European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Mini Cooper classic
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime4/5/2024, 06:02 by Leen-q

» Can't exit AMS1
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:28 by Leen-q

» From the Netherlands
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 11:22 by Leen-q

» No wheels in cockpitview when driving singleseaters
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime29/4/2024, 05:27 by Illy26

» introduce
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime25/4/2024, 01:18 by VitinKratos

» SuperGT GT300 2018-2019 3d Models
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime22/4/2024, 16:42 by vadhil

» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Hello from an old man from Brazil! I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

Hello from an old man from Brazil!

Go down

Hello from an old man from Brazil! Empty Hello from an old man from Brazil!

Post  josemj 11/1/2022, 01:10

Dear friends. My name is José Maioral Júnior, I am 63 years old, I was born and I live in Brazil. I have been visiting this site for many years, but only now, retired, that I can and intend to dedicate myself more to it. I am passionate about motorsport in general, although my biggest preference is the prototype sports and the 24 hours of Le Mans as the main race. My first contact with motorsport was when I was 10 years old (1968) when I bought a magazine called 4 Rodas and found in the final pages some pages about the Belgian GP in SPA. I still don't know how I got the name Ferrari, already as my favorite race car, and in this race there were among some photos, one of J. Ickx who was doing his first full year in F1, with a Ferrari and with the number 23. As you can see on my profile, 23 is my birthday and at that time it was my favorite number. Well, I had in front of me my favorite car with my favorite number and in the simplicity of my 10 years I adopted that driver as my idol immediately. Even though in the following races his car number changed (as was common at the time), my admiration for J. Ickx only increased over time, in particular because he drove for a long time for Ferrari and for his victories in the 24 hours of Le Mans, in particular that incredible one from 1969. In 1970 a new idol joined Ickx: Emerson Fittipaldi who, just two years before, I followed at Interlagos racing Formula V and touring cars. His F1 and F Indy titles only increased my admiration for him. To this day I don't know any faster career driver to arrive and win in F1 (less than 2 full years). Racing in Brazil with very simple cars, he arrived in Europe in early 1969 to race in Formula Ford and study at J. Russell's driving school. A few months later he moved to F3 and at the end of the same year he was the English F3 champion. He started 1970 with his F2 debut and in the middle of the year (June) he made his F1 debut at the British GP. At the end of this year he already won his first race (US GP). Regarding games, I have GTR2, rfactor 1 and 2, GT Legends and Race Evolution, but my favorite is GTR2. Unfortunately I'm not a Modder or Skinner, far from it. I just learned how to use Photoshop and I use it to change some existing skins to my personal taste, change numbers and decaques. Nothing professional and only for personal use as I do not participate in online races. I got to know EEC looking for Mods and Skins on the Internet thanks to GRID Mod, one of my favorites to this day. I would like to be a member because now, retired, I can dedicate myself more to the games that are my great passion as a hobby. My other interests are reading and foot racing (my much cheaper alternative to motorsport, as I've never been able to be a real racing driver). In the foot races I managed to reach the marathons (42km) and completed 29 of them. Unfortunately the current pandemic did not allow me to reach the thirtieth. One last aspect that I believe to be very particular in relation to most is that more than driving, what I like most is to hold a championship where I put myself as a mere assistant, and letting the game itself determine the results since I don't do the training, I start last, stop the car right after the start and go to the TV camera, thus watching the race unfold without my interference. In this aspect, the races of the 60's and 70's are the ones I like the most, as if I were reliving the past in the great idols of the past in full swing. That's it, thank you for your attention wishing you good health and happiness in this new year. Note: I'm using a translator and I apologize for possible errors.
josemj
josemj

Maxellero likes this post

Back to top Go down