European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Can't exit AMS1
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:28 by Leen-q

» From the Netherlands
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:22 by Leen-q

» No wheels in cockpitview when driving singleseaters
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 05:27 by Illy26

» introduce
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
GTR 3 possible or only a dream? I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

GTR 3 possible or only a dream?

+2
Reinhard Berger
LeMansDriver22
6 posters

Go down

GTR 3 possible or only a dream? Empty GTR 3 possible or only a dream?

Post  LeMansDriver22 31/8/2014, 10:17

Hello,

years ago Simbin released that there will be a follower of GTR 2 -> GTR 3. Some screenshots followed and one website with sound and pictures. But then no news were published.
In July or August this year Simbin made a insolvency proceedings. So my question: Can I hope that it will comes out in the coming years under Simbin or an other studio if Simbin sales their rights of the GTR line? Does anyone knows something more about?

If GTR 3 won't release, I will race on with GTR 2 or an other game like rFactor/2, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars or Raceroom (Simbin) but as I am a fan of GTR line I would chose GTR 3, if I have the possibillity (but at the moment only a dream).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Greeting Philipp
LeMansDriver22
LeMansDriver22

Back to top Go down

GTR 3 possible or only a dream? Empty Re: GTR 3 possible or only a dream?

Post  Reinhard Berger 31/8/2014, 21:00

hello phillip,

GTR3 as a standalone game (or what name is for this) will not come, the old GT class is dead (what was in GTR1 and GTR2) and so a GTR3 as a update from GTR2 with modern grafic, perhaps little improved physics (but GTR2 physics is perfect for online racing already, or at least nearly), better sound, dynamic track rubber (like rf2), working changeable weather without a addon programm needed, better online netcode and better AI cars (and perhaps other little improve and 2014 standard) will not come, but this is what most people do wish, a modern, updated GTR2.
so NO GTR3 if you will like this.

but simbin (or what new name will be) make a actual GT series, think name is ADAC GT masters and will come soon in raceroom plattform, so i think (nearly sure) that all next racegames will be based on raceroom plattform, which you can buy then via steam, this ADAC GT masters will be for sure the closest thing to what we all would call ...GTR3..

the raceroom game is still not finished, no AI cars for offline career championships and no online for normal people, but i did read soon will come this 2 things and then we see show good raceroom (and the addon games for raceroom, like DTM or ADAC gt masters) will be.

so if you are a fan of GT car racing, then i would wait for raceroom ADAC GT masters (perhaps you can buy this ADAC GT masters via DVD too, not sure).

actual (for me) raceroom game is not much interested as only hotlapping it is, but if multiplayer (and single player modus) comes, it can be very interesting racegame, as i like how the cars do drive already.

servus

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
my realname is Reinhard Berger
my online name is Reinhard Berger or Berger R - 74

Reinhard Berger

Back to top Go down

Post  LeMansDriver22 1/9/2014, 17:24

Thanks!
My hope is that it will comes out as standalone, but what you wrote and what you can find out in the internet sounds obvious! As package of raceroom is the well most possibility.

I'm quite curious of the ADAC GT masters experience. Some videos of it are on youtube and it looks good!

Greeting Philipp
LeMansDriver22
LeMansDriver22

Back to top Go down

Post  yuca 9/9/2014, 19:57

i must admit, as much i like AC, i am loosing faith in PCars, RR has its qualities.
But in the actual company structure (and targets) of simbin it is first a cash cow and i dont like to be forced buying extra cars / skins.

In the moment RRE will open up for modding i am here to pay the full price.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yuca
yuca

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 17/12/2014, 16:06

Unfortunately, I do believe Simbin (now Sector 3 Studios) will probably never release GTR 3. The company does seem to be gradually moving over to the free-to-play games, and it does not seem that they are developing any other game other than R3E. I dislike the free-to play model that Simbin is using, and I feel like they should have worked it in a way where you pay for the game once, and it comes with all the skins, tracks, and everything, and then there are free or fairly cheap updates, or even some integration with the steam workshop, so that modder's content could possibly be added into the game by Sector 3.

Also, Sector 3 removed the GTR3 preview page . Maybe due to budget cuts, or maybe it means something. We cannot enjoy the melody of those engines anymore...

(It's still on youtube though)

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 17/12/2014, 17:17

After the restructuring, Sector 3 has has done very good work in R3E. The pricing has been revamped and the DTM (90's pack announced) WTCC and ADAC GT content released has been very impressive IMHO. Plus, they're one of the few that still look to bring fully licenced series rather than just random manufacturers/tracks, which at one time was the standard for the sim market. The multiplayer, even in alpha, is pretty solid and dedicated servers are on their way.

It's not GTR3 but it's the closest to it from all the competitors.

Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru 18/12/2014, 01:41

R3E is what was previewed as GTR3, but I think they've done the right thing in taking it in a different direction (although I think they should have kept the 'Race' brand personally).

It might not be all things to all people, but the game that it is is very enjoyable with GTs or touring cars (haven't tried DTM yet) and they're a transparent team being very open about what they're doing. Problem is no modding support but what is there is good.

Rodger Davies  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @rodger_davies
dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  II_Hylander 18/12/2014, 02:29

theravenousbeast wrote:After the restructuring, Sector 3 has has done very good work in R3E. The pricing has been revamped and the DTM (90's pack announced) WTCC and ADAC GT content released has been very impressive IMHO. Plus, they're one of the few that still look to bring fully licenced series rather than just random manufacturers/tracks, which at one time was the standard for the sim market. The multiplayer, even in alpha, is pretty solid and dedicated servers are on their way.

It's not GTR3 but it's the closest to it from all the competitors.
I agree with everything thats being said here. It needs some touching up but its pretty damn good already

Adam Hyland
II_Hylander
II_Hylander

Back to top Go down

Post  dodge33cymru 23/12/2014, 00:04

Unfortunately, they have closed the Ruble loophole that allowed you to get everything for half the advertised price.

Rodger Davies  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @rodger_davies
dodge33cymru
dodge33cymru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 23/12/2014, 00:30

dodge33cymru wrote:Unfortunately, they have closed the Ruble loophole that allowed you to get everything for half the advertised price.

And rightly so, good developers shouldn't get robbed through loopholes.

Nenad Kasapov

My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast 26/12/2014, 21:54

DTM 1992 car pack was released today...and it is f***ing AWESOME. Servers are full of people, it almost reminds me of GTR2 back in its heyday.

Nenad Kasapov

My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum