European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt

3 posters

Go down

GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt Empty GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt

Post  Samsonov 20/10/2020, 12:58

I have been modifying the weather.txt files successfully but now GTR2 seems to stop interacting with it. I am not sure what is going on with it.

So this is my understanding of how it works. In the main GTR2 folder there is a folder named UserData, which contains a folder named Log. In there is the weather.txt file. GTR2 generates a new weather.txt for each race, wiping any changes you make. It will create a new weather.txt files if you delete it. However, if you put it to read only then GTR2 will use the information in the existing weather.txt files, meaning you can set minute by minute the weather (or use a program like AutoSimWeather to generate a new weather.txt). I believe that you need put the race conditions to be Changable and do not turn on Time Scaled Weather for this to work.

As thing stand, GTR2 seems to be ignoring it. Any weather.txt I put in the Log folder makes no difference to the weather in the race. Additionally, I can turn off 'read only' on the weather.txt file and it does not generate a new one, and even delete the file and GRT2 does not generate a new one. I have tried doing races with Changeable weather and without, and with Time Scaled Weather and without, and the result is no different.

Any idea what is going on? I cannot think why this is relevant but this seemed to occur after doing a 24 hour race for the first time, so I am wondering if that did something.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Fellowes

Samsonov

Back to top Go down

GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt Empty Re: GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt

Post  Jempy 20/10/2020, 14:06

Are you sure that the sessions lengths are perfectly the same in the weather file compared to the ones really in use for this particular track ? ... including practice(s) and qualification(s).
If it's not the case .... it will not work for the race.

Same if you shorten a session without using the time acceleration button in game.

EDIT: have a look in the .gdb file of the track you're using as the problem is mainly this line for some tracks:
QualifyDuration = xxx

You have to respect this duration in your weather file or modify this line in the gdb file of the track as both durations need to be the same.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jean-Pierre Blanchy
Jempy
Jempy

Back to top Go down

GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt Empty Re: GTR2 not reading or generating weather.txt

Post  drr6 21/10/2020, 08:25

Try to edit your weather.txt file and later save it with 'Read-Only' attribute. It always works for me.

Daniel Sanz
drr6
drr6

Back to top Go down

Post  Samsonov 23/10/2020, 19:43

Thanks for the advise, it has helped me understand the file structure of GTR2.

However, I could not get the proposed solution to work. I tried to align Qualify1Duration, Practice1Duration, Qualify2Duration, Practice2Duration and also RaceTime with the length of time in the weather.txt files but to no avail. A clean install of GTR2 seems to have solved the problem. I'll let people know if it occurs again and I find a solution.

Sam Fellowes

Samsonov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down