European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite (type) of corner??

+6
Crimson764
GT Fan 8899
Maxellero
theravenousbeast
II_Hylander
ThatAudiFan
10 posters

Go down

What is your favorite (type) of corner?? Empty What is your favorite (type) of corner??

Post  ThatAudiFan Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 19:00

So we've had a lot of "What is your favorite..." topics, but a little while ago I was thinking about my favorite tracks to race on, and why it is that way. For me normally that is a track with some specific types of corners in it. That way a new question was born: "What is your favorite (type) of corner?" I thought it would be fun to make a topic about it and here your answers, since we're all here because we love racing What a Face

I think that for myself I have to answer the question with chicanes. I don't know why, but for some reason I absolutely love chicanes. So when I see a track with a chicane in it, I immediatly feel like trying out the track. I guess I like chicanes because it's a type of corner you really have to get right, because normally it will either give you a good top speed and / or an overtaking oppertunity, as a lot of chicanes are normally just before or just after a long straight. I also love it when it's a bit more of a "high-speed chicane", like the chicane in Montreal or the chicanes at Enna Pergusa, because they seem to be even harder to get completely right, and if you make one little mistake, it could easily be the end of your race in both cases Smile
There are a couple of chicanes I don't really like though, one being the Busstop at Spa. Problem for me there is that the turning radius of the corners are to big, which makes it feel a bit more like two small hairpins to me rather than a chicane Wink

I'm curious to read what you guys have to tell about corners!! Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Harm Roelofs
ThatAudiFan
ThatAudiFan

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite (type) of corner?? Empty Re: What is your favorite (type) of corner??

Post  II_Hylander Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 2:52

Its tough question for me personally, because there are certain types of the same corner I'll like on one track but not on others. For example the kink in Road America is absolutely fun but the similar corner at the Adelaide street circuit though a bit slower I like but not as much.

I guess the Chicanes at Montreal are really fun and of course all the off camber corners at the Nurburgring are a blast to. Oh and Eau Rouge you either push to hard and have a big upset or you back off and know where near as fast on the straight, Eau Rouge just causes you to be constantly consistent.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Adam Hyland
II_Hylander
II_Hylander

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite (type) of corner?? Empty Re: What is your favorite (type) of corner??

Post  theravenousbeast Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 18:56

My favorites are corners that flow well one after another. Example: Suzuka's first section, parts of Zandvoort. I have a knack of nailing these even though I'm definitely not the smoothest driver, dunno why. Also, I love that I can sort of change my racing line to set up an overtake even though it's a fairly tight line.
I think this is because hard braking has never been my strong suit and I've learned to gain time through cornering. Plus, driving FWDs a lot helps, because you'll understeer if you mess up even slightly through these kinds of corners.

Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxellero Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 19:13

I really like corners with big elevation changes like Corkscrew, Eau Rouge, Hairpin on Okayama or mountain section on Bathurst, I also like corners with blind or very late apex like Portimao corner on Algarve. In short - if more challenging corner, more I like it Smile

Lukasz Pala [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maxellero
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 20:35

The best tracks for me are Bathurst and Oschersleben I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 21:05

I like the norisring. Short and good fight.

And for endurance i prefer Paul Ricard  bounce

Oté la Réunion kosa i di o toi?

Back to top Go down

Post  GT Fan 8899 Mon 28 Sep 2015 - 17:46

My favourite type of corners, are highspeed chicanes.
The type you can go through on top speeds...

Like the one in Oschersleben or the ones on Enna-Pergusia.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ermis Chachoglou
GT Fan 8899
GT Fan 8899

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtTsYSMopmxGCFM3MmhN81w

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 29 Sep 2015 - 1:10

Well, my absolute favourite type of corners are the extremly tight hairpins like at Long Beach or whereelse you can run only at about 40 kph. But overall it's more a question of the type of track, wether they make fun or not. For example that fictional track Piddy SH from Neel Jani is absolutely awesome with all its up- and downhill superfast turns or Watkins Glen. Same for Laguna Seca. Most important thing for me is that corners don't break the rythm of the track like the Mercedes Arena on the Nurburgring or the final part of Catalunya made in 2007. But overall: Very tight hairpins and fast smooth corners.

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 11:48

My favourite type of corners, are those on street tracks where you can run your car up close to the barriers. That feeling of playing Russian Roulette just gets me stoked every time, especially with a car that is set up just right. Real life examples of this, would be Tabac at Monaco, Turn 6 at Long Beach and just about any of the 90 degree corners on narrow street tracks. Although, taking Eau Rouge flat, also gives me the same feeling.

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Crimson764
Crimson764

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxellero Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 13:55

Crimson764 wrote:My favourite type of corners, are those on street tracks where you can run your car up close to the barriers. That feeling of playing Russian Roulette just gets me stoked every time, especially with a car that is set up just right. Real life examples of this, would be Tabac at Monaco, Turn 6 at Long Beach and just about any of the 90 degree corners on narrow street tracks. Although, taking Eau Rouge flat, also gives me the same feeling.

None of corners will give you so intense feeling like taking Mandarin bend on Macau flat out lol!

Maxellero
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  paki-dti Mon 5 Oct 2015 - 17:49

every corner on red bull ring

Pavle Dokic     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
paki-dti
paki-dti

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 28 Oct 2015 - 8:37

Any kind of corner that requires cutting into the kerb to maximize track width

like Spa' Eau Rouge

Back to top Go down

Post  resst Wed 28 Oct 2015 - 14:05

Love The cockscrew on Laguna Seca... Twisted Evil

Mara Tri Suteja
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
resst
resst

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite (type) of corner?? Empty Big sweepy full speed!

Post  Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015 - 8:42

I like the big sweeping bends like the one in Buenes Aires where you can keep good speed up round the whole corner, but still need to get your position exactly right or you come out wrong and end up all over the place - looks easy by actually takes quite a bit of skill to take it flat out.......I'm still new to racing so not very insightful, but I do like that corner.

On the opposite side, I hate corners that start wide and tighten up at the end........Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxellero Sun 15 Nov 2015 - 16:08

Natbud12 wrote:On the opposite side, I hate corners that start wide and tighten up at the end........Sad
When you will learn trail braking technique you will find those corners are one of best corners ever. Very good example is turn 14 on Sepang.

Maxellero
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Nov 2015 - 16:33

Le Mans : les esses de la forêt just before the right to enter in the Hunaudières
Spa : le raidillon

Back to top Go down

Post  shantanudeb.sxuk Mon 2 Jan 2023 - 6:55

Very good question... well, the answer is simple: I like any corner which I can attack, especially fast sweeping corners!

Favorite Circuits:
1. Le Mans (Porsche Curves & Maison Blanche)
2. Spa-Francorchamps (Eau Rouge & Blanchimont)
3. Silverstone (Copse, Maggots, Beckets, Chapel & Stowe)
4. Suzuka (Esses, Dunlop, Degner & 130R)
5. Road Atlanta (Esses)
6. Istanbul Park (T1, T2, T3 & Diabolica)
7. Interlagos (Senna S, Descida do Lago, Ferraradura, Laranjinha & Subida do Boxes)

...just to name a few!
shantanudeb.sxuk
shantanudeb.sxuk

Back to top Go down

Post  yuca Wed 5 Apr 2023 - 17:01

i like the tight ones in Suzuka and Brands Hatch

dont like the one in Imola

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yuca
yuca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down