European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Can't exit AMS1
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:28 by Leen-q

» From the Netherlands
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:22 by Leen-q

» No wheels in cockpitview when driving singleseaters
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 05:27 by Illy26

» introduce
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
What equipment do you guys use when racing ? I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

What equipment do you guys use when racing ?

+5
Maxellero
khan1670
antoniog7772
Totenkopf
alexmezza
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What equipment do you guys use when racing ? Empty What equipment do you guys use when racing ?

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 01:04

Please share your information here about what equipment do you guys use while racing.
Steering wheels, pedals, shifters, rigs, monitor setups, anything related to the subject.

Personally, I have nothing to brag about.  lol! Just regular G25 attached to a big sturdy chunky desk and a single 24 inch monitor plus a very comfy office chair as my racing seat !  lol! 
However, I`m pretty happy with what I have at the moment. It could have been a lot worse: a keyboard instead of a steering wheel, a 14 inch teeny weeny screen and no chair at all. In that case I would kneel or stand while racing !  lol! 

Back to top Go down

What equipment do you guys use when racing ? Empty Re: What equipment do you guys use when racing ?

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 12:24

Interesting thread to start Pawel  thumps up 

I'm using a G27 wheel/pedals/shifter mounted to some brand or another wheel stand and I have a
50" screen to view it from where I sit in a tub chair about 4 to 5 feet away from the screen woohoo 
I'd love to figure out a rig of some sort to mount all of it to but for now, this is what I have.

Back to top Go down

What equipment do you guys use when racing ? Empty Re: What equipment do you guys use when racing ?

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 13:40

I would say, that it isn`t too shabby setup at all, is it ?

Last edited by CGWEEGEE on 9/6/2014, 15:13; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 13:58

hehe, no, not too shabby at all Cool It made an incredible difference when I switched from the 32" screen to the 50"
and it took a bit of getting used to but yes, I quite like the change Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 15:16

Good for you ! Enjoy it and keep racing !  drive 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 15:19

I use my keyboard...  rofl 

Phill you can't race online with us?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 16:15

Kalinin wrote:I use my keyboard...  rofl 

Phill you can't race online with us?

I wish I could Will Embarassed Crying or Very sad I used to be an avid online racer back when it all began in the mid 90s. I was on the end of the beta testing for what would become the very 1st free online gaming site on the internet and was hosted by Microsoft. It went on to become known as the Zone. Every Friday night for about 3 years I was a regular. It was the most amazing thing to have 4 of us playing at the same time in real time (except for the fn lag when it would happen Mad ). The idea of having me here on the left coast of Canada, a guy on the right coast in Montreal, a guy in Hong Kong and the 4th guy in New Zealand playing the same game at the same time was brand new ground for it's day. Today it's more like Shocked and rofl to think it was ever NOT that way.

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza 9/6/2014, 17:32

Kalinin wrote:I use my keyboard...  rofl 

Me too...  Embarassed  Razz 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Totenkopf 9/6/2014, 17:38

Keyboard driver here as well Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]2nd in LMP1 class WEC 2013-2014
Totenkopf
Totenkopf
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  antoniog7772 9/6/2014, 17:45

in a citty circuit i use the barriers a lot.  lol! lol! lol! 

what?
At some turns slidding your car alongside the outside barrier of the turn will get u a lotta time and wont crash the car, just avoid it flipping over it.

Example Porto/Circuito da boavista on those hard turns ater turning from boavista venue into Park Avenue, right before Vilarinha.

Its not cheating, its using the circuit assets .... thumbs lol! lol! geek jocolor 

Antonio Ferreira
From Porto, Portugal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

antoniog7772

http://shivernshake.ativoforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 17:51

bwahahahaha! My nephew years ago used to always do that playing Gran Turismo. I began calling it a "Blair turn" whenever I or my son would do that rofl 

Back to top Go down

Post  khan1670 9/6/2014, 20:19

I have a G25 and an old Micrsoft Sidewinder joystick I use for driving.

I use the G25 pretty much just for iracing though I have tried it in other sims too.

Problem is I don't have a great setup for using the wheel and I have to take it on and off my desk if I want to use it.
So I tend to just be lazy and stick with the joystick for other sims as I can drive just fine with it.

Most of the time I just stick with my 24"in monitor, but I do have a 55 in HDTV I can switch to.
However, again it's a bit awkward as I have to sit awkwardly to use it and my pc at the same time. Razz 

Really need to change my place around a bit.  Very Happy

Edit: Forgot to mention Assetto Corsa doesn't support joysticks properly at the moment, which is rather annoying,
so I have to use the wheel for that too. Smile

Last edited by khan1670 on 9/6/2014, 21:18; edited 1 time in total

Kevin Hauer
khan1670
khan1670

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/6/2014, 20:46

Haha, one more person here with the G25 ! I wonder, who owns a Leo Bodnar or Frex wheel.
I reckon nobody,  rofl  for the obvious reasons, you have to pay through the nose, regardless the best steering wheels on the market right now or not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxellero 9/6/2014, 22:15

I'm using cheap but cool Speedlink Carbon GT (SL-6694-RD) steering wheel, but when I'll buy new computer (online races maybe then), i propably albo will buy a better wheel. Also sometime using a mouse, but only for testing mods/tracks.

Lukasz Pala [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maxellero
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Basuchi 12/6/2014, 23:19

I am currently using the Thrustmaster T500RS with standard pedals and all 3 available rims.
As seat I am using an old Suzuki sports car seat mounted to a wooden "frame" in front of my desk.
My screen is a 21.5" Acer LED monitor. Headset is a Triton technologies.

Right now I am planning to build a wooden rig around my seat in order to get a little more of a realistic racing feeling Very Happy

Sebastian Weber

#36 - HC Racing - Audi R8 LMS - 2016/2017 GT Sprint
#3 - Corvette Racing - Corvette C7.R - 2016/2017 ALMS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]- 3rd 2015 Le Mans Series GTE Pro Driver's Championship
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] - 3rd 2015/2016 GT Sprint Driver's Championship
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] - WINNER 2015/2016 GT Sprint Team's Championship
Basuchi
Basuchi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 13/6/2014, 04:40

I don't understand how people drive with keyboard and without assists!

I had an Xbox 360 pad then switched to a G27. I got slower, too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 13/6/2014, 09:01

ColdBrain wrote:I don't understand how people drive with keyboard and without assists!

Did you regain and/or surpass eventually with the wheel?

Back to top Go down

Post  PATR10T 13/6/2014, 09:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Twisted Evil 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 13/6/2014, 13:16

ColdBrain wrote:I don't understand how people drive with keyboard and without assists!

The control settings allow you to manage how fast the throttle will "move" when you hit the key you configured for that. This alone helps a lot. But correct gear management and even with that setting you need to hit the key a few times instead of just go full on it. But you still need to take care about wheel spin at some high speed corners.
It also depends on the mod. Newer cars are easy to drive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/6/2014, 00:10

humpmedumpme wrote:

Did you regain and/or surpass eventually with the wheel?

Modern cars are easier because I just go with 270 degrees or whatever GTR2 uses. Older cars I use the full 900 and I still haven't got the hang of it.

But I suck because I'm too smooth. Razz

Kalinin wrote:

The control settings allow you to manage how fast the throttle will "move" when you hit the key you configured for that. This alone helps a lot. But correct gear management and even with that setting you need to hit the key a few times instead of just go full on it. But you still need to take care about wheel spin at some high speed corners.
It also depends on the mod. Newer cars are easy to drive.

When I played the old GTR with keyboard I was catastrophic. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  PATR10T 14/6/2014, 08:41

modified dfgt Razz

i added shift paddles from another wheel and a rubber strap on the brake pedal

my opinion is if you drive a SIM you have to use a wheel, no keyboard or controller...if you have not the money, save some money to buy one, for example a dfgt is a "cheap" wheel but realy great Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 14/6/2014, 11:32

Yep, in my humble opinion a steering wheel, a set of pedals including a gas, a brake, a clutch and a shifter ( H-pattern, sequential or both like G25 has ) is a bare minimum as far as an immersion of sim racing is concerned.
You always want to be as close as possible to a real world.

Have you ever seen a race car driver using a mouse, a controller, a joystick or a keyboard while racing ?
 lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 19/6/2014, 14:15

At the moment I am using a joystick in GTR2.. I wouldn't try it online! Hard to keep a straight line with it! I'll be on ebay soon for a DFGT.

Back to top Go down

Post  schosch90 24/6/2014, 13:13

I'm using a Logitech G27 mounted on my desk, but in near future I'll start to build a simrig Smile 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Marco Geisen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

schosch90

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 25/6/2014, 14:16

I bet, you`re looking forward.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next