European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

+43
Sylphide
Shinra
pawelek
Vanaja
Bad News
simspeed_racing
drr6
skeno
suti
antoniog7772
JERACERX
repaban
matteo1974
Pye_Man
baika
jsmee
gtracer123
LeMansDriver22
ChaosZero
PhoenixWylde
Maxellero
bigbad
Tano
jr82
dbstreet
GTP_furinkazen
pimmy
giaserg
Crimson764
brianspeake
ernie2492
Nebehr
Cheeveer
Jarodparker
bernie91
PeteB
rildoh
alexmezza
miuqana
Phillip Kruger
eurostc
intelpower
Markano97
47 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  Pye_Man 25/8/2017, 08:16

Markano97 wrote:@Everyone
A very important announcement:
I woke up this morning only to find out about a serious problem that will affect my personal life from now on.
Due to the severity and importance of this issue any planned skinpacks will be cancelled.I will only do the skinpack reworkings but nothing new will done. This leads to the following projects to be cancelled:
-2002-2003 Norwegian series ( intelpower i'm terribly sorry for this mate but i have to cancel it, i'll send over everything i've done and your  entire work.)
-Production class cars for the Spa 24H
-Toca shootout that i planned on doing
-HSCC 2013 was also planned
-1993,1994 Spa 24H

That will be all. My work now will only focus on completing the skinpack reworkings and then i'm done.
The bathurst pack will be taken over by Michael Ford( the original author of the ASTC 1998) and he will also do the 1999 race.
I have sent my Bathurst 1996-1997 packs for release so you won't be missing anything.
This also applies to the FIA World Cup of 1993-1994 even though i had to make some details.

These skinpacks are the ones you should expect from me:
Belgian,French,South African,Australian,Czech/Central European and Japanese skinpack reworks
1996-1999 South East Asian series.
1998 Croatian Series.

A big thank you to all who have supported me these 2 years and motivated me to make all these skins with their kind words. My biggest gratitude to my friend DBstreet. He motivated me with his packs to start skinning properly. If it wasn't for him none of this would have been done.

Hopefully i will come back at some point but i don't really see so. Very Happy

Sorry to hear that bud. Thank you so much for the advice and guidance you have given me. I hope works out well.
Pye_Man
Pye_Man

Back to top Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  jr82 26/8/2017, 01:40

bernie91 wrote:
eurostc wrote:SpecialClasses
{
 indcup = Independents Cup
 WORKS = Manufacturers
}

Drafting
{
 BaseDropoff=0.195
 LeadingExponent=1.7
 FollowingExponent=1.7
}

CategoryLists = 2

Category
{
 indcup = I
 works = M

this portion should include both classes and the first picked cars are normally done by qualification or by the strength of the driver.rcd strength
, also this line can change the front/ fill positions..

Comparativetime=105
bottom line of the .car file

"SpecialClasses
{
 indcup = Independents Cup
 WORKS = Manufacturers
}

Drafting
{
 BaseDropoff=0.195
 LeadingExponent=1.7
 FollowingExponent=1.7
}

CategoryLists = 2

Category
{
 indcup = I
 works = M
}

// used to re-categorize a car for players championship use

ComparativeCategory
{
 indcup = I
 works = M
}"

yep, it's the same
Drafting
{
 BaseDropoff=0.195
 LeadingExponent=1.7
 FollowingExponent=1.7

any idea exactly what each of these lines does?
tried tweaking it since forever but can't stop a car backing off out of a corner when accelerating right behind another car...
they do the same thing at the start if they get a jump on the car in front, instead of trying to pass they just back off.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Pye_Man 28/8/2017, 20:39

Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the rear lights on the mk1 mondeo hatch, to reflect its real life counter part? I would be willing to help if anyone has any pointers.
Pye_Man
Pye_Man

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 28/8/2017, 22:10

Pye_Man wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the rear lights on the mk1 mondeo hatch, to reflect its real life counter part? I would be willing to help if anyone has any pointers.

What's up with it?

Also, the sounds annoy me, can't put my finger on it but they just lack the top end PUNCH of the real thing...

If I could work out what sound samples were being used I could try make an adjustment, I'm not sure if's bass or what but the mod sounds lack something. Try the exterior Laguna sample to see what I mean.

I was thinking generally of adding more bass to the car sounds anyway. Also the Mondeo doesn't sound quite right at high revs compared to IRL.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  Pye_Man 28/8/2017, 22:40

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
Pye_Man wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to fix the rear lights on the mk1 mondeo hatch, to reflect its real life counter part? I would be willing to help if anyone has any pointers.

What's up with it?

Also, the sounds annoy me, can't put my finger on it but they just lack the top end PUNCH of the real thing...

If I could work out what sound samples were being used I could try make an adjustment, I'm not sure if's bass or what but the mod sounds lack something. Try the exterior Laguna sample to see what I mean.

I was thinking generally of adding more bass to the car sounds anyway. Also the Mondeo doesn't sound quite right at high revs compared to IRL.

I'm not knocking the work, but they are saloon rear lights. The hatch lights and numberplate shroud are different.

As for sound. I know the guy who owns the '95 spec mondeo in my avatar. I could ask him.
Pye_Man
Pye_Man

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 28/8/2017, 23:02

Pye_Man wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:

What's up with it?

I'm not knocking the work, but they are saloon rear lights. The hatch lights and numberplate shroud are different.

As for sound. I know the guy who owns the '95 spec mondeo in my avatar. I could ask him.

Mr Strachan? Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pye_Man 28/8/2017, 23:04

Certainly is
Pye_Man
Pye_Man

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/8/2017, 21:07

New PitBoard from the pit wall from a retro touch, whilst Volvo have been busy making their pit stall a little more distinguishable, who knows other teams may follow suit Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 29/8/2017, 21:49

Very Happy

BTW a "nice" moment of later BTCC Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 29/8/2017, 22:07

I would say listening to the Laguna in that video, that the sounds in the mod do lack some bass.

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 29/8/2017, 22:55

Crimson764 wrote:I would say listening to the Laguna in that video, that the sounds in the mod do lack some bass.

I'm experimenting with adding about 5.0db of bass to the exterior sounds, using Audacity.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 30/8/2017, 06:27

How are AI Championship results going in testing? they finishing in roughly the right order etc for each season etc?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 30/8/2017, 10:11

jr82 wrote:How are AI Championship results going in testing? they finishing in roughly the right order etc for each season etc?

Not even been looked at since I did the BTCC one's about 8 months ago. Reason for this is since then slowly started work on Championship files and Tracks, and I haven't especially seen the point of doing Championship tests when new skins and entries were being added on a regular basis.

Just a note Championship Files will NOT be with the mod when released but rather with the trackpack (which is still with a considerable amount completed).

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 30/8/2017, 14:48

MushyGaming's first skin for the mod isn't too bad... Car done, Set WIP Smile

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pye_Man 30/8/2017, 15:28

Looks awesome!

How do you get the track map on?
Pye_Man
Pye_Man

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 30/8/2017, 15:39

GTP_furinkazen wrote:MushyGaming's first skin for the mod isn't too bad... Car done, Set WIP Smile

Looking good!

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 30/8/2017, 16:03

Pye_Man wrote:Looks awesome!

How do you get the track map on?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 31/8/2017, 02:45

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
jr82 wrote:How are AI Championship results going in testing? they finishing in roughly the right order etc for each season etc?

Not even been looked at since I did the BTCC one's about 8 months ago. Reason for this is since then slowly started work on Championship files and Tracks, and I haven't especially seen the point of doing Championship tests when new skins and entries were being added on a regular basis.

Just a note Championship Files will NOT be with the mod when released but rather with the trackpack (which is still with a considerable amount completed).
Fair call, guess this would come from normal races results anyway.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 18 Empty A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Post  GTP_furinkazen 31/8/2017, 21:30

An entry to the 2017 HSTCC has made it in the grid today... compared to other cars it is fairly insignificant but it appearance in the mod means so much more is possible afterwards...

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  skeno 1/9/2017, 18:39

thats cool. Smile

any plans to add the integra as well?
skeno
skeno

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 1/9/2017, 18:43

the Astra Hatch was a dog of car

in  2006 it was  fast   but suffered from severe tyre degradation  at half the race distance   it dropped down the order fast, only Giovanardi managed to wrestle a win that year at Knockhill by holding off the oppostion for half the race distance Laughing

this was an issue with the car as the tyres were spec parts

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 1/9/2017, 19:07

skeno wrote:thats cool. Smile

Originally the Astra Hatch and the Integra were planned to be in the BTCC 01-03 mod, with other cars from the 2004 and 2005 seasons. Don't know if those seasons are still planned but there's been no news on this since last year.

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 2/9/2017, 00:21

intelpower wrote:the Astra Hatch was a dog of car

in  2006 it was  fast   but suffered from severe tyre degradation  at half the race distance   it dropped down the order fast, only Giovanardi managed to wrestle a win that year at Knockhill by holding off the oppostion for half the race distance Laughing

this was an issue with the car  as the tyres were spec parts

Crimson764 wrote:

Originally the Astra Hatch and the Integra were planned to be in the BTCC 01-03 mod, with other cars from the 2004 and 2005 seasons. Don't know if those seasons are still planned but there's been no news on this since last year.

Ok couple pointers:

BTC-era cars have been let in the historic series for 2017, so an MG from the BTC mod, an Integra from jsmee's mod (I have permission), and a STCC2/Race07 converted Astra will be on the grid.

As for a BTCC mod for mid 00's - an expansion on 01-03 to cover later seasons would be most likely the next project after the ST mod.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  skeno 2/9/2017, 19:13

iirc simon converted the BTC-T Astra from pertagtc and posted it at trackaholics some years ago incase you want to add that instead of the STCC2 astra.
skeno
skeno

Back to top Go down

Post  repaban 2/9/2017, 19:54

Thank you for you work
repaban
repaban

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next