European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
Controller setup I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Controller setup I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Controller setup I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Controller setup I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Controller setup I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Controller setup I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Controller setup I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Controller setup I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Controller setup I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

Controller setup

2 posters

Go down

Controller setup Empty Controller setup

Post  skylinemanning 15/2/2015, 10:15

Hi guys,

am really struggling to get to grips with the handling of GSC, it seems every car I drive it ends up with me spinning out both at high speed/ low speed everywhere! I have yet to be able to do consistant lap times on any track and messing around with the cars setup doesn't seem to be having any effect. Am using my G25 and am curious as to how many degrees of rotation people are using?

Cheers

J

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Controller setup Eec_si13
skylinemanning
skylinemanning
EEC Team

http://www.skylineskins.com

Back to top Go down

Controller setup Empty Re: Controller setup

Post  PATR10T 15/2/2015, 10:19

360 with a dfgt , ingame 360 and on profiler 360

working good ^^

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Controller setup V1
Controller setup Unbena12 Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 15/2/2015, 12:10

Check this out:
http://game-stockcar.com.br/faq-2/?lang=en

What is the right Steering Wheel configuration for these cars?

In the CONTROLS menu there are presets for many of the popular steering wheels on the market. Those are the best base settings for the Game, though you might prefer mapping buttons to your own preference.
The game and the default car setups are suitable to 270 degrees of rotation, adequate to the standards of most game controllers. With a proper steering wheel, you can achieve a more realistic steering ratio setting wheel rotation to 540 degrees and a steering lock (located in the in-game garage Menu) around 20-22 degrees.

These settings should work well for all cars in the sims except for the kart – these demand steering rotation set to 180-220º .
Make sure to also update the
“steering wheel range=”

parameter accordingly in your profile´s controller.ini, so that the in-game wheel rotation match that of your controller.

I'm using 540° rotation and the recommended steering lock for this.

Also keep in mind that those cars react pretty sensitive to your input. It's fairly easy to spin and what helps most is to start with some fairly careful driving, meaning to brake really early, being careful on the gas and on the steering. When I drove the Stockcars the first time, I spun in almost every corner until I did it that way.
Those Original Cars work pretty sensitive on ride height and packers as well, most of them you can adjust by just these two setup points. Overall they should be very well to drive at standard setup. Braking deep into the corners is working much different than in GTR2. This you basically got to re-learn.
For Setup Hints and Tipps you should checkout the Racedepartment Forum. There you get a lot of useful information.

Back to top Go down

Post  PATR10T 15/2/2015, 12:12

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/game-stock-car-extreme.77/

here you can find a lot more infos too, racedepartment is the "official" reiza forum Wink

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-set-up-your-steering-wheel-for-gsc-extreme.100889/#post-1935158

reiza wrote:Steering wheel alignment with in-game wheels & eliminating steering lag

To match your steering rotation with the in-game steering wheel rotation, just make sure your wheel rotation setting in CONTROLS menu matches your controller setting - be that 180, 270, 540, 900 or whatever - this setting affects the in-game graphical steering wheel rotation only. If the controller setting and this in-game setting are the same, both graphical and controller wheels steering position will match 1:1.

If the controller setting and in-game steering wheel rotation are the same but they are still not aligning all the time or lagging, check that:

- steering help is switched off;
- speed sensitivity slider in CONTROLS > CONTROLLER 2 menu is at 0%;
- your FPS performance is over 60 FPS;
- VSync is switched off.

Setting up the correct steering ratio

For controlling the car you also need to ensure the steering ratio is correct. This is the ratio between your controller steering rotation and in-game steering lock (the maximum angle the front wheels will turn, set from the Garage menu).

Default steering lock for all cars is 14 degrees, which is suitable for 270º of steering rotation from your controller. You can achieve better & more realistic steering ratio by setting steering rotation & steering lock as below:

-For the formula cars, MR18 and the StockV8s, set your controller rotation to 450-540 degrees, and steering lock to 18-24 degrees;

-For the Camaro, Opala and Mini set steering rotation to 900º, and steering lock to 30-33 degrees;

-For the karts, set steering to 180º, keeping default steering lock of 16 degrees.

Keep in mind that the steering rotation that is relevant to steering ratio is from your controller profile - the steering rotation you can set from the CONTROLS menu is just for the graphical steering wheel.

Future updates

We are working on introducing automatic steering ratio adjustment for all cars, it´s not present in v1.25 yet but should be in for the next version. When that comes all you´ll need to do is set your wheel rotation to your controller rotation - say if you have 900º, you will set steering rotation in-game also to 900º, and the game will take care of adjusting the proper available rotation & ratio per car. If you have a steering wheel with limited rotation (say 270 degrees like the Thrustmaster T100), you will be be able to set the game up for that rotation and it will also adjust steering ratio accordingly.

Force Feedback settings

(to be added)

Controller setup V1
Controller setup Unbena12 Daniel Ludwig
PATR10T
PATR10T
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 15/2/2015, 12:22

Here are a few setups I've done for the Formula Reiza Cars and Stockcars:

Spa 3.0 Formula Reiza: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yoyu5ix8jg3c6u/Formula%20Reiza%20Spa%203.svm?dl=0
Sepang Formula Reiza: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mijyir9wegrnm2g/Formula%20Reiza%20Sepang.svm?dl=0
Montreal Stockcar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/55cvqrv123kjodt/Stockcar%20Montreal.svm?dl=0
Spielberg Stockcar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8je8xlaznaxq2j/Stockcar%20Spielberg.svm?dl=0

The both Formula Reiza Setups are proven in online races btw. They are very fast, won on both tracks with it, very well driveable. Sometimes a base setup might help. On the Stockcars the Steering Lock just isn't asdjusted to the 540° Rotation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down