European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Heyup from North Yorkshire. I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Heyup from North Yorkshire.

+2
harvestmouse
idontgetoutmuch
6 posters

Go down

Heyup from North Yorkshire. Empty Heyup from North Yorkshire.

Post  idontgetoutmuch 11/6/2022, 13:01

Hi all,

William Nevini, grumpy old dyslexic divorced git (60)from North Yorkshire.
Who is a  typical product formed from a poor 1970's second rate, secondary school education.
Which is my excuse for poor grammer and spelling.

I have worked with computers since the early 90's, also a big hobby of mine.

Started out playing Pitstop in my local pub, graduated to Geoff Grammonds Microprose GP1 on the Amiga 500 and GP2 on my first homebuilt 486 sx25 which I had overclocked to 33Mhz.

Stopped playing all PC based games apart from Everquest 1999 to 2003 I became obsessed and a south park paraody running mutiple accounts ;-)

Rediscoverd driving games with rFactor.

Now I race mainly in VR after first taking a punt on a DK2 in 2014. Currently running a G2, to say I am a VR fanatic is an understatement!

On the PC I rairly if ever play online as I like to recreate races from the past
F1 from the 60's to late 90's also GT and prototypes 60's to the present day.

I own all of the sims currently on the market, including GT sport and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
On the PC its AC, AMS2 and dare I say it PC2 which get most of my attention. rFactor 2 frustrates the hell out of me, I was an early adopter and paid the premium for online. so much potential wasted.

I never ever get bored as there is simply not enough hours in the day, time flys past so fast past the age of 55 its really really scary. I dont do any modding, the time involved would take too long especially as I dont have much time left before the grim reaper whisks me away. ;-)

What little free time I have is taken up with dog walking, road cycling.

Cycling is how I get around I sold my last car in 2011.
I have Road bikes, mountain bikes cargo bike and even a homebuilt electric with a bafang 1000 watt mid drive. More power to the people 35mph is good enough with low gearing and a 100 mile range. Yes I am one of those sad little cyclists festooned in cameras you see out on the road.

Just finished reading Unmasked inside Antifa by Andy Ngo well worth a read and The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists by Robert Tressell.

Dug out my old GTR2 DVD once I found out it works in VR with Crew Chief. I am here for the mods baby and a bit of banter. Very Happy
idontgetoutmuch
idontgetoutmuch

harvestmouse, matbitbol, racingmad and The Iron Wolf like this post

Back to top Go down

Heyup from North Yorkshire. Empty Re: Heyup from North Yorkshire.

Post  harvestmouse 11/6/2022, 14:57

Hello and welcome.

If you're recreating race series, does anything else 'really' work apart from GTR2?

I'm also a road cyclist and I prefer cycling to 'actual' driving. So just because it's a motor racing hobby, doesn't mean the 2 things are a contradiction!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  idontgetoutmuch 11/6/2022, 17:04

harvestmouse wrote:Hello and welcome.

If you're recreating race series, does anything else 'really' work apart from GTR2?

I'm also a road cyclist and I prefer cycling to 'actual' driving.  So just because it's a motor racing hobby, doesn't mean the 2 things are a contradiction!  

I like to race in VR and only found this out 3 days ago that is why GTR2 is back on my ssd, GTR2 may  finally provide my little slice of nostalgic heaven. So I can escape from reality, while the uk slides into a sunni caliphate. I hate football yet still play sensi the one and only true football sim Very Happy
idontgetoutmuch
idontgetoutmuch

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad News 12/6/2022, 17:56

Welcome, William!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Zoran Mikic
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bad News
Bad News

Back to top Go down

Post  matbitbol 13/6/2022, 22:44

Hi Will
Happy to find an old buddy started sim racing on the Amiga with Geoff Grammonds Microprose GP1, masterpiece!
Welcome on EEC, great place of passionate people.
Mat

Mat Maup aka 'Matbitbol'
matbitbol
matbitbol

Back to top Go down

Post  racingmad 13/6/2022, 23:31

Talk about parallel lives,  Razz Had to laugh though Laughing  I too tried the "New" .."Miracle" VR Experiment with GTR2, Never could get it working properly, and worse still went the Oculus route day one, and like another dyslexic idiot on steroids, bought the MK2  Oculus thinking it was going to be 100% better WRONG! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Embarassed  Then Facebook Nazis took it over, now its Do as we say or no VR (how do they get away with this?) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Maybe you could share your GTR2 "VR" set ups? Do you really get it in Full VR? I only ever got a Cinema Screen effect at best? Rolling Eyes
Great post, keep modding

lol!
racingmad
racingmad

https://teddybear412.imgur.com/all/

Back to top Go down

Post  idontgetoutmuch 14/6/2022, 15:30

racingmad wrote:Talk about parallel lives,  Razz Had to laugh though Laughing  I too tried the "New" .."Miracle" VR Experiment with GTR2, Never could get it working properly, and worse still went the Oculus route day one, and like another dyslexic idiot on steroids, bought the MK2  Oculus thinking it was going to be 100% better WRONG! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Embarassed  Then Facebook Nazis took it over, now its Do as we say or no VR (how do they get away with this?) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Maybe you could share your GTR2 "VR" set ups? Do you really get it in Full VR? I only ever got a Cinema Screen effect at best? Rolling Eyes
Great post, keep modding

lol!

Works like any normal VR game

Latest version of GTR2
10 year Anniversary patch
Crew Chief

run gtr2_setup.CMD
the only section I needed to change (Which plugin do you want)
select 5 Crewchief VR
now exit

Next edit crew chief ini in the gtr2 plugins folder
Enables SteamVR rendering
enableSteamVRRendering = 1 (change 0 to 1)

in crew cheif under the steam vr overlay settings I have a tick in show in VR

Edit player profile
World Movement = 0.00000 really makes a big difference to how you feel. default setting did not feel right almost causing nausea and I can normally do 4 hours in a headset with no issue.

The game dispalys on my monitor as looking through one lens and takes up vertically half the screen. in VR its a desktop setting, once I launch a track it works normally on my headset like any other VR game and to be honest looks bloody good.

Couple of issues I have one the mouse control is off I do not seem to be able to correctly highlight on the right hand side of the projected image, however I can see what I need to click on highlighted with the mouse curser to the left. Odd but works. Hard for me to explain.

Another is working out in crew chief how to setup a button on my wheel to center VR
I have only been messing about for a couple of evenings but so far so good.

It's a bloody miracle and my thanks go out to the modders and programmers. Bless you all!
idontgetoutmuch
idontgetoutmuch

Back to top Go down

Post  The Iron Wolf 14/6/2022, 23:27

Welcome! CC plugin author here.

>Couple of issues I have one the mouse control is off I do not seem to be able to correctly highlight on the right hand side of the projected image, however I can see what I need to click on highlighted with the mouse curser to the left. Odd but works. Hard for me to explain.

Did you try enabling borderless windowed mode? Search CrewChief.ini for "borderless" and try running in windowed borderless mode that matches your desktop resolution, or less. If that does not fix it, are you using DSR? What HMD is that?

>Another is working out in crew chief how to setup a button on my wheel to center VR
For things like that I recommend Joy2Key. Use it to send numpad5 to game to recenter VR.

Have fun!
TIW

The Iron Wolf

idontgetoutmuch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Heyup from North Yorkshire. Empty Cheers IronWolf

Post  idontgetoutmuch 15/6/2022, 21:08

Thank you very much, both of your suggestions cured my issue. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
idontgetoutmuch
idontgetoutmuch

The Iron Wolf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down