European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Can't exit AMS1
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:28 by Leen-q

» From the Netherlands
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:22 by Leen-q

» No wheels in cockpitview when driving singleseaters
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 05:27 by Illy26

» introduce
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

What equipment do you guys use when racing ?

+5
Maxellero
khan1670
antoniog7772
Totenkopf
alexmezza
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What equipment do you guys use when racing ?

Post  Guest 22/7/2014, 16:07

I'm using a G25, with a 50 Samsung TV, My rig is homemade, its ugly but its served me well..

Back to top Go down

What equipment do you guys use when racing ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What equipment do you guys use when racing ?

Post  Guest 22/7/2014, 16:11

rtc552 wrote:I'm using a G25, with a 50 Samsung TV, My rig is homemade, its ugly but its served me well..
Come race online with us  thumps up 

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 22/7/2014, 20:11

After years with my trusty G25 I upgraded to a T500RS and a THRS8 shifter, just a 19" monitor on a self built desk in my living room (no room for a rig in my tiny house)

Back when I was able to do online racing there was a guy at Racedepartment who used keyboard with mouse steering and he was seriously quick, we were all surprised when he told us - this was a very competitive club too with DTM driver Daniel Juncadella and current ADAC GT championship leader Kelvin van der Linde as regular competitors.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 26/7/2014, 10:34

PATR10T wrote:modified dfgt Razz

i added shift paddles from another wheel and a rubber strap on the brake pedal

my opinion is if you drive a SIM you have to use a wheel, no keyboard or controller...if you have not the money, save some money to buy one, for example a dfgt is a "cheap" wheel but realy great Wink

I read about modding DFGT, but not done it yet. I use stock DFGT and stick for shifting (after first day of doing it that way my right shoulder hurt  drive  ) on a sturdy desk with 24'' monitor and office chair which tends to go backwards while driving  lol! 

ColdBrain wrote:I don't understand how people drive with keyboard and without assists!

I had an Xbox 360 pad then switched to a G27. I got slower, too.

I got slower too after switching from rumblepad2 to wheel. But I can't explain that to my brother who is on xbox360 controller and refuses to start online racing because guys with the wheels are faster Razz He's stubborn like a donkey Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Totenkopf 27/7/2014, 16:18

ColdBrain wrote:I don't understand how people drive with keyboard and without assists!

Why without assists? In real life, the drivers have TCS (stronger than how is in GTR2) and power steering (in GTR2 is enabled with F1), and in GT3 they have even ABS.

So, I don't drive without assists... or, better, I drive with the assists allowed by each category.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]2nd in LMP1 class WEC 2013-2014
Totenkopf
Totenkopf
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 27/7/2014, 16:35

In real life a LMP2 can adjust the TC and ABS in different ways for each corner of the same track via GPS and for each driver of the team it can also change it based on weather if the rain starts

Back to top Go down

Post  PATR10T 27/7/2014, 16:49

Rookie wrote:
PATR10T wrote:modified dfgt Razz

i added shift paddles from another wheel and a rubber strap on the brake pedal

my opinion is if you drive a SIM you have to use a wheel, no keyboard or controller...if you have not the money, save some money to buy one, for example a dfgt is a "cheap" wheel but realy great Wink

I read about modding DFGT, but not done it yet. I use stock DFGT and stick for shifting (after first day of doing it that way my right shoulder hurt  drive  ) on a sturdy desk with 24'' monitor and office chair which tends to go backwards while driving  lol! 

there different solutions for the same thing ^^ you can check youtube for all mods and tutorials Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 15/8/2014, 08:55

I'm using a G27 set up on a cheap wheel stand at the minute, a 40" TV and a kitchen chair to sit on.  Very Happy Gonna remodel soon and get a proper PC monitor, and have it set up permanently. The TV is great and all but having to set everything up when I want to race and then take it down again when I'm finished is a pain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2