European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» introduce
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
BES mod, slippery!? I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

BES mod, slippery!?

Go down

BES mod, slippery!? Empty BES mod, slippery!?

Post  Guest 25/6/2013, 16:14

First of all, THANK YOU FOR THIS MOD! (I think chaos made it judging from his blog??)

I'd like to start by saying this is an incredible mod, the detail in the cars and compiled tracks is quite amazing. However, i'm having a problem with the amount of grip i have.

I'm having a really hard time keeping up with the ai in gtr2 using the bes mod (in fact, i can't keep up), down to the fact i can't pull out of a corner nearly as fast as they do without losing the back end. in gtr evolution i always played with all aids off with ai at 110 % and the ai would always put up realistic times across the board, and races were always very competitive and fun with them.

however in gtr2 with all aids off the ai (120%) is not only faster than me, but i had to spend some time editing the track files to get the ai to do realistic times on the modded versions of spa and monza (attached to the bes mod). they were travelling SLOWER than real life speeds on spa (which i still couldn't keep up with), and faster on monza! needless to say, the ai times are true to life on simbin's versions of these tracks with the bes mod. very puzzling. is anyone else experiencing this?

i haven't had time to test the bes mod while actually driving simbin's tracks for myself, but will do so soon to see if i feel any difference between the grip on their tracks and the grip on the modded tracks. 

i know that is a lot to take in, but the real question: Does anyone else find the bes cars slippery? and can anyone here manage high 2.18s on the modded version of spa provided with the bes mod using these cars?

to note: using medium slicks front back, using full angle on the wing for max downforce. tweaked ai files to natural values (via vondutch ai guide). will play around with wheel settings  more (g27), possible steering lock problem?

Back to top Go down

BES mod, slippery!? Empty Re: BES mod, slippery!?

Post  Guest 25/6/2013, 16:40

Why are you running full wing on Spa and Monza? This is your first problem. lol!

Also may be possible that the default setups aren't the best. Spend some time in the garage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 25/6/2013, 17:05

yeah i'll tweak around with the car settings a bit more, the reason for the full wing was me trying to get some extra grip into the car! feels like it's on ice!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 25/6/2013, 20:34

First Question: Is that bad to be slower at Spa than in real? Sounds a bit like you're not happy about it.

Well, these physics were my first physics and we ran them in the league quite successful. I know the cars aren't easy to drive. They need some setup work and sometimes they need very untypical settings. Check the Setup and Driving Tipps Topic in GTR2 Miscs, this might be a help. The cars are relatively unbalanced compared to real data like having too much topspeed, too low aero, etc. But you still can have awesome races against the AI if you use one of the Tracks of the Trackpack (AI is adjusted on all tracks).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 26/6/2013, 06:07

Yeah was hoping to get it as close to real life as possible with the times, just because the speed would 'feel right'.

the physics are great actually, you guys have done a great job. what it feels like is the tyres don't have as much grip as they should, i don't think it's actually a problem with the physics. the cars feel like gt3 cars (stopping distance, braking power, acceleration etc) but they don't have as much grip as the real counterparts. it's a little too easy to lose the back end of the car, and i feel like i can't keep my foot planted on the power, where the drivers can in the real cars. i have to be too careful when accelerating out of corners.

thanks for the advice, i'll check it out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 26/6/2013, 06:24

It requires indeed some training to get quicker and safer with it. As we started our leagues, many new GT3 physics I've done which are nicely adapted by everyone. Not every GT3 Car is ready so far and the cars require some AI Adjustments for offline usage. Can't say how long it would take until we can release them. There's lots of work to do.

If you have a steering wheel, a good technique is to use brakes and gas at once to keep the cars stable in general. Alternate would be to use Splitter on 1 while using relatively high rear wing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum