European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Super Touring Mod OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE

+29
suti
pimmy
dbstreet
bernie91
Alessio_F1
theravenousbeast
ernie2492
CrivitzChris
eurostc
alexmezza
GT Fan 8899
ChaosZero
oldman
Maxellero
RemusRacing
toto090369
simonracer
Jarodparker
Philipp3112
skeno
matteo1974
Cheeveer
Markano97
intelpower
GTP_furinkazen
baika
Nebehr
simspeed_racing
Crimson764
33 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 Empty Re: Super Touring Mod OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Post  GTP_furinkazen 1/5/2016, 23:00

Found a CTD on an Audi 80. Unsure which one however.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Super Touring Mod  OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Page 6 Empty Re: Super Touring Mod OLD VERSION NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Post  eurostc 1/5/2016, 23:06

Maybe 3 new Threads.............#1 for actually released mods/updates

#2 for actual track updates /releases

#3 W.I.P. work in progress.................

Very Happy cause man.........................I 'm lost..................... Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marc Majnes
eurostc
eurostc

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 1/5/2016, 23:28

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Found a CTD on an Audi 80. Unsure which one however.

Is it from the 1996 procar?
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 1/5/2016, 23:51

Markano97 wrote:

Yup #22.

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 2/5/2016, 00:30

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
Markano97 wrote:

Yup #22.

I'll have a look and see what's wrong.
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 2/5/2016, 10:31

For those working on the HSTCC car set, the 2000 Yvan Muller Vauxhall Vectra has returned to the track this past weekend thanks to Colin Noble.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 2/5/2016, 14:51

Is the ASTC car set complete or are more to be added?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 2/5/2016, 15:18

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Is the ASTC car set complete or are more to be added?

I will soon start on the 1996 season.Simon i think will do the remaining 1997 cars.
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 2/5/2016, 15:33

Markano97 wrote:

I will soon start on the 1996 season.Simon i think will do the remaining 1997 cars.

Unless my maths fail me there are a couple missing from the 1998 car set. 23 in the mod, 26 individual cars on Wikipedia listed? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Similar for 99 I think as well? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 2/5/2016, 16:08

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
Markano97 wrote:

Unless my maths fail me there are a couple missing from the 1998 car set. 23 in the mod, 26 individual cars on Wikipedia listed? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Similar for 99 I think as well? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well from 1999 the playboy car is missing and for good reason.The livery is a nightmare.I'm not going to include it in my 1998 Bathurst 1000 skinpack either. Sad
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 2/5/2016, 16:19

Trevor Sheumack was drove a third Audi at the final but other than that they all drove in existing cars. I didn't make this pack and I don't really want to get into adding extra drivers.
1999 is the same the missing drivers all shared drives apart from the playboy BMW which I decided I couldn't paint accurately enough, like Markano says its a nightmare to paint.
1997 will have a few shared cars missing too, I usually just go for the highest scoring car in those cases. All the bodies are now skinned so just some windows and wheels to sort.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 2/5/2016, 20:47

simspeed_racing wrote:Trevor Sheumack was drove a third Audi at the final but other than that they all drove in existing cars. I didn't make this pack and I don't really want to get into adding extra drivers.
1999 is the same the missing drivers all shared drives apart from the playboy BMW which I decided I couldn't paint accurately enough, like Markano says its a nightmare to paint.
1997 will have a few shared cars missing too, I usually just go for the highest scoring car in those cases. All the bodies are now skinned so just some windows and wheels to sort.

Great news.Looking forward to the skinpack Very Happy
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 2/5/2016, 21:08

isn't it possible to simply rip  from real photos and put it on skin ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is how some skins were done by VLM, the 1985 Sauber of bassler for example
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  CrivitzChris 2/5/2016, 22:05

intelpower wrote:isn't it possible to simply rip  from real photos and put it on skin ?

While it is possible, the results don't look great. You need the perfect straight on shots in order to do it. But sometimes the mapping of the car will distort your photo, the photo will not be high rez enough or there will be some inaccuracies with the model that will not allow it. I have used photos as a template before, to get lines or logos in a general area, but haven't had good enough quality to be able to use them on a final livery. With as many pictures I've taken of the Effort Racing PWC Porsche's I do wish there was a way to do it LOL!

Chris Lesperance - CrivitzChris

CrivitzChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeveer 3/5/2016, 09:54

You're saying you don't want to "research" from which Playboy photo shoot that came from? Laughing
Cheeveer
Cheeveer

Back to top Go down

Post  ernie2492 3/5/2016, 11:29

And my laptop is broken. So I wouldn't be able to test this..

Arnold Triyudho
ernie2492
ernie2492

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza 3/5/2016, 12:59

Cheeveer wrote:You're saying you don't want to "research" from which Playboy photo shoot that came from? Laughing

Maybe here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeveer 3/5/2016, 16:22

alexmezza wrote:
Cheeveer wrote:You're saying you don't want to "research" from which Playboy photo shoot that came from? Laughing

Maybe here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Victoria Silvstedt, July 1999. That was easy.
Cheeveer
Cheeveer

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 3/5/2016, 17:24

So after many hours of testing I have decided that the BMW won't have the updated tyre file I said about instead it will use a NGT tyre replacing the current GT1 tyre.
The  GT1 tyre in current versions of the mod is too fast, however much testing of the WTCC tyre (which matched the FWD car uses) has not gone well with the car consistently 2-3 seconds off the pace in the AI's hands.
This tyre is still too fast but its only minor and some speed can be taken off with AI grip in the .TYR file,  BHP or as a last resort weight.
Testing the 1995 cars with no talent files here is the AI times:

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 3/5/2016, 20:28

Is it my imagination or did someone release here a while back a STCC track pack? Question

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 3/5/2016, 20:42

There is a full pack or the individually here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 3/5/2016, 20:46

simspeed_racing wrote:There is a full pack or the individually  here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

THank you, I have noticed the 1998 season apparently had reverse grid race 2's, top 6 I think...

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker 4/5/2016, 03:03

simspeed_racing wrote:So after many hours of testing I have decided that the BMW won't have the updated tyre file I said about instead it will use a NGT tyre replacing the current GT1 tyre.  
The  GT1 tyre in current versions of the mod is too fast, however much testing of the WTCC tyre (which matched the FWD car uses) has not gone well with the car consistently 2-3 seconds off the pace in the AI's hands.
This tyre is still too fast but its only minor and some speed can be taken off with AI grip in the .TYR file,  BHP or as a last resort weight.
Testing the 1995 cars with no talent files here is the AI times:

I work on tyre Smile

You are right for the AIgripmulti but I have find the alone problem with tire is the hard compound for FWD. I have test the fastest with human (me ...)  at Spa 2003 and that is the result :

4WD with soft tire

RWD with soft tire

FWD with soft tire

FWD with hard tire

No setup for all car, just 17L for fuel and I have change the inertia of BMW in the .hdc for the same inertia of BMW M3 GTR because for me it's not possible RWD have the same inertia of 4WD.

The big problem is we need a new hard tire for FWD but I work on it based on the soft tire because I find the feeling of soft tire is more realistic.

Another problem is the radius because RWD and 4WD are so much top speed on FWD and the radius of slick intermediate compound is different of soft and hard compound. I think hard and soft compound in 0.315 in for the radius.

For the FWD tire, the problem of radius is hard and soft compound aren't the same tyre. Topspeed with soft : 238km/h, topspeed with hard : 247. I think the radius of soft compound is too small (0.305) and need to be changed for 0.315.

If you want when I have finish my working of tire, I give you the .tyr and you test it ?
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing 4/5/2016, 11:07

I have made a lot of changes already with the tyres, engines  and handling of the cars so your tests are in some ways irrelevant to the new version that is coming. However I will increase the radius and match it for all tyres. If its too low or high the tyres will appear to float or be sunken in the ground

The FWD tyre in version 6.4 uses slip curves from a GT car  -  the only reason I included it was because some people didn't like the handling of the soft tyre. It has too much grip and I never use it.  
The problem with the RWD  was getting a (soft) tyre that both handled well and worked well with the AI. I think I have now solved that problem.

I am considering just using a set of tyres that I know work well but only have a slick and a wet compound.

The 4WD has had a complete overhaul and it now handles more like it should, much less understeer and if you give it too much power you can get the back end out. Inertia settings have also been changes for all drivetrains.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 4/5/2016, 11:16

simspeed_racing wrote:I have made a lot of changes already with the tyres, engines  and handling of the cars so your tests are in some ways irrelevant to the new version that is coming. However I will increase the radius and match it for all tyres. If its too low or high the tyres will appear to float  or be sunken in the ground

The FWD tyre in version 6.4 uses slip curves from a GT car  -  the only reason I included it was because some people didn't like the handling of the soft tyre. It has too much grip and I never use it.  
The problem with the RWD  was getting a (soft) tyre that both handled well and worked well with the AI. I think I have now solved that problem.

I am considering just using a set of tyres that I know work well but only have a slick and a wet compound.

The 4WD has had a complete overhaul and it now handles more like it should, much less understeer and if you give it too much power you can get the back end out. Inertia settings have also been changes for all drivetrains.

Torque stab still the same? Often a major factor in AI stability. Idea

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next