European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Oreca 07
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24/7/2024, 22:13 by randomizer135

» Good evening from France
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14/7/2024, 22:20 by azura_24

» Issue with the save function on GTR2
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3/7/2024, 12:02 by dmjreis

» URD BMW M8 GTE by Scorpyo and friends
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3/7/2024, 10:29 by Scorpyo

» Hello
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/7/2024, 09:28 by GogglesX

» Race Driver: GRID'S San Francisco track conversion from RFactor to GTR2.
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26/6/2024, 17:47 by fencethetrader

» Circuit de la Sarthe Le Mans 2018 (re-conversion)
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 05:30 by vadhil

» Watkins Glen SRW (re-vamped)
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15/6/2024, 03:13 by vadhil

» Mercedes CLR LM (1999) for rFactor 1
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13/6/2024, 01:08 by Lukendrick

Corvette DP Beta released

+7
Racingheaven
PATR10T
redcart
Xtra-Large
99pro
GeForce06
eurostc
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 Empty Re: Corvette DP Beta released

Post  Guest 19/7/2014, 08:49

PATR10T wrote:for now i have the hope that ac will have all the features we want like pitcrew, marshals, boxenstops etc... the hardest rival is pcars and its on a great way to be a great game too, i have an eye on it too Wink

for a final decision on which game i will start modding i have to wait for more progress on both games, had to say yet... i want todo it on ac but i have a bad feeling about some things...

To be fair, PCARS isn't advertised as moddable. I'm sure it's possible as with Shift and Shift 2, but still, not very easy.

Back to top Go down

Post  PATR10T 19/7/2014, 09:04

todays problems are the dlc shits

if you want to make money with a game you have to keep the games engine and stuff closed... if you do it not and declare it as moddable you cant bring dlc stuff because people would crab it, drop it in mods and share it to everyone, so everyone can have it without spending money... -.-

im sure later after a final release it wont be a bigger prob to add mods to pcars...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 V1
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 Unbena12 Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/7/2014, 10:05

But AC is moddable and will have DLC...

During development SMS asked the community if they wanted pCARS to be moddable and people said "no", so it's not going to be made with mods in mind. Pretty sure you can unpack the game like with Shift 2 but that method is one of the worst I've ever seen. There's a reason why the game's content is packed in .bff files and it's to improve loading times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/7/2014, 14:48

PATR10T wrote:for now i have the hope that ac will have all the features we want like pitcrew, marshals, boxenstops etc... the hardest rival is pcars and its on a great way to be a great game too, i have an eye on it too Wink

for a final decision on which game i will start modding i have to wait for more progress on both games, had to say yet... i want todo it on ac but i have a bad feeling about some things...
Agreed. We need a real imersion on these sims, not only a driving simulation but something that will give us everything that can happen in a race (especially for online races). Would be fun if we could have a setting that force everyone in the server to have visible pit crew for example. Also need stuff like setting parts of the track where if a car stop and can't move it will bring a full course yellow, these things would make online races a lot of fun

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero 19/7/2014, 15:18

There's an old and unwritten rule that says "once it's on the internet, it can't be stopped".

You can go and threaten people not to convert or edit or reupload your stuff without permissions, but if you release something for the public, this very same public will do what he wants regardless of your will.

Sure, you now registered here on a GTR2-focused forum bashing old sims and "attacking" our members about "illegal" (Don't forget that your mod is breaking the copyrights laws so you don't actually own anything) conversions, but what else?

Sooner or later a conversion of your mod for the dead old sims will popup and you won't be able to stop it (I've actually seen two wips already and one of them is actually released). There are more sites than you can imagine, and most of them are so "underground" you won't even find them.

I feel sorry for you being a modder myself (Thomas is an old friend of mine too), but your faith in the modding community being respectful is just a waste. Good luck in your crusade.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ぜんにほんジーティーせんしゅけん
ChaosZero
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza 19/7/2014, 17:02

Yep, this car will be converted (and it's already converted), whether you want it or not !!!

This is the final destiny of all the good model, and it's a good model...  thumbs 

So as ChaosZero said, good luck in your crusade.

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 ?series=rectangular_icon&country=france&size=64                      Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 ?series=rectangular_icon&country=italy&size=64
alexmezza
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/7/2014, 17:12

maybe a little off topic so sorry in advance but....

i really don´t understand these double standards like AC on one side and all other games on the other.
it seems to be ok to rip all kinds of models from all kinds of games and platforms and release them here...with one exception called AC!!!
Sorry but i can´t see any logic in this.
Why making a big fuzz about AC conversions while being happy to rip all other stuff???
What makes AC so special?

About that Corvette DP...well...if the author expresses his wish not to convert it, at least i will accept that.
Even though i think that the explanation sounds a little flat Rolling Eyes 
Only because there will be a bunch of new games out there, it doen´t make the old games like rF1 or GTR2 bad!

my 2 cents inside this "private" forum (!?)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mezmaryse 12/8/2019, 19:25

Triebie wrote:maybe a little off topic so sorry in advance but....

i really don´t understand these double standards like AC on one side and all other games on the other.
it seems to be ok to rip all kinds of models from all kinds of games and platforms and release them here...with one exception called AC!!!
Sorry but i can´t see any logic in this.
Why making a big fuzz about AC conversions while being happy to rip all other stuff???
What makes AC so special?

About that Corvette DP...well...if the author expresses his wish not to convert it, at least i will accept that.
Even though i think that the explanation sounds a little flat Rolling Eyes 
Only because there will be a bunch of new games out there, it doen´t make the old games like rF1 or GTR2 bad!

my 2 cents inside this "private" forum (!?)

yeah i agree its a double standard, while its okay to rip from other games for example mobile apps and then beeing upset if somebody rips this stolen content (without authoritsation of the developer) because of the 3 hours spent on "converting"... silly. we steal from kunos without asking but dont ever try steal from the stealer or your reputation among modders will take a hit.

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.

Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat.

- Mario Andretti
Mezmaryse
Mezmaryse

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpyo 13/8/2019, 10:06

Mezmaryse wrote:yeah i agree its a double standard, while its okay to rip from other games for example mobile apps and then beeing upset if somebody rips this stolen content (without authoritsation of the developer) because of the 3 hours spent on "converting"... silly. we steal from kunos without asking but dont ever try steal from the stealer or your reputation among modders will take a hit.

And here we are again with same old topic...

This time in a thread that had last post over 5 years ago...

Marijo Pecigus Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 Croati11 Corvette DP Beta released - Page 2 Zagreb11
Scorpyo
Scorpyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2