European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
any tips for win10 +  gaming I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

any tips for win10 + gaming

+3
GTP_furinkazen
GT Fan 8899
C_Stephens
7 posters

Go down

any tips for win10 +  gaming Empty any tips for win10 + gaming

Post  C_Stephens 11/11/2016, 22:25

Well couple weeks ago I lost my OS hard drive and a 2nd HDD, containing all my game/sim files. I was concerned with losing both drives at the same time that I had a bad board or something but so far everything checks out. I'm finally getting up and running again. I have a SSD installed and decided to give Windows 10 a go. Its obviously a fresh install and after 4 days everything seems stable. I'm about to install a 2nd new drive to load up my games and am trying to prep everything first. Does anyone have any guides they follow for setting up the OS for gaming. Hoping to be "simming" again soon as this sucks. Lots of game files to try and find again. Luckily I had backups of most of my mods but lost all my tracks for rF, GTR2, and others.
Trying to remember how to install NVInspector, does it just install like a program and work with latest drivers? Also for older games do windows10 users still use CPU infinity or something like that?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chris Stephens

C_Stephens

Back to top Go down

any tips for win10 +  gaming Empty Re: any tips for win10 + gaming

Post  Guest 11/11/2016, 22:57

I have windows 10 and never really needed anything special for games, the thing I really recommend is to turn off the windows update in services and update it like once a month or two

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/11/2016, 00:27

Chris older games like GTR2 need the 4gb patch available in this forum.
In order for GTR2 to run smoothly make sure you install DX9 before the game, then use the compatibility mode to propperly install DX9 (easy google search and there it is)

Hope i helped

Back to top Go down

Post  C_Stephens 12/11/2016, 01:42

Thanks for the tips guys, any tip helps. Need things to go smoothly, having withdraws from not playing for 2 weeks lol.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chris Stephens

C_Stephens

Back to top Go down

Post  C_Stephens 12/11/2016, 01:47

Quick question though, did you guys install your older games? In windows 7 I just used backups and used those, didn't do an actual "install" from disc. I have backups of untouched installs for rF1, GTR2, GTL and was just going to copy the directories to my new HDD. Worked fine in windows 7, still work for win10?

Chris Stephens

C_Stephens

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 12/11/2016, 02:14

In theory should, however i always prefer to do a new install, did it with rF1 and GTR2, and then several installs in this case GTR2 to separate some items

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Fan 8899 12/11/2016, 09:58

Well, because of the amount of reinstalls I think I will buy GTR 2 again via Steam...don´t want to make the disc look used.
That retail version has to have some form of collectors value in the future. What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ermis Chachoglou
GT Fan 8899
GT Fan 8899

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtTsYSMopmxGCFM3MmhN81w

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 12/11/2016, 12:00

GT Fan 8899 wrote:Well, because of the amount of reinstalls I think I will buy GTR 2 again via Steam...don´t want to make the disc look used.
That retail version has to have some form of collectors value in the future. What a Face

I just do an install of the original, put in the plug ins and texture updates I want and NO CD patches, and keep that on a hard drive. Whenever I want a new install copy it across.

@OP - older games often have compatibility issues and won't open or run correctly. Running the actual game .exe file as well as any GFX config exe files (like for RF and GTR2) gets around this. However worth noting Steam does this automatically.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  C_Stephens 12/11/2016, 13:49

Does steam allow multiple installs? I've always used my disc for GTR2, GTL and installed once then save that as an untouched so when I want a new install I copy it over to my game drive, especially GTL due to starforce on the original disc. As for rF, I've always used a cracked version as I've always had 10-15 different installs on my system at any one time. I've never even installed my steam copy ever. I know I own GTR2 and I believe GTL on steam as well but never installed those thru steam as I've had the disc versions as well

Chris Stephens

C_Stephens

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 13/11/2016, 21:04

Keep in remind GTR2 steam does not include Ferraris and Porsches.

Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Fan 8899 13/11/2016, 21:49

gtracer123 wrote:Keep in remind GTR2 steam does not include Ferraris and Porsches.

And your just one No-CD crack away from reintegrating them. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ermis Chachoglou
GT Fan 8899
GT Fan 8899

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtTsYSMopmxGCFM3MmhN81w

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/12/2016, 22:33

I have windows 10 and no problems at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nectaria 11/12/2016, 22:44

Well I do have Win10 and I can't launch GTR2, well I can, but it doesn't launch.

Koen Verlinde
3RD PLACE PRO CUP GT MASTERS 2012-2013 Mercedes SLS
5TH PLACE PRO CUP ENDURANCE SERIES 2012-2013 Ferrari F430
3RD PLACE WTCC 2013 BMW 320si
3RD PLACE LMP2 WEC 2013-2014 ORECA 03
1ST PLACE GT OPEN GTE 2013-2014 JAGUAR XKR
5TH PLACE SUPER V8 - HOLDEN COMMODORE 2016

4TH PLACE LMS - Oreca 03 LMP2 2016
1ST PLACE GT Series Am cup and Sprint Am Cup 2016-2017 BMW M6
2ND PLACE GTE Class - LMS 2016-2017 Ferrari F488
1ST PLACE GT America Series Silver Cup and Endurance Silver cup 2017 BMW M6

Nectaria
Nectaria

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 11/12/2016, 22:45

Nectaria wrote:Well I do have Win10 and I can't launch GTR2, well I can, but it doesn't launch.

i don't have GTR2 so i can't tell Smile i have race 07 but never tried it on my new pc

Back to top Go down

Post  Durge Driven 12/12/2016, 10:50

C_Stephens wrote:Does steam allow multiple installs? I've always used my disc for GTR2, GTL and installed once then save that as an untouched so when I want a new install I copy it over to my game drive, especially GTL due to starforce on the original disc. As for rF, I've always used a cracked version as I've always had 10-15 different installs on my system at any one time. I've never even installed my steam copy ever. I know I own GTR2 and I believe GTL on steam as well but never installed those thru steam as I've had the disc versions as well

Hi

Unless you specifically want Steam convert  GTR2 Steam into a standalone.
Make a backup of it in archives as suggested above.
You can run as many copies as you like.

In GTR2 Essentials Tutorial I use a fresh Steam as example to make a  standalone version
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you want a fresh start GTR2 Essentials gives you 100s of combos of the best "misc mods" and will load them in seconds. You can find at Nogrip in GTR2 downloads / misc  files

Any Steam folder or any standalone sim folder will work on any new OS, at most you will have to run config.exe again and set admin and compat modes.

As mentioned above in another post  if you don't set admin to config.exe it will make config.ini in documents not in GTR2 then when you try to start GTR2 it does not find it and loops back to the config.exe

Optional After running config.exe open config.ini in notepad
With alot of GPU and early  gmotor  titles they  will set OBJ and TEX levels lower as they do not read memory and vram amount correctly.
If either is set lower then =3 when you increase the sliders in GTR2 graphics  menu they will change colour
By setting both to =3  they wont....as most everyone these days has a GPU capable of running GTR2 at max.
With later nvidia drivers as long as you use same version in each OS you do not have to run config.exe even

You can set memory and video to correct levels however it will not matter either way.

For GTL, GTR2 and rF I actually use what AMS sets which is 4092 memory  and 3671  VRam which is correct for a GTX970 as they only give 3.5GB vram

Fresh GTR2
Patch v1.1   / 4GB Patched NOCD    ( US,  EU  or Steam )
LOBBY PATCH

For Nvidia Inspector you can use saved profiles from any OS if you have any.
If not I can upload mine for gmotor assuming hardware matches .

I use RunAFF in both W7 and W10 gmotor
People have conflicting views
I find it does help a little to run 100 cars at 4K with many apps open

Last edited by Durge Driven on 12/12/2016, 10:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Peter Krahe - Sydney, AUSTRALIA
DurgeDriven "DD"
Durge Driven
Durge Driven

Back to top Go down

Post  Hulk1983 12/12/2016, 14:56

I do have Win10 and no Problems at all playing GTR2 or any other old game.
I always run installs and games as administrator.
I do install every single Win10 update or patch and i never had any problems with that.

It's strange that some people have problems and some don't.

Greetings from Germany

Christian Müller
Hulk1983
Hulk1983

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down