European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Need some advice about internet I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Need some advice about internet

2 posters

Go down

Need some advice about internet Empty Need some advice about internet

Post  skylinemanning 25/1/2014, 21:21

Hi guys, I need some help. As some of you know I have moved to a new place and I have been without a decent internet connection to join you all on Sunday nights. The current wireless connection I use (which is rubbish) runs out next week so i need to set my own internet up. The problem is that I cant afford the super fast internet like BT infinty, is the standard internet speed (16mb i think) good enough for online gaming without any lagging? If some EEC's UK members could offer some help and maybe recommend a good provider that would be great Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
skylinemanning
skylinemanning
EEC Team

http://www.skylineskins.com

Back to top Go down

Need some advice about internet Empty Re: Need some advice about internet

Post  Guest 25/1/2014, 21:30

As long as you have a consistent, stable connection (preferably hard wired) then you shouldn't have any problems. Remember GTR2 was released before super fast fibre optic broadband was available in most places. If you're getting 16mb download speeds you should be more than able to be back on the grid.

Back to top Go down

Post  steviejb 25/1/2014, 21:53

My connection is 18 down and 1 up and I can stream and play online, so that should be absolutely fine. Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stephen Bailey
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
steviejb
steviejb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 25/1/2014, 21:58

James if you can remember how my car behaves online my net is 5mb down, 1mb up and I'm in Brazil.
16 and in UK (where the server is if I'm not mistaken)? You are fine  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 26/1/2014, 12:22

Are you using satellite or cable tv? We have Sky and got their net service when it became available in our area, never had a problem with it and it's pretty cheap.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 26/1/2014, 13:54

Guys, don't take those maximum numbers as measure of quality.

My connection is 4.5Mbps download and 0.45Mbps upload. As you can see, it isn't fast.

What you want is stable connection. And how good connection is you can't know until you try it. It depends on how many people are on the wire and how greedy is your ISP - you know, they're selling the same wire to more people they should and sometimes that becomes obvious when your connection becomes unstable or slow.

Good way to go is - "do you know an ISP that sells internet connection which works fluently all the time" Smile

Max numbers are used for pricing. There is the very same wire behind it, you just pay extra money for (sometimes) faster connection. When it is slow, it is slow no matter how much you paid for it  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 26/1/2014, 15:54

I drove online here (and in IMT) with a 600kbps internet before this one I have now. Never had lags and people didn't see me with lags either, so yeah if it's stable you'll be fine and I think the server is in UK what helps a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post  skylinemanning 9/2/2014, 11:35

Thanks a lot for your help guys, I will be back online on the 11th with an engineering coming to install a new phone line in my bedroom so i can return on Sunday nights. According to my new provider my estimated speed will be 2.6mb. Looking forward to racing again, so much so that I have ordered myself a 'little' treat to start the 2014 season with. All will be revealed soon, I hope Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
skylinemanning
skylinemanning
EEC Team

http://www.skylineskins.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down