European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Greetings from the UK I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

Greetings from the UK

2 posters

Go down

Greetings from the UK Empty Greetings from the UK

Post  Guest 25/3/2021, 08:51

Hi there,

Name's Alex, I'm presently 23, and I'm situtated in the North East of England (Hull to be precise). Perhaps the first sim racer I ever played was the original Toca Touring Car Championship for the PS1, before I upgraded to the PS2 and played its successor titles, in addition to yearly entries from Formula 1, Indycar and WRC. The first sim I played on the PC was GTR2, and though I did move to RFactor at one point, constant mod incompatibilities, crashes and a general lack of mod customisation possibilities persuaded me to move back to GTR2, and by proxy, GTL.

Since then, I've played all of Papyrus' NASCAR and Indy titles, Project CARS 2 & Dirt Rally 2.0 on the PS4, all 4 of Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix titles, Sports Car GT (very old but unique in its own right) and Europress' Rally Championship, from the first 16-bit entry right through to Mobil 1 Rally Championship with its realistically sized stages (something which titles made 20+ years later still can't do), and of course RBR. Probably forgetting a title or two in there, but that's the bulk of what I've played.

I primarily mod arcade titles such as Need For Speed III/IV and Re-Volt (there's a couple examples on my YouTube channel) though I have made a few (not very good) private skins a long time ago. I heard about EEC when I performed a search for JGTC/Super GT mods for GTR2, as the ones I knew from years ago were very outdated and missing large swathes of the vehicle roster, which inevitably brought me to PassiveObsessive's mammoth work in completing an otherwise neglected racing series. I also noticed the ongoing effort for the similarly-neglected V8 Supercars and am glad the Millennium-era seasons are finally getting the attention they have so long deserved. I am pleasantly surprised at how active the community remains for these beloved old titles.

As a result, I'd like to apply for membership for this forum as it's clear there's a well-established community here, and I would love to help contribute in any way I can.

As for myself, I have a lifelong fanaticism with the automobile and watched Top Gear for as long as I can remember, going insofar to seeking administratorship of the show's related Wiki (I also work on the GeneRally Wiki from time to time, which is a Finnish freeware title where the cars are made up of just 40 polygons, though most of the updates I'm working on are offline atm). I'm pretty much a walking encyclopedia when it comes to car-related matters, and I hope one day to own a classic car as a daily driver, no matter the hardships such an endeavour would assuredly put me through. I'm also an ardent robot combat fan (Robot Wars/BattleBots), and am beyond overjoyed that the latter returned to television with a vengeance after more than a decade's hiatus.

Thank you for your time.

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the UK Empty Re: Greetings from the UK

Post  Skabagoosh 25/3/2021, 12:01

Welcome Alex!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Myke
Skabagoosh
Skabagoosh

Back to top Go down

Post  P0P0 14/8/2021, 17:57

Welcome Smile

P0P0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content