European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

+43
Sylphide
Shinra
pawelek
Vanaja
Bad News
simspeed_racing
drr6
skeno
suti
antoniog7772
JERACERX
repaban
matteo1974
Pye_Man
baika
jsmee
gtracer123
LeMansDriver22
ChaosZero
PhoenixWylde
Maxellero
bigbad
Tano
jr82
dbstreet
GTP_furinkazen
pimmy
giaserg
Crimson764
brianspeake
ernie2492
Nebehr
Cheeveer
Jarodparker
bernie91
PeteB
rildoh
alexmezza
miuqana
Phillip Kruger
eurostc
intelpower
Markano97
47 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  skeno 3/6/2019, 20:48

Markano97 wrote:These look more like Group A 2 litre cars. If the model is converted only the CIVT 1992 entries will be done.
they actually look like first generation super production cars which were used in DTC from 1996 on.
skeno
skeno

Back to top Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 38 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  Dexter249 5/6/2019, 16:54

I'm looking to create an offline championship using the models from the STW mod, I'm currently looking for the templates of each car but I have no joy.

Any Help?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Daniel Bouchard
GTR2 Driver since I was 3
Former Keyboard Warrior.
Dexter249
Dexter249

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 7/6/2019, 17:35

Templates are here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 12/6/2019, 17:08

After some research i came across this entry list. We have some more info on the missing entries that never raced. I have photos of the Peugeot and the DC Accord, unfortunately nothing regarding Tommy Constantine and the Honda of Jesse Camargo. If anyone knows anything about these 2 please let me know. If i find photos of all 4 i'll add them in an EXTRA section.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 12/6/2019, 17:09

you can add no 9  too , the Albert  Mirko Accord  without doing anything    at all   just rename it from 96 to 97 Very Happy

on the official site both Albert  Mirko and another driver were listed

strangely  the Toyota  of Rob Millen was NOT on the officla entry list so that could have been a late one-ff deal

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 12/6/2019, 17:17

in terms of performance  of car and driver    the DC Accord  is podium material, the driver was former GTU champion and the car itself probably same spec as the works cars of Cunnigham and Crumton

the Peugeot 405 was  probably at best 95 spec and   the driver seems your average backmarker so should fit with the Mazdas and the slow no 12 BMW

Last edited by intelpower on 12/6/2019, 22:23; edited 2 times in total

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 12/6/2019, 17:19

Indeed. I may add the Mirko Accord aswell. As i said since these are entries that never started they'll be in a separate section for those who want to race the original grid alone. I'll add them in though once i find these 2 missing cars(Constantine and Camargo).
As for the Pontiac, i have the skin on the Xedos 6 so i'll add it too. If anyone doesn't want it they can freely remove it.
I will resume on the NATCC a bit later down the line as i have plenty of reworks left such as the Procar and the SEATCZC amongst others.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 12/6/2019, 17:30

the no 23 Honda Accord was not on any lists on the site   ....  

it goes from 22 straight to 27    
image upload

now this is just specultion but pieces seem to fit   Mad

my theory is the this no 23  tried to obtain the 96 TC Kline    yellow Accord but failed to do so an that entry did materialize    under no 64  Roberto Quintanilla ,  as no 64 wasn't on any entry lists either,  so a late season deal !!
upload image

the drive rprofile of lance Stewart the driver of the DC Accord, 1990 GTU champion and runner up a few times in SCCA national chamionship

entered 77 races , won 7 and 27 podiums, this seems quite a competent driver

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 12/6/2019, 17:42

Well purely speculating the Tommy Constantine BMW could be an ex-Delong Motorsports bmw. As for the Honda yes it may have been the yellow one as you said. But i haven't found any solid info yet.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 12/6/2019, 17:55

I think you can writte off Constantine for good  

I just noticed     here something  !! Exclamation   Exclamation

no 12 TC Kline BMW  was not at Long Beach

and this no 12 was sort of a  "town whore"  (4 drivers during season)      just like the no 6  Mazda  (5 drivers during season)

so it's extrmely likely  that it may have been a rented car  and for soem reason didn't even practice

BTW if you make them as extra      same should be done to those DTM 93 Opel which were entry list only too

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 12/6/2019, 18:29

regarding the Sunfire there was another  one intended for NATCC ....   Shocked

free photo upload

and here   entry announcements released in 1995 for the 1996 NATCC season, it's mind blowing what a season could have been

- 4  Fords  

Danny Sullivan announced his plans to be a part of an entry, with an as yet undisclosed partner, of two Ford Contours, cars number 4 and 5. "I've raced all over the world - been involved with many manufacturers and racing efforts, but I've never seen a racing formula that makes more sense than Super Touring. This is a formula which has sky rocketed to the front of the automotive scene all over the world... It's just a super product. The drivers will be accessible to the fans. The cars are recognizable...And the racing - well it's as competitive as anything you'll see anywhere... I can think of a couple of guys I'd like to see in the car. We currently have some interesting on going discussions with one driver. All around the world, Touring Car Racing is attracting drivers of the highest caliber. Look at the number of top notch drivers with Formula One experience currently racing Touring Cars. This form of racing has provided an outstanding opportunity for talented drivers in a viable, high profile environment. And who knows? If it feels right, I may just climb into number 5 myself from time to time." (Danny drove #5 in the Spin and Win Indianapolis 500 in 1985)

GPS Racing Team from Monticello New York have entered car number 65,r. a Ford Contou Team leader Gary Sommers will drive the ca r.

BTCC Privateer's championship winning team in 1993 and 1995 have entered a Ford to carry car number 77. Team Dynamics manager, Roy Baker - " we feel this is a major decision for the team in its progress towards gaining recognition.. (We are) a team that has already proven success in the BTCC,..(which is currently) the most competitive Championship for Touring Cars in the world.

-  another Toyota

Rod Millen Motorsport have entered cars number 2 and 3, a pair of Toyota Camrys. Millen's new car - still with its Toyota Carina bodywork - arrived from England just in time to make a star appearance at the press conference. "We've been following Touring Car racing from Europe for two years and we knew it was only a matter of time before there would be a North American opportunity. We wanted to be in on the ground floor with Toyota. So here we are with cars two and three. I'm told I can't have number one until 1997" quipped Rod Millen. "Our Super Touring project is simply our latest in a long line of challenges. I'll let you know how we did from the winner's circle in May

- another  4 Honda Accords   Shocked   maybe one of them became no 62 which did race

Jim Kirby, of L.A. Prep in Signal Hill California, has entered two Honda Accords, numbers 8 and 88. "Anyone who has seen Super Touring competition would agree that this format makes for some of the most exciting racing in the world," said Kirby. "I think that when the North American public is exposed to this format of very competitive NASCAR style racing on road courses and street circuits they will embrace it with great enthusiasm. With our Honda Accords, we think we'll have a competitive package and an opportunity to run at the front. That's sure been the case with the Hondas in the BTCC. Over here we're all starting on the same foot, more or less, so we're optimistic

Three time SCCA National Champion Jim Dentici announced his formidable King Motorsports team will enter a pair of Honda Accords in the North American Touring Car Championship. Driver selection is not yet finalized. "This will be quite a challenge - no doubt about it," said Dentici, "but challenges are what King Motorsports has been built on. We're looking forward to it." Dentici's association with Honda dates back to the mid sixties as a motorcycle dealer and grew to include Honda automobile and Acura franchises.

-  1 mazda

John Christie of Vista, California is poised to enter a car from a seventh manufacturer - Mazda. Developed by Team Dynamics in England the car is ready to race in Super Touring. Christie is in discussion with drivers and says, "our current trade sponsors are in full support of this new opportunity." Additional corporate sponsorship is being sought to further fund the team.

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 13:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you said that the #12 BMW didn't race in Long Beach where Tommy Constantine was meant to race. It must be the same car. If i recall correctly you also said he had a Cobra king logo. Since each driver put his own sponsors on that yellow bmw it means that it must've had the same sponsors on Constantine's car aswell albeit with the main sponsor different.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 14:13

This is how the BMW must have looked albeit because it was used in 1996 by Archer Petty it may have ran his livery before TC Kline switched to the yellow livery.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 14/6/2019, 14:55

here it is mentioned

roll generator 1 100

yes  could be  BUT not iron clad    as thee  is a 96  BMW unaccounted for !!

what I mean

96  Hartong Mootrsport > 97 Hartong Motorsport
96 Steve Petty >  97    yellow   TC Kline
96  Delong Motorsport  (no 10)  >    97  Mark Jonak (he actually prepared the car in 96)

97 Randy Probst used a 96 works italian car

now the unnacounted BMW is the    ex ORECA   FIna livery   car which Steve Petty used early season  and later after he brought the australian one    was used by Jim Kenzie with no 20 as the second Delong car so this could also have been the Tommy Constantine car... Embarassed

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 14/6/2019, 15:21

an the troublesome history of this yellow TC Kline , had a lot of DNS !!   which kinda  fits a DNS for Conasntine if it really was  that at Long Beach

-  2 Savanah  -  Brian Battaglia  - DNS
-  3  Detroit   -  Brian Battaglia  - DNS
- 4 Portland  - Tom Finnelly  -  pair of 5th places
- 5 Cleveland  - Tom Finnelly  - DNS
- 6  Torornto - Doug Beathy  - pair of 10th

- 9   Laguna Seca - Paul Charsley  - pair of DNF

BOTTOM LINE        Tommy Constantine was very likely this car    but there is the small  outside possiblity that it could have been the ex Oreca car

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 16:51

Now that you say that. The yellow bmw was also listed for Long beach so i think 2 teams sharing the same car in the same 2 events seems unlikely therefore it must be the ex-Oreca car(better livery if you ask me). Do you have anything on the main sponsor of the Jesse Camargo Honda Accord?

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 14/6/2019, 18:41

Markano97 wrote:Now that you say that. The yellow bmw was also listed for Long beach so

NO!!!

it's a super touring register error !!!    , no 12 was not at Long Beach    
he isn't listed in neither the qualy sessions or the races  in the official page

upload

quite simply super touring registry should replace the long beach race results  from  "DNS 12 Brian Battaglia TC Kline Racing BMW 320i"       with no 11     Tommy Constantine also regarding the car type I don't think this was 320 but a 318  

here another  weird thing in NATCC 97  

no 64    doesn't have a star   so not in the INDEPENDENTS' CHALLENGE  , so techncailly every driver in a Toyota, Dodge or Honda was a works driver....

Jesse Camargo is not listed on the official site at all !! nor any no 23 entry , so it's safe to say a deal fel thru

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 20:27

Well the entry list i posted is from the official 1997 Preview book. Weird that the entry lists differ.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 20:35

Lance Stewart is done. The livery is from the SEMA show that year where it was shown. Currently available photos show the car without any DC sports logos.
I still think that Constantine was meant to use the ex-Oreca car. It would be weird to feature the same car for 2 drivers in the entry list of the site and the preview entry list i have before the races began. All bmws except the Oreca one have documented backgrounds. It must be the Oreca #20 Delong car from 1996.

Last edited by Markano97 on 14/6/2019, 20:40; edited 1 time in total

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 14/6/2019, 20:36

logically

between a PREVIEW  book  and up to date   official  WWW  list during the season  which you trust more?

for  one the webpage is more up to date    so I trust that more !!!

it makes perfect sense  , no 23 intended to buy the yellow TC  Accord,  deal fell thru      and  mid season we have Quantilla show up with that car    while he was not on the entry list either

ok if Constantine was the Oreca car would you leave it with those stripes or perhaps it was stripped to bare white ?

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 14/6/2019, 20:41

Markano97 wrote:Lance Stewart is done. The livery is from the SEMA show that year where it was shown. Currently available photos show the car without any DC sports logos.
I still think that Constantine was meant to use the ex-Oreca car. It would be weird to feature the same car for 2 drivers in the entry list of the site and the preview entry list i have before the races began. All bmws except the Oreca one have documented backgrounds. It must be the Oreca #20 Delong car from 1996.

good decision     , IMO it doesn't look "empty" with those big DC logos on it Very Happy Very Happy

now the Zebra 405      which IMO is the best looking    405 super tourer skin

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 20:43

Well i think the livery must've been the same with the Cobra King logo and the other series sponsors(michelin, texaco, mechanix wear etc.)
The honda is undoubtly the yellow car also used by Quintanilla. Whats with yellow cars in 1997? lol!

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 20:44

intelpower wrote:
Markano97 wrote:Lance Stewart is done. The livery is from the SEMA show that year where it was shown. Currently available photos show the car without any DC sports logos.

good decision     , IMO it doesn't look "empty" with those big DC logos on it   Very Happy    Very Happy

now the Zebra 405      which IMO is the best looking    405 super tourer skin

Yeah that zebra skin will take a while. Now in the photo no banner is shown so i assume it was blue with white Supertouring written on it. Once i have these addons done i'll post them here.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 14/6/2019, 20:52

yeah no banner  in that photo

I would take BLUE with   white letters as it was very popular in 97 season , see this pic

meanwhile you can add no 9 mirko Accord   with no effort whatsoever, just copy + paste the 96 skin  lol!

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 14/6/2019, 21:32

Yeah Mirko will be the same as 1996 with different texaco logos.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next