European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Converting tracks from rfactor and AC to GTR2
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime5/9/2024, 17:55 by canois

» URD Aston Martin Vantage AMR GTE by Scorpyo and friends
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime5/9/2024, 08:51 by Scorpyo

» How to make a sound mod for car in GTR2?
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime17/8/2024, 06:34 by Farezz.

» New members can't acces to rFactor section
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime14/8/2024, 18:50 by vadhil

» ATCC Group C
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime11/8/2024, 11:46 by mceci1

» Subaru BRZ GT300
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime10/8/2024, 16:31 by kk08

» Any AIW update For VLM 91-96 Track
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime10/8/2024, 00:25 by TorpTheTorpedo

» Hello from the USA!!!
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime8/8/2024, 01:01 by TorpTheTorpedo

» Toyota GT86MC SGT300
[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 I_icon_minitime7/8/2024, 16:01 by kk08

[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404

+4
giraty
khan1670
momo2012
eurostc
8 posters

Go down

[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 Empty [Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404

Post  Guest 11/1/2014, 13:06

Hi Guys,

I know many of you enjoyed several of my track improvements regarding the AIW Files. Now I've done a Tutorial so you can do it yourself. I got many requests to create AIWs for so many tracks. Finally you can do it by yourself.
It's for sure not perfect and it hasn't any screens, but I've tried to describe all that stuff as detailed as possible.
Don't expect to get a perfect AIW when doing it the first time. You also might get a couple of mistakes in them, but for me it was the same. So take your time to learn it and to create your own AIWs.

BUT I want to ask you to do one thing:
Whenever you created an AIW File, PLEASE share them here in this forum! We all will appreciate it a lot.

If you're not sure about something in the Tutorial, ask your questions here. I will give you some support. But don't ask before you've tried to do it by yourself!

Everything you will need for a good AIW is included in this package. So first, READ THE "README-INSTRUCTIONS.txt".

regards
ilu2404

Credits

• ISI for their AIW Editor
  • Strava for Groove Alpha Editor
  • Petrs73 for AIW Repair Utility
  • racerm for Track Conversion Tutorial

GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 Empty Re: [Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404

Post  eurostc 11/1/2014, 15:18

Great idea !  clap 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marc Majnes
eurostc
eurostc

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404 Empty Re: [Tutorial] GTR2 AIW Creation Tutorial by ilu2404

Post  momo2012 11/1/2014, 15:43

Thanks Uli.  thumbs 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Richard Rodriquez
momo2012
momo2012

Back to top Go down

Post  khan1670 11/1/2014, 20:17

Awesome job Uli !!!

I've made a couple myself before but it's been awhile and a refresher course is great!!

Couple notes:

Technically it is possible to have one car per pit.  Wink 

You can do this by having the garage positions the same for each garage spot and setting max vehicles = number of pits. In the gdb you'll have to change numbersharingpits section to all 1's or it will force spawn cars into a garage if teams are setup in the car files.

GTR2 does recognize wp_wpse= which is the rfactor version of wp_event i guess.
So you can use the "mark special slowdown" command to mark the pit slowdown if you like.
I used it to change the spot for one of the Sonoma layouts as the pitting cars  would slam
into non-pitting cars at the last hairpin. (layout with the short hairpin)

Of course that means you have to leave those lines in the AIW, but it's an option if you want.

Kevin Hauer
khan1670
khan1670

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/1/2014, 00:49

Thx Kevin! I hope people will be able to work with this.

Of course it does recognize the rfactor format of the AIW File, otherwise many tracks wouldn't run in GTR2. But I think it's always better to use GTR2 standard. I've got to say that for me this special slowdown spot never worked in GTR2 - or there was a different error. So I recommend to use this wp_event code 1,18 Wink Not really much more work when you think of finalizing the AIWs for GTR2.

That point at Sonoma is indeed critical. But another tweak you could do is to lower the wp_event in general for that part of the pit path, to something like 0.3 or 0.4. With this you can force the AI to brake on straights too and so you can avoid crashes. Only other option would be to move the racing line a bit more to the inside, so there is enough room for the pitting cars.

Finally there are many solutions that can be used. It's only a question of being creative Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 28/1/2014, 06:00

Anyone there who worked already with it? If so it would be nice to get some feedback, if it's well explained or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 29/1/2014, 00:05

trying my first steps just now Very Happy so wait and see Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  khan1670 15/3/2014, 22:22

Just another note as I don't see it anywhere, but you can rotate the car in place using the ctrl-shift and numpad left/right arrow keys.

Kevin Hauer
khan1670
khan1670

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 29/5/2014, 00:19

Great job Ilu!Thanks for sharing!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/6/2014, 00:43

Wasn't sure which thread was best but:

If anyone can help I have two questions regarding the safetycar

1. Is it possible to make the safety car go out earlier?
Because the leader ends up being out ahead of the safety car when it pulls out.
2. Is it possible to delay when the green flag waves?
The race starts too early in the formation lap.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/6/2014, 02:18

First of all: It is enough to post it in only one topic Wink

What do you mean with the Safety Car going out earlier? You mean a caution period? The SC comes out as soon the SC Period is called out. Anyway, SC handling in GTR2 is really buggy, nothing really you can do, except trying to place it very close to the track near the end of the pit path.

The point the green flag gets waved is normally adjusted to the teleport positions. If they are placed closer to the Start/Finish Line, you will get a later green flag, than placing them further back onto the track. The SC automatically disappears as soon the green flag gets waved, so there won't be any troubles.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/6/2014, 03:05

Both of these cases are actually for Fuji Speedway

When I meant by the safety car going out earlier was:

My issue is that once the Full Course Yellow is waved no matter where the leader is on the track the safety car doesn't get out on track fast enough in order to be in front of the leader. Its position in the pitlane isn't obstructed. I've seen with rfactor there's a line in the .aiw called SafetyCarReleaseDist but it doesn't apply in GTR2 as far as I know.

So I'll have to move my teleport spots up closer to the line then to get a later start.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/6/2014, 06:29

The main bug I got with the Safety Car later in the race is that lapped cars are driving slow all the time while cars that should close the gap to the leading group just don't go by. I never understood it and it's something really bad. I don't think that there is a line that could solve it, never read about a solution. You can already see how buggy it is if you increase the speed of the formation lap. Depending on the AIW Main and Pit Path, the SC isn't able to keep the car on track and as soon it moves over, the AI starts to ignore the SC like it wouldn't be there. If somebody ever found a solution, I'd be glad to read it here. Probably there is a trick with the AIW lines for this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/7/2014, 23:31

Another question.

How do you avoid the issue where when the car pits at the end of the pitstop the car teleports to the garage and is listed as a DNF

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 20/7/2014, 10:42

That's an issue with the pit spot connection to the pit path. First delete in your rfactor Folder the File "backup.aiw", then try under "unsupported/test options" the point "Reset special waypoints". Then save, go back to main menu and load the track again, then again save. Under "Show/Hide" you can make those connections visible. If it doesn't work, there's probably a greater issue with the AIW. Mainly there I recommend to create a complete new AIW from scratch.

The last one will work for sure, the first one not always.

Back to top Go down

Post  giraty 10/2/2016, 14:06

-Bump, sorry but-

Does anyone here know how to make this DevFiles work for Windows 10?

Octavian Axel Putra

giraty

Back to top Go down

Post  monitorjorge 12/9/2019, 18:49

Guys, a simple question..

I remember in papyrus nascar 2003 in race session all cars start the formation lap from pit lane. In GTR2 start from main straight. We can change this?

| SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 | PHENOM IIX6 1090T | 16GB GSKILL SNIPER SERIES | GTX1660 TI 6GB
monitorjorge
monitorjorge

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 12/9/2019, 21:49

monitorjorge wrote:

Guys, a simple question..

I remember in papyrus nascar 2003 in race session all cars start the formation lap from pit lane. In GTR2 start from main straight. We can change this?

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible. Pretty much all tracks (both base game and modded) all start from the grid hatchings on the start straight. And for future reference, DON'T bump old threads. Your question just revived a 3 year old dead thread. They don't need reviving. If you ask a question, just ask in your own fresh new topic, someone will probably answer.

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  kk08 12/9/2019, 21:59

It's possible and once I tried it. There was a thread at nogrip.

I should be an edit in plr file from Reconnaissance="0" to Reconnaissance="1".

I could be wrong. confused

BTW create a thread next time. This question is not related to the subject. Don't thank me and avoid spamming threads with unrelated questions.

Giovanni Carbonaro, Italy

kk08

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefan Bellof.RIP 14/10/2021, 15:21

Regarding to this I wanna ask this: I am trying out a NASCAR mod and when I'm trying a race at Daytona the SC is behind the grid at the rolling start. So is this mod related or sth. that could be fixed in the .aiw as well!, or is it another issue? Thx for possible answers. Smile

Stefan Bellof.RIP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down