European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Mini Cooper classic
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4/5/2024, 06:02 by Leen-q

» Can't exit AMS1
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:28 by Leen-q

» From the Netherlands
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:22 by Leen-q

» No wheels in cockpitview when driving singleseaters
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 05:27 by Illy26

» introduce
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update

+39
ProStriker92
coolhandpaul
templarnot4
Alessio_F1
ohdear
Markano97
ercerro
Jevgenij
simton54
mparsons2
mehdi199
simspeed_racing
Roberto Mulsanne
pipino cuevas
harvestmouse
nicki87
Hemisfear68
matteo1974
bintang555
ivansat
ChaosZero
bernie91
Mike107b
Peter2012
Crimson764
antoniog7772
mikeae1
kimiaimar
pimmy
jr82
sit997
repaban
miuqana
Straightsix
the_racer
intelpower
Vanaja
Cheeveer
GTP_furinkazen
43 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 Empty Re: FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update

Post  GTP_furinkazen 10/2/2021, 16:00

Mike107b wrote:This is an incredible mod. I can't even imagine how much work has gone into this. Great job by everyone involved!

Out of interest are there any skinning templates for these cars? I hope I'm not being blind right now.

Still need to sort them and get them released.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Vicious likes this post

Back to top Go down

FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 2 Empty Re: FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update

Post  GTP_furinkazen 19/2/2021, 23:25

Hello everyone, hope you're all enjoying the mod. Update V1.1 for ST is in the hands of our staff team and being checked over.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

eurostc, drr6 and templarnot4 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 20/2/2021, 07:59

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Hello everyone, hope you're all enjoying the mod. Update V1.1 for ST is in the hands of our staff team and being checked over.

Will the update will be just the updated files or download the entire mod. The former would be easier with the updated listed on the website etc so i assume that's how it'll be done?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  bernie91 20/2/2021, 09:47

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Hello everyone, hope you're all enjoying the mod. Update V1.1 for ST is in the hands of our staff team and being checked over.

Well, thanks to you guys, i've started to collect supertouring models in 1/43 scale, goddamnit I love you

Marco Folli, from Italy
bernie91
bernie91

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 20/2/2021, 14:40

bernie91 wrote:

Well, thanks to you guys, i've started to collect supertouring models in 1/43 scale, goddamnit I love you

THat's what I spent my university money on, then had to sell half of them to avoid going bankrupt ahhaha, what models you got?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  bernie91 20/2/2021, 16:30

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
bernie91 wrote:

THat's what I spent my university money on, then had to sell half of them to avoid going bankrupt ahhaha, what models you got?

For now, the Mansell's Mondeo from 1993 Shootout, the Abt's Audi A4 STW '99 and the Burt's Toyota Chaser JTCC '98.
I've ordered the Will Hoy M3, the Burgstaller Vectra and the Menu's Mondeo Very Happy

By the way, if some of you has suggestions, feel free to contact me

Marco Folli, from Italy
bernie91
bernie91

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero 22/2/2021, 10:42

Unlike the clown -not ScamDream, it's another person- that has stolen this mod and is selling it for AC (alongside VLM's GTPC), can I ask for permissions to convert it to rF1?

ぜんにほんジーティーせんしゅけん
ChaosZero
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 5/3/2021, 01:43

Apologies for lack of updates, not been feeling 100% for the last week. We've found the root we believe of the fuel use people were experiencing with some cars pitting, and working on releasing the next update along with the track pack together. Will absolutely be this month.

Stay tuned! Furi

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Vicious, Tano, guiporsche, Straightsix, Vanaja and narc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero 6/3/2021, 18:46

The Spa 24h 1995 Audi 80 cars do not show up because they're missing the '804WD_24H.hdc' (and I assume the related engine file).

ぜんにほんジーティーせんしゅけん
ChaosZero
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/3/2021, 15:20

Hello guys,

Thanks to everyone involved in this effort, it's great to see content coming out in 2021, and I can't wait for a trackpack Smile

I realize it is a broad range of cars and Championships, but I wonder if anyone knows those two technical details:

* what gearboxes those cars had, were they all H-shifted manual, or sequential, or some one way others another?
* was ABS permittded in Championships replicated?

I like simulating events as close as possible, and that involves using matching settings. Cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 17/3/2021, 16:41

Thank you for your kind words!

From my experience here's what i can tell you about these cars.

*H-pattern boxes were used in the early years roughly until 1993. There were cases where H-patterns were used after that but that was mostly for privateer entries who drove older spec ST cars. Most if not all works teams had sequential gearboxes by 1994 onwards.

*Most cars ran without ABS but there were some exceptions like the 1992 Prodrive BMWs but those were rare.

I hope this helps!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/3/2021, 16:53

Markano97 wrote:*Most cars ran without ABS but there were some exceptions like the 1992 Prodrive BMWs but those were rare.

Thank you Markano, it helps indeed, there are so many series and so many regulations - been trying to setup Mini Cooper Cup, but it turned out those used manual box even in past 2010!  And, manual is something GTR2 does not do very well currently, but it is my plan to try changing that later this year Smile

No ABS is great news - I just implemented a flat spot feature in my plugin (will be made public soon), which will require higher attention level while braking, even more so in cars with no ABS, looks like it is gonna be fun with your cars guys, and floor mounted sequential is my favorite shifting method!  

There's a bit of conflicting info though.  From all I know DTM got sequential only in 2000 onwards.  That's why I asked you guys who worked on those cars.

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 17/3/2021, 21:14

[quote="The Iron Wolf"]
Markano97 wrote:
There's a bit of conflicting info though.  From all I know DTM got sequential only in 2000 onwards.  That's why I asked you guys who worked on those cars.

the old DTM had sequecial as far back as the the early 90s

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/3/2021, 21:19

intelpower wrote:the old DTM had sequecial as far back as the the early 90s

Not saying you are wrong, but do you have any source to back that up?  What I found is: "Touring cars have also used sequential manual gearboxes; starting with the European DTM series in 2000, which used it for 12 seasons, until a switch to a paddle-shift system in 2012. The Australian V8 Supercars series started using sequential manual gearboxes in 2008, after switching from an H-pattern manual gearbox. "
From:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequential_manual_transmission

I do know from multiple sources, that sequential first appeared in F1 1989, and it took 6 years for all cars to move to that.  So, based on that F1 is top of the top, makes me doubt DTM 92 or 94 had sequential, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeveer 17/3/2021, 22:48

DTM definitely had sequential gearbox. I think the first was the Alfa in 1993. By 1995 all had them.

Jacob Fredriksson says hi
Cheeveer
Cheeveer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/3/2021, 23:31

Cheeveer wrote:DTM definitely had sequential gearbox. I think the first was the Alfa in 1993. By 1995 all had them.
Any idea when Mercedes and BMW first got them in DTM, and may I ask how do you know?   I just want to enjoy DTM 94 (and of course this mod we're on) in sequential without cheater guilt Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeveer 18/3/2021, 08:47

The Iron Wolf wrote:
Cheeveer wrote:DTM definitely had sequential gearbox. I think the first was the Alfa in 1993. By 1995 all had them.
Any idea when Mercedes and BMW first got them in DTM, and may I ask how do you know?   I just want to enjoy DTM 94 (and of course this mod we're on) in sequential without cheater guilt Smile

I've read so much in the last 25 years of my life, seen so many of these races, so I'm bound to remember some things right. All the works cars had sequentials, Mercedes in 1993, '94 at the latest. Alfa in '93. BMW I don't think ever used that, since they had pulled out in works capacity after 1992.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheeveer
Cheeveer

mikeae1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 18/3/2021, 13:24

The Iron Wolf wrote:Hello guys,

Thanks to everyone involved in this effort, it's great to see content coming out in 2021, and I can't wait for a trackpack Smile  

I realize it is a broad range of cars and Championships, but I wonder if anyone knows those two technical details:

* what gearboxes those cars had, were they all H-shifted manual, or sequential, or some one way others another?
* was ABS permittded in Championships replicated?

I like simulating events as close as possible, and that involves using matching settings.  Cheers!

Hey mate, this might provide you with some pointers.

Cars also did not have speed limiters and ABS as far as I know.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 18/3/2021, 15:32

You guys made my morning, really appreciate those details. thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 21/3/2021, 15:32

Introducing the final new car in the 1.1 update (which I have just received today!) - the VW Golf Mk 2 from the SSTR series!

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

antoniog7772, Vicious, LeMansDriver22, Bad News, drr6, Straightsix, Vanaja and like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeveer 21/3/2021, 16:53

Awesome! "Final" implies plurality, are the more new cars that I've missed that you've announced` Shocked

Cheeveer
Cheeveer

Back to top Go down

Post  ivansat 23/3/2021, 20:05

wowwww, this is awesome! I'm gonna download it, thankyou very much!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

ivansat

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 24/3/2021, 12:49

Cheeveer wrote:Awesome! "Final" implies plurality, are the more new cars that I've missed that you've announced` Shocked

VW Golf Mk IV Kit Car and something Opel....

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Vicious, Cheeveer and Straightsix like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 28/3/2021, 22:24

Since the mod presently doesn't have it, I decided to recreate the livery Nissan used for the first half of the 1997 BTCC season (old Vodafone logo, like the one that appears in the first Toca game), using the currently-available 1997 skin. Without a template I'm a bit limited, but I think this looks fine. Hardest part was the two front quarter panels - had to rely on quite a bit of Content Aware Fill to retain the splashes of paint whilst erasing the Vodafone logos. Really the only difference is the aforementioned logo, as midway through the year they updated the typeface and logo to the one that they retain to this day.
Slight inaccuracy with regards to the yellow splashes - on the real car they went all the way up to the A-Pillar, but that's down to the original painter rather than something I did. I also deleted the Nissan Motorsport URL towards the back of the roof, as the car didn't have it at the beginning of the season. What made matters slightly difficult is that the version of the Vodafone logo that appears on the '97 Primera doesn't have a line striking through the middle of it, yet every single depiction of the pre-1997 logo does. I had to make a custom '85 - '97 Vodafone logo without a strikethrough, which I can provide if anyone needs it.

I also decided to replace the headlight textures with cleaner, sharper, higher resolution ones sourced by my good friend RacingFreak. The tail lights are a bit too finicky, particularly in regards to their mapping, so I've left them for now.

On the whole, looking through the otherwise terrific mod top to bottom, there are quite a few skins that look (and probably are) 15 years old or older and are very unkempt by today's standards. I'd love to help with skin making if it's a role you require. If and when my account is approved, I ought to start up a skin thread.

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero 28/3/2021, 22:30

As far as we were told, templates are being released with update v1.1 which is due soon™.

ぜんにほんジーティーせんしゅけん
ChaosZero
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next