European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» South East
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
Ciao from Monza! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

Ciao from Monza!

Go down

Ciao from Monza! Empty Ciao from Monza!

Post  ikeysracing 30/6/2022, 12:03

Ciao Everybody,

more than happy to be here and to see a so passionate community about GTR2.
And not only, this place is full of beauties on 4 wheels, love it!

GTR2 game in particular is what I'm re-discovering after many years far from simulators and videogames in general.
But "thanks" (please forgive me to say so) to italian lock-downs (2020-2021) and at least a better balanced lifestyle I re-started to enjoy again driving virtually.

Unluckily I'm not a decent modder, creator or anything similar.
I'm just approaching sometimes some quick fixes on .gdb .eng files when needed.
And also uploading some race-videos on my YT channel when I'm a bit free (and not only about GTR2).

I hope someday to give back to the world everything I did learn as a employee of videogames when I was involved into this market.
Having being in contact with vendors, software houses, events about home-entertainment as a whole, has been an incredible experience...but also did put me in the condition to stop to play videogames for a while.
Because it had become a sort of 24h-7days a week involvement that was causing more damages than benefits.
So for a while I had to pull the plug on it (between 2014 up to 2019, and unluckily losing many good changes on this market).

Sorry to sound dramatic, it hasn't been at the end for me, but for sure was safer to rethink about my life and, as you can see at the end, good things and good deeds always come back Wink

Plus around 2003 I had the opportunity to race in Italy into an amateur category (despite having anyway an official italian title/trophy) that generally is associated for similarity with Formula Ford in UK: its name was Trofeo Cadetti, organised using F.Junior cars by italian sanctioning body named CSAI.

Quite expensive (for 2 races, tests prior to those, equipment, licenses and so on) I spent all the money that I had saved (around 25k across 6 months) but believe me: I've received something special that is unvaluable.
Knowledge, experiences, emotions.
Something still worth after almost 20 years.
That not for a casuality comes back also with racing-games.
Not only as a safer attitude/behaviour on everyday's road.

So the takeaway from this, to me, has been: follow your inner voice because what you get across the journey will always stick with you.
And it will be a better "you" , after experiencing it.

Best wishes & cheers to Everybody, enjoy your life!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marco Lazzari [iKR]
ikeysracing
ikeysracing

Maxellero likes this post

Back to top Go down