European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
steady as she turns I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

steady as she turns

3 posters

Go down

steady as she turns Empty steady as she turns

Post  Guest 8/9/2020, 17:13

is having a fixed speed during turns not possible with keyboard+mouse setup?
for example, in Brands Hatch GP i am assuming i can make the Surtees curve @120 or 125 ish in a Ford Mondeo, but tap dancing the throttle results in 110kph or the weight doesnt shift properly resulting in a jump to the right barrier.....
i used to think holding the clutch would halt the speed but i think i am killing the engine slowly when i do that, and the speed still decreases....

P.S. i dont have a gaming pc, so "get a wheel" is not appreciated.....and if i use a controller, its announcing to my family that i am gaming, so thats a no-go too.....

Back to top Go down

steady as she turns Empty Re: steady as she turns

Post  harvestmouse 8/9/2020, 20:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"heh...another AMS mod, and they say GTR2 aint dead....nothing post 2015 i search comes up for GTR2"

Why do you even care, for a dead game?

Have you tried using a wheel?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 9/9/2020, 06:44

harvestmouse wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"heh...another AMS mod, and they say GTR2 aint dead....nothing post 2015 i search comes up for GTR2"

heh another loser lurking around for snarky posts....whats the matter...got no life?
if i have to say, this shit website itself is dead if there r losers like u the first to comment.....must be nice to stay 24 hours active on a site with no mods post 2015

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlefysh 9/9/2020, 12:31

ajest_kingscrown wrote:is having a fixed speed during turns not possible with keyboard+mouse setup?
for example, in Brands Hatch GP i am assuming i can make the Surtees curve @120 or 125 ish in a Ford Mondeo, but tap dancing the throttle results in 110kph or the weight doesnt shift properly resulting in a jump to the right barrier.....
i used to think holding the clutch would halt the speed but i think i am killing the engine slowly when i do that, and the speed still decreases....

P.S. i dont have a gaming pc, so "get a wheel" is not appreciated.....and if i use a controller, its announcing to my family that i am gaming, so thats a no-go too.....

I'd suggest it's the inability to hold a partially open throttle or partially turned steering. By no means am I an expert but it sounds like a weight transfer or driving feel type of issue, the same kind of thing I felt that improved immensely when I did get a wheel on PCars1.

With only a keyboard I'd suggest it's going to be calibrating inputs a lot and just learning, getting a technique that will obviously feel and look unnatural but be quick. Not a keyboard racer myself though so that's about as much as I can say.
Littlefysh
Littlefysh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sylphide 9/9/2020, 14:20

ajest_kingscrown wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

heh another loser lurking around for snarky posts....whats the matter...got no life?
if i have to say, this shit website itself is dead if there r losers like u the first to comment.....must be nice to stay 24 hours active on a site with no mods post 2015

I guess that means you don’t need to be here either.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Troy Barman
Sylphide
Sylphide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum