European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Championship class handling questions I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Championship class handling questions

2 posters

Go down

Championship class handling questions Empty Championship class handling questions

Post  Littlefysh 7/5/2018, 18:19

OK so to start with I'm going to clarify that I'm using the HQ mod version of the GTR2 2003 vanilla cars. The tracks however are a mix of vanilla and mods.

So I have a large championship that includes all cars in the 2003 season (GT, NGT, G2, G3) with a variety of tracks that have a variety of car limits. I have a list of what classes I want to run in what rounds, meaning that I wish to exclude certain classes for certain races to allow for that tracks class limit.

To simplify I want to do the same thing that IMSA did at Long Beach 2018, only running the Prototype and GTLM classes, thereby exluding the GTD class for that race, but of course on my selection of tracks using a selection of these 4 vanilla classes.

I would have thought this would be a simple addition of an include or an exclude line in that rounds section in the championship gbd file, but I can't seem to find any mention of any such method.

I do remember seeing a post about an ALMS mod a while back where there was a Prototype only race and a GT only race, where that person was asking this question, however I can't seem to find that post again.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Littlefysh
Littlefysh
Littlefysh

Back to top Go down

Championship class handling questions Empty Re: Championship class handling questions

Post  Maxellero 7/5/2018, 19:39

I don't know if there's another way of doing it than this:
In tracks you have line called AI Vehicle Filter. You have to put the filter in classes line in every car you want to race on this particular track. I know that's a lot of work but propably that's the only way to do this. And remember that this filter doesn't affect player's car, so f.e. when you're racing in prototype and want to make only-GT race, you'll still be able to race there.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lukasz Pala [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maxellero
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Championship class handling questions Empty Re: Championship class handling questions

Post  Littlefysh 7/5/2018, 19:54

Thanks for the reply, I will try this. However, before I do I have a concern. Would this not also limit the cars that could run on this circuit in race weekend mode as well as in other championships?
Littlefysh
Littlefysh

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxellero 9/5/2018, 01:04

It for sure won't affect race weekend mode and for other championships you can use IgnoreTrackFilter line (check original special championships) if you don't want to limit these cars.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lukasz Pala [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maxellero
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down