European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 10:18 am by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 1:42 am by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2024 8:59 pm by Orteva

» South East
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2024 1:42 am by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 2:11 pm by hundo

» introduce
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 10:04 pm by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 7:12 pm by GRtoyotafan2

Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel?

Go down

Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? Empty Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:34 am

I'm in the market looking for a good, reliable wheel. I managed to narrow it down to these two wheels but if there is something than these two, I would like to know. So, the question is, which one is better?

Back to top Go down

Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? Empty Re: Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel?

Post  harvestmouse Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:58 pm

I have a fanatech wheel, and I'm not 100% happy with the feeling I get with GTR2, and there was a lot of setting up as well. I have heard that the Logitech is much better suited to GTR2. So if your main reason is to play this game, I'd probably consider the Logitech.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel? Empty Re: Logitech G27 or Fanatech Porsche 911 V2 Wheel?

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:04 am

I have the G27 which I purchased about 13mths ago. I chose it as it was the best
fit for me from a $ standpoint and it came with the demo for Arfactor. I was quite
excited about that as my only prior recent wheel experience was using a Microcrap
wheel I bought to play Forza with. I then found out that there was an adapter available
to make the wheel work for pc racing games as well and jumped in to the Simbin
games to which, GTR EVO was the newest at the time. Once it died, I bought the
G27. Now, with the Arfactor loaded up, I found I was unable to completely remove
the lag in the wheel's reactions to my inputs. This for me, made it impossible to use
for Arfactor to which I was hugely disappointed as it seemed to have by far the best
mods and tracks! The G27 with all of the Simbin series is excellent although, keep in
mind, I have nothing to compare it to. At the time I bought mine, it was $299 and I
believe this still holds true although you'd be best to shop around. The Fanatec wheel
was closer to $600 at that time so you can see the obvious price advantage plus, I
don't believe the 6spd shifter came with it at that price either whereas, a 6spd shifter
came with the G27 I believe there are more upgradeable options with the Fanatec that
would make it far superior but, it all depends on what you're after. Me, I can live without
the feedback in the pedals and honestly, I hardly ever use the shifter anymore. I might
use it more if I had a more realistic placement for it, but currently, it is mounted just
to the right of the wheel and completely unnatural. Further to not using it is the ffb in
the wheel itself being so strong that without 2 hands on the wheel, maintaining control
comes in to play. I realize that I could lower the feedback but then that ruins the overall
effect. So, because of the control issue requiring both hands, I just use the paddles.

At the end of the day, your $$ and what you want out of it will decide for you.

cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:50 am

Thanks for the replies, it looks like a G27 is the best way to go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down