European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Can't exit AMS1
Hi there I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:28 by Leen-q

» From the Netherlands
Hi there I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:22 by Leen-q

» No wheels in cockpitview when driving singleseaters
Hi there I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 05:27 by Illy26

» introduce
Hi there I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Hi there I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Hi there I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Hi there I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Hi there I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Hi there I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

Hi there

2 posters

Go down

Hi there Empty Hi there

Post  Guest 5/8/2017, 22:00

What's your real name, age? My name is James - I'm 45 (old enough to watch Prost, Senna, Mansell, Berger and Keke Rosberg racing the original F1 turbo cars and when Ferrari F1 cars still had V12 engines)
From where you are? Great Britain
Which Sim games do you play? Grand Prix Legends, GTL and GTR2 mostly, have played RFactor, F1C and Race 07 in the past
How did You know about EEC Team? Recommendation from a friend
Do you ever race online? No
Do you have enough free time to run on sundays? (Only important if you want to drive online) Generally race offline but have enough time to give it a go
Do you know something about modding, skinning? A little bit, have done some private transfers of tracks and cars from GTL to GTR2 and vice versa - also a few private mods of tracks - removing armco, kerbing etc to make them look a bit older era for P&G use
Any problem for you if we give access only for some Mods? No
Are you here only to grab mods and then leave us? No, thinking about some online racing, would mainly like to be part of a good community free of trolling, arguments
Please, write a few words about you (hobbies, sports, job, etc):
Registered for the site a while ago, but had to stop gaming for a while - had no time with a young family. Now starting to have the time to start racing again properly. Outside racing games I play the guitar and read a lot (mainly about music and motor racing). I work as a website content manager.

Back to top Go down

Hi there Empty Re: Hi there

Post  angeleinma 6/8/2017, 22:17

Welcome to EEC, James. Enjoy drive

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Angel Cañas      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
angeleinma
angeleinma

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/8/2017, 23:59

Welcome James!
Lots of great stuff to have fun with here!
When you get a chance, build your signature block with your full name.
Have fun mate!

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 7/8/2017, 01:09

Hello and welcome. Unfortunately I don't think the games you played are played online here anymore. However you want to look into Automobilista.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/8/2017, 21:11

Thanks everyone - I'll take a look around

Don't have a rig that can handle the newer games as yet - but interested to see what is out there

I've also updated my signature with my name - hope all is now ok

Last edited by jimmym on 7/8/2017, 21:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added name into signature as requested for membership)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/8/2017, 22:39

Hey jimmym! Welcome aboard. I am an EEC rookie and I look forward to seeing you around. I love the competition, but enjoy a fun and relaxed racing environment when I can find it.

I see that you are a lover of open wheel cars, and I have a soft spot in my heart for the older ones too! I remember the first time I heard a Mugen V10 screaming on track. My first set of goosebumps was the sound. My second set was from the idea that you could put 10 cylinders in a vee and get that kind of performance, growing up all American V8 here. I still love F1 and NASCAR, but I truly do miss the engine competition for both! It added that certain level of uncertainty that you just can't get with all the rules now. Sad That's what keeps me going with Grand Am/LMS racing. To see a turbo 4 competing with a V12 at LeMans? Better than sex! (Remember guys, I'm 51). Smile

Enough chat for now. Set up a nostalgia post in one of the casual discussions and I will surely join in. I too would recommend Automobilista. I am actually playing on an i3 laptop (with some small upgrades), and AMS runs very well on it with multiple cars. I have to take the framerate hit for now untill I build a better systems, but out of all the modern games AMS does the best. Besides RaceRoom. But as much as I enjoy it, that game is easily a money pit.

And the open wheelers in AMS are quite good. In fact, they are my favorites of all the games I own:
Assetto Corsa
RaceRoom
rFactor2
pCars
Race07

And there is a CART mod for the older turbo versions that is awesome!

That's my 2 pennies. Just keep us up to date and I will be round to race and help out when I can. Welcome brother!

Toby What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum