European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update

+39
ProStriker92
coolhandpaul
templarnot4
Alessio_F1
ohdear
Markano97
ercerro
Jevgenij
simton54
mparsons2
mehdi199
simspeed_racing
Roberto Mulsanne
pipino cuevas
harvestmouse
nicki87
Hemisfear68
matteo1974
bintang555
ivansat
ChaosZero
bernie91
Mike107b
Peter2012
Crimson764
antoniog7772
mikeae1
kimiaimar
pimmy
jr82
sit997
repaban
miuqana
Straightsix
the_racer
intelpower
Vanaja
Cheeveer
GTP_furinkazen
43 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 6 Empty Re: FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update

Post  harvestmouse 21/9/2022, 23:41

Ohdear, Ohdear!

This mod has had several updates. My guess is that they're car files from an older version of the mod.

I had a look at a '5 digit' genstring car file and a '4 digit' genstring and there are other differences in the .car file.

Try copying all the .car info down to before the number from a 5 digit one and putting it in a 4 digit one. I have a feeling this will also fix your cockpit problem.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 6 Empty Re: FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update

Post  Alessio_F1 8/10/2022, 06:45

Thanks for the continued work on this. I've found some SEATCZC photos from 1991-1995, so I'm hoping to expand the grid with a few DTM spec M3/190E IIs, as well as Bira (already in-game but not working well) and Subic.

I also tried to set this mod up with the GTR2 16th Anniversary patch, however the cars are refusing to load in the showroom and I get these errors (after disabling all of the GT cars and the non-Crew Chief updates like marbles/gravel pick up/graphics fix for flickering). Can anyone shed some light or is this something I've set up wrong?

O_BaseGz.cpp 8759: CUBE error loading scene file USERDATA\tmpvehicle.scn: Error opening MAS file SHARED_STC.GTR
O_BaseGz.cpp 8759: CUBE error loading scene file USERDATA\tmpvehicle.scn: Error opening MAS file SHARED_STC.GTR
specialfx.cp 3586: Entered SpecialFX::Setup()
steward.cpp  4720: Entered Steward::Setup()
dynman.cpp    609: Entered DynMan::Setup()
sound.cpp     723: Entered Sound::Setup()
onscreen.cpp 3161: Entered OnScreen::Setup()
vidman.cpp   1152: Entered VidMan::Setup()
plrfile.cpp  3796: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
plrfile.cpp  2939: Attempting to save to USERDATA\PLAYER\PLAYER.TMP
plrfile.cpp  2962: Retcode: 0 for renaming to USERDATA\PLAYER\PLAYER.PLR
game.cpp      801: Entered Game::Init()
vidman.cpp   1205: Entered VidMan::Init()

I also had another issue when I had all updates installed but don't have the trace for it. I think the error was related to loading the STE_Showroom mas file and then failed to find SLOT000. I have a feeling it may be to do with my graphics settings.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 8/10/2022, 12:16

It can't find the Shared_STC file that contains all the shared textures and was included in the mod

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 8/10/2022, 16:30

Alessio_F1 wrote:Thanks for the continued work on this. I've found some SEATCZC photos from 1991-1995, so I'm hoping to expand the grid with a few DTM spec M3/190E IIs, as well as Bira (already in-game but not working well) and Subic.

I also tried to set this mod up with the GTR2 16th Anniversary patch, however the cars are refusing to load in the showroom and I get these errors (after disabling all of the GT cars and the non-Crew Chief updates like marbles/gravel pick up/graphics fix for flickering). Can anyone shed some light or is this something I've set up wrong?

specialfx.cp 3586: Entered SpecialFX::Setup()
steward.cpp  4720: Entered Steward::Setup()
dynman.cpp    609: Entered DynMan::Setup()
sound.cpp     723: Entered Sound::Setup()
onscreen.cpp 3161: Entered OnScreen::Setup()
vidman.cpp   1152: Entered VidMan::Setup()
plrfile.cpp  3796: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
plrfile.cpp  2939: Attempting to save to USERDATA\PLAYER\PLAYER.TMP
plrfile.cpp  2962: Retcode: 0 for renaming to USERDATA\PLAYER\PLAYER.PLR
game.cpp      801: Entered Game::Init()
vidman.cpp   1205: Entered VidMan::Init()

I also had another issue when I had all updates installed but don't have the trace for it. I think the error was related to loading the STE_Showroom mas file and then failed to find SLOT000. I have a feeling it may be to do with my graphics settings.

Glad to know Bira is in development....i've been dying for this track. I also have plans for the SEATCZC DTM cars. I've already made a couple of liveries from 1995. Very Happy

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessio_F1 8/10/2022, 22:42

I've got a complete grid of the 1995 DTM cars at the moment, I can send them over to you in case there's anything missing from your list. Feel free to move anything over to yours or discard otherwise, they are mostly in an 85% complete stage at this point. I have the AIM Mercedes from 1994 too, and  the Class 1 Alfa Romeo of ItalSiam, obviously not in FRM TC (yet?).

I fixed the CTD issue by copying across all the files from within the Teams folder from a previous SuperTouring GTR2 install - I'm not sure if some files were deleted by the HQ patch or whether some files like STE Showroom.mas are missing from the car pack?

The Mercedes 190E EvoII seems very fragile btw. I've had to turn mechanical failures off if I use them as any contact leads to a blown engine at the moment - this is with the Evo2_92 HDC file, instead of the NTCC version.

Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

The Iron Wolf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 8/10/2022, 23:33

There was a DTM in 1995? I thought there was ITC instead? If so Powerstrker already released it right? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Isn't it complete?

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  templarnot4 8/10/2022, 23:37

harvestmouse wrote:There was a DTM in 1995?  I thought there was ITC instead?  If so Powerstrker already released it right?  https://gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/t5483-dtm-itc-1995-skinpack

Isn't it complete?

1995 was both all the German races counted for DTM and the international ones were ITC

Aaron Sharp

templarnot4

harvestmouse likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessio_F1 9/10/2022, 13:52

harvestmouse wrote:There was a DTM in 1995?  I thought there was ITC instead?  If so Powerstrker already released it right?  https://gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/t5483-dtm-itc-1995-skinpack

Isn't it complete?

Separate championship. We're talking about Group A DTM cars which were sent over to East Asia, initially used in Macau, and then sold to Thailand/Hong Kong for the 1993-1995 South East Asian Touring Car Zone Challenge. There were around 7 (plus a few regular Group A cars like R32 and Sierra Cosworth RS500) used in 1993, 12 in 1994 and 9ish in 1995, mixture of 190 EvoII and M3 Sport Evo.

Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 10/10/2022, 18:00

Alessio_F1 wrote:I've got a complete grid of the 1995 DTM cars at the moment, I can send them over to you in case there's anything missing from your list. Feel free to move anything over to yours or discard otherwise, they are mostly in an 85% complete stage at this point. I have the AIM Mercedes from 1994 too, and  the Class 1 Alfa Romeo of ItalSiam, obviously not in FRM TC (yet?).

I fixed the CTD issue by copying across all the files from within the Teams folder from a previous SuperTouring GTR2 install - I'm not sure if some files were deleted by the HQ patch or whether some files like STE Showroom.mas are missing from the car pack?

The Mercedes 190E EvoII seems very fragile btw. I've had to turn mechanical failures off if I use them as any contact leads to a blown engine at the moment - this is with the Evo2_92 HDC file, instead of the NTCC version.

Feel free to send them over Very Happy

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  coolhandpaul 12/10/2022, 11:27

--------------
I've found that this tends to happen when there isn't a damage file attached to the car. Maybe that's the problem with it?

Paul Clarkson - [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
coolhandpaul
coolhandpaul

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 12/10/2022, 15:46

I had a quick look and this appears to be the case. From what I can see all the Evo2 .hdc files (not just the 92) link to a evo2.dmg file. However, the one in the folder is an evo2_vln.dmg file.

If you copy the vln file and remove _vln from the copy............it might fix it.

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ProStriker92 13/10/2022, 01:18

Here a race from (i believe) SEATCZ featuring both MB's and BMW's in DTM Specs.

And a BMW of EKS Motorsports, who ran at SEATCZ in 1994:

PabloAguirre [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ProStriker92
ProStriker92

Alessio_F1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessio_F1 13/10/2022, 21:02

Thanks Pablo. Unfortunately, I think that might be the only full race replay available for the SEATCZC. I know some people definitely have some recordings as I have seen screen grabs from Channel 5 Thailand footage, however these are the only other videos I am aware exist:

Zhuhai 1995 Highlights: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
1998 Season Review: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
1994 Onboard at Sentul (I think the camera car is Yang Li Chin, following Rui Clemente and Indra Saksono): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Various Three Crowns Racing clips: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hong Kong Driver Interviews: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thai Driver Interviews: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Incidentally, Henry Lee Jr and Nattavude Charoensukhawatana have the wrong car files for 1995. Henry Lee Jr did join NISMO with their Sunny for Macau, however, he had driven an M3 for Philippe Charriol/Ghiaspeed throughout the 1995 SEATCZC campaign. He owned the M3 himself, and unfortunately, the car was totaled in an accident with Yenmanoj Kirakiat in the Zhuhai video above. Nattavude drove a Mercedes for Singha/AIM Motorsport (see below).

I have pretty much finished the 1995 cars, with the exception of Kevin Wong's BMW (nearly no photos available - it was yellow with a black hood stripe) and a fair few of 1994 are now done too - I'll send these over to you soon Markano. I think the Mercedes 190Evo II and BMW Sport Evolution are quite a bit slower than their real-life counter part, maybe around 8 seconds on the old Hockenheim from a quick test, which is making integrating the Alfa 155 V6 Ti quite difficult. The talent files and AIW files for the relevant Asian tracks are also getting a bit of an upgrade.

Screenshots:

Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

Hemisfear68, harvestmouse, marki77, Markano97 and ProStriker92 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 14/10/2022, 16:34

if you want DTM spec cars in the mod a better option would the 1993 PROCAR ones  , some truly  awesome liveries too   Shocked

and there are a few moreliveries if you google

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessio_F1 14/10/2022, 20:21

Maybe in the future, but I'm sure someone will pick them up in any case. German series I'm not that interested in as there are 100 options for German touring cars of some kind, whereas I'm half-Thai, so there's a personal motivation to learn about the history of the various drivers I grew up supporting and watching in Asian Touring Cars like Nattavude, Arto, Kirakiat, and Kwan, and reproducing their seasons for personal use at the least.

Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessio_F1 27/10/2022, 20:21

intelpower wrote:if you want DTM spec cars in the mod a better option would the 1993 PROCAR ones  , some truly  awesome liveries too   Shocked

and there are a few moreliveries  if you google

I've just realised you meant Belgian Procar instead of ADAC Procar, in which case you're in luck:

A few of the more colorful M3 and 190E '93 Procars were made by Rex007 above. They're for the DTM Classics mod, however it's the same model as in FRM so you can easily convert across.

Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

Back to top Go down

FRM TOURING CARS by FRM TEAM - RELEASE: SUPER TOURING V1.1 Update - Page 6 Empty No engine sound on the BMW

Post  Ypsilon 31/12/2022, 14:48

Hi

I have a problem with the engine sound of the BMW 318i and 320i, I can only hear the turbo, like a whistling more and more louder, this makes the car undrivable cause I can't hear the engine speed. Can onybody help with that?

Thanks

Ypsilon

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 6/1/2023, 14:21

For some time now i have suspected the game isn't reading the talent files. the reason being, while doing a '94 season the grids are like a noah's ark, with Radisich & Rouse doing the same pace/laptime, ditto Cleland/Allam. I then tried a '98 quali session at thruxton & noticed some drivers are always flying off the road at the chicane every lap, i tried putting the talent files in different folder paths & i get the exact same issue. I then tried deleting them from the folder (leaving the talent folder with nothing in it) & it's doing the exact same thing. I have used a fresh install & have installed each of the files with the mod etc & am unsure on what to try next.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebehr 11/1/2023, 08:20

I have put together a small script checking HDVehicle, Graphics and Sounds properties in CAR files, and this is what it has found.

Ford Focus Mk2/Test FRM Focus/09000_Ford_Focus_2005.car: HDVehicle=ford_focus_2005_hs.hdc not found
Ford Mondeo Mk1/MOC 1998/98002RU_mondeo_mk1.car: Non-unique Graphics
Honda Civic EP3/TEST Civic/02000_CIVIC_BTC.car: HDVehicle=civic_btc.hdc not found
Honda Civic EP3/TEST Civic/02001_CIVIC_BTC.car: HDVehicle=civic_btc.hdc not found
Opel Astra GSi/CET 1994/94107E_OPEL_ASTRA.car: Graphics=opel_astra_rhd.cas not found
Opel Astra GSi/FFSA 1995/95011F_OPEL_ASTRA.car: Graphics=opel_astra_rhd.cas not found
Opel Astra GSi/SPA 24H 1997/97003SP_OPEL_ASTRA.car: HDVehicle=astra_muhlner.hdc not found
Opel Omega/TEST TEAM/90001_OPEL_OMEGA.car: HDVehicle=omega89_tcl.hdc not found
Opel Omega/TEST TEAM/90002_OPEL_OMEGA.car: HDVehicle=omega89_tcl.hdc not found
Peugeot 406/BTCC 1998 Esso Ultron Team Peugeot/98009GB_PEUGEOT_406.car: Non-unique Graphics
Peugeot 406/TEST Peugeot/99000_PEUGEOT_406.car: HDVehicle=peugeot_406_facelift.hdc not found

Missing CAS file will cause the car to fail to load. Missing HDC probably too. Non-unique HDC, CAS or AUD will probably be ignored and the last value will be used, but it is still likely not what was intended.

In the case of opel_astra_rhd, I believe the RHD Astra is called simply OPEL_ASTRA.cas.

Nebehr

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessio_F1 14/1/2023, 14:45

jr82 wrote:For some time now i have suspected the game isn't reading the talent files. the reason being, while doing a '94 season the grids are like a noah's ark, with Radisich & Rouse doing the same pace/laptime, ditto Cleland/Allam. I then tried a '98 quali session at thruxton & noticed some drivers are always flying off the road at the chicane every lap, i tried putting the talent files in different folder paths & i get the exact same issue. I then tried deleting them from the folder (leaving the talent folder with nothing in it) & it's doing the exact same thing. I have used a fresh install & have installed each of the files with the mod etc & am unsure on what to try next.

I haven't tried too many different seasons, but they're definitely taking effect with the CIVT and SEATCZC grids. I would say the talent files are done quite leniently (which does help the field stay bunched), which means sometimes results don't match up with real-life - the HDC definitely plays a big part in AI performance at the moment. Try changing the CornerAdd/Multi in the talent files of a slower driver to something like 0.9 and you should see a drastic change in speed (maybe a few seconds).

What settings and what version of Thruxton are you using btw? With the cars leaving the track, I found this happens more if difficulty is set above 105% - beyond that and GTR2 overdoes the AI - so it is best to go into the AIW file and adjust the WorstAdjust, MidAdjust, BestAdjust, Qual/RaceRatio to adjust the overall speed to your taste and AI range to encourage the AI to slot into the performance range better.

Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 24/1/2023, 14:15

Alessio_F1 wrote:
jr82 wrote:For some time now i have suspected the game isn't reading the talent files. the reason being, while doing a '94 season the grids are like a noah's ark, with Radisich & Rouse doing the same pace/laptime, ditto Cleland/Allam. I then tried a '98 quali session at thruxton & noticed some drivers are always flying off the road at the chicane every lap, i tried putting the talent files in different folder paths & i get the exact same issue. I then tried deleting them from the folder (leaving the talent folder with nothing in it) & it's doing the exact same thing. I have used a fresh install & have installed each of the files with the mod etc & am unsure on what to try next.

I haven't tried too many different seasons, but they're definitely taking effect with the CIVT and SEATCZC grids. I would say the talent files are done quite leniently (which does help the field stay bunched), which means sometimes results don't match up with real-life - the HDC definitely plays a big part in AI performance at the moment. Try changing the CornerAdd/Multi in the talent files of a slower driver to something like 0.9 and you should see a drastic change in speed (maybe a few seconds).

What settings and what version of Thruxton are you using btw? With the cars leaving the track, I found this happens more if difficulty is set above 105% - beyond that and GTR2 overdoes the AI - so it is best to go into the AIW file and adjust the WorstAdjust, MidAdjust, BestAdjust, Qual/RaceRatio to adjust the overall speed to your taste and AI range to encourage the AI to slot into the performance range better.
I'm using the track i downloaded with the mod, the install i am using is specifically for this mod & i have deleted the original tracks & cars etc.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 25/1/2023, 11:34

As above i am at a complete loss as to the driver performance issue. For example in '94 season on a good day Radisich is 10th & Rouse is right there with him as well...

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebehr 26/1/2023, 07:49

Check that there are no other talent (*.rcd) files anywhere in the game folder. If the game find a matching talent file, it does not look any further, so there should be exactly one per driver. Check that driver names in talent files exactly correspond those in car files (*.car). File names don't matter, only their content.

Nebehr

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 26/1/2023, 13:36

Nebehr wrote:Check that there are no other talent (*.rcd) files anywhere in the game folder. If the game find a matching talent file, it does not look any further, so there should be exactly one per driver. Check that driver names in talent files exactly correspond those in car files (*.car). File names don't matter, only their content.
It all seems to match up, the "filter" in Championship files (these didn't come with the mod so i made them myself) all have the correct filter for the "classes" etc as well so i have no idea what's going on. Has anyone else had this issue?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Alessio_F1 27/1/2023, 01:54

That's purely the way the talent files have been written. It may not be accurate, but you have to appreciate that there are nearly 1200 talent files on top of the cars themselves, paint schemes and tracks, so it was always going to be hard for FRM to get it spot on. Particularly when you can only use 1 talent file per driver, whilst trying to reproduce approx 10 seasons of racing.

If you head into the talent files themselves (this will require a text/hex editor like Notepad) and have a look around, you'll see that Giampiero Simoni is actually rated higher than Tarquini, whilst Radisich and Rouse are nearly identical in pace and at the fastest race and quali ability. If you have the time, it's easy to adjust these to get the results you want and all of the info you need is mostly within the talent file themselves. The rest can be found around the internet (also check for rFactor, F1 Challenge, Race07 etc, as the files function nearly identically across them all. rF is slightly different, AMS is relevant too and has helped with some AIW info but the AI code had various updates) but this is the most important:

I have created new talent files for the South East Asian championship as the results just weren't accurate. It took a lot of trial, error and time to get it right, however, and as a testament to the quality of the mods' physics, I'm now getting consistently accurate results across 8 seasons, despite transitioning between 2 different classes Gr.A and Class 2) and drivers changing cars, without adjusting any of the base FRM physics. Fortunately, for me, Macau is the only other affected series, but bare in mind that adjusting the talent files for BTCC drivers will undoubtedly affect the STW, CIVT, STCC, Macau, and possibly a few others.

About Thruxton - on Thruxton 90s I at 100% difficulty and Real aggression, I sometimes see cars randomly leave the track but only in the initial laps or where they are battling. Looking at the AIW (you can use this app to do so and adjust too, read the Curves.pdf to help you along: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it's probably because the track widths are too wide in some sections and the AI are using more of track than exists.

At the first chicane, the track limits are defined following the escape road and outer grass which means they'll occasionally run on at that corner. At the final chicane, the wall on the inside of the corner exit is defined as the track limits, which means the AI will ignore the tarmac and head over the grass if they're overtaking on that side of the track. I don't mind this tbh (in a way, it encourages driver error) and at 100% difficulty it's not too noticeable, but you can adjust the track widths if you want to reduce this. I wouldn't adjust too much, the AI is actually really enjoyable around Thruxton.

Alessio Campigotto
Alessio_F1
Alessio_F1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next