings that I get from the steering wheel are great, has no holes and has not even fake strange effects (FFB set to Low as recommended by the developers). It warns the classic understeer of front-wheel drive with the steering wheel that gets lighter..
If you do not choose a too fast circuit the car is very hilaurios and i have also very realistic sensations, easily one of the best front-wheel that i ve tested in a simulator.

Interface in cockpit is very good,you have all informations,temperature of engine/brakes/tyres..and all possible

I decide to move to a much more powerful car and on a real track. Stock V8 at Interlagos. Go in the cockpit and the roar of the V8 is incredible and the feeling impressive. Here you immediately feel like you have to warm up the tires before you can push it seriously and it takes at least two good laps, I like this!
After somes laps you take confidence with the car and you start to be able to insert it in a slight oversteer and pushed harder. At some point T1 block for about 50m the front tyres and I notice that the steering wheel starts to vibrate a little annoying, but without trying to destroying my 'desk' .
The 'looking' simulation is fantastic and not too invasive on the steering wheel, I find it perfect!

Another thing for which it is worth spending a few lines are the dynamics conditions of the circuits.

I've always started to setting the tires levels of the track 'low' and run together about 15-20 cars controlled by the computer.
All work very well and the feeling of a lack of grip that you have out of the way, offering an immersion remarkable and especially lovely opportunities for overtaking and funny.

In general, physical and FFB are very good.
Probably the best FFB ever.

Now the graphics.
Tbh for me isnt a problem,because i dont have a 'PC Monster'
Anyway,the engine on which it is based, although it has been updated, shows brutally its limits and its age and simply from a feeling of old in all that appears to our eyes. The car models are well made but everything else very much out of place even if everything remains clean and without false or exaggerated effects. The problem is that in the world of simulations are ahead all games, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone!
The day / night cycle is made very well, it may not be enough in 2016 to have a graphics engine of this type, so here the game gets a negative point.
You will say that a simulation must bet more of something else, but I want to reiterate that following this reasoning could easily dust off the first chapter of Grand Prix not?

Another chapter, deserves the sound engine. This is one of the most successful aspects of this game.
Each car transmits a lot and makes you want to pull the gears just to appreciate the sound. In particular I find the perfect Formula V10 / 12 and the Stock V8..
In a few other titles we had a sound so well done and powerful! Amazing

Netcode
Levels of excellence. The netcode of Motorist will be that of the old gMotor, but it works very well.
Is a year that I playing online with Gamestockcar..and I m full happy for netcode results!

So,at the end..
I recommend? Sure! Buying it whit your eyes closed!
And dont worry about content,tracks and cars are 99% compatibile from Gsc so Wink

WHAT I LIKE
- Physics are very very good
- FFB excellent
- Alive and powerful Sound
- Very well netcode

WHAT I DO NOT LIKE
- Graphics very dated
- Contents

Back to top Go down

Automobilista (Review) Empty Re: Automobilista (Review)

Post  Guest 21/5/2016, 01:06

I don't get much when people talk about graphics in AMS, about rF2 for example would make sense. But AMS not really... it's an update to SCE, none of us would spend much updating AMS graphics if we owned a dev studio, except if you'd like to go bankrupt.
Anyway all sims nowadays are just meh... they all have good points but lack on the others.
I hope for the next one they'll get the graphic part better tho, especially if they add rain.

But AMS is good enough for online racing, it looks a lot more professional now compared to SCE. I think there will be more people joinning it. And its content is really good, we just don't use it much here (I wish we would). I think it has enough content to run for 2 or 3 years of leagues  lol! but our driver base is not that much diverse on what they'd like to race.
Anyway looking forward to "not rFactor 3" (and the benefits it could bring to rF2), next Reiza sim and RaceRoom updates (especially integration with UE4). Hope we'll finally have a sim we can say it's complete.

And then talking about graphics I saw this today. Watch out some shots in the video looks like augmented reality lol pretty cool, but most of it (specially under shadows) is pretty bad

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Fan 8899 21/5/2016, 02:43

You didn´t really spoke about your problem with the content. What is it ? Because I would be very intrested.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ermis Chachoglou
GT Fan 8899
GT Fan 8899

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtTsYSMopmxGCFM3MmhN81w

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/5/2016, 05:26

GT Fan 8899 wrote:You didn´t really spoke about your problem with the content. What is it ? Because I would be very intrested.

Any gt cars (GT3,GTE,GT1) any lmp1,any lmp2,any classic sportscars,not dtm,not indycar
Missed pretty all circuits
Btw we have a good f1 pack,f3,stock v8 and marcas..also rally cross..
Fortunatly there are the mods!
Tbh I love this game,but we need to admit that contents arent so much..
Yes there are much content but 'differents' , maybe not that interesting
Anyway we are peoples and so differents opinions Smile
of course is my opinion Smile
Why we dont use this f1 for somes online races? Cars are very good!

Will is a beta at the moment Smile

Last edited by dbr93 on 21/5/2016, 06:11; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Cech 21/5/2016, 05:48

[mention]@Will wrote;
And its content is really good, we just don't use it much here (I wish we would)[/mention] wrote:

I agree with Will. GT3 is serious racing. It would be nice to bring in some fun factor by using different cars.
It gets a bit boring after a while using the same mod.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bob Cech
Bob Cech
Bob Cech

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 21/5/2016, 13:39

I like the stock V8 in AMS, the car pretty much drives just like a GT but slower and has push to pass lol! it's a great entry level to GT racing IMO. I want to do a new V8SC league but pure Aussie tracks, just waiting for 1 or 2 more to appear from Patrick. F3 is great, F Classic is perfect, Marcas would be a great league, and so on. Even the Vees are fun.
For the proposal Reiza has and their limited budget AMS content is good enough, not perfect, but just good enough. To expect them to be able to license a GT is a bit too much. The Boxer Cup (fun too) is already a lot of risk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down