European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» South East
Hello everyone I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Hello everyone I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Hello everyone I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Hello everyone I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Hello everyone I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Hello everyone I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Hello everyone I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Hello everyone I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
Hello everyone I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

Hello everyone

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post  Guest 3/10/2017, 01:16

Hi all,

A little about me as requested....

My name is John Hinkle, 47 years old from Ohio, USA.

I've been sim racing since the original Indy 500 sim from Papyrus in 1989. Was hooked ever since.

I was referred to this site by Antonio.

Occaisionally dabble in online racing. A 9 and 4 year old and all the responsibilities of raising a family don't always allow for it, and I've trying to compete as an "average" online racer against full time simmers who can practice 10-12 hours a day or more for events has been more than a little offputting if I'm honest.

Sunday's honestly probably aren't best for my time to be honest. After pretty consistent 60 hour work weeks, I pretty much like to dedicate my Sundays to be our family day, usually going out on hikes, to the zoo, amusement park or just genuinely spending our time together.

I've been modding since GPL. See my F3 mod for that sim. I was probably one of the first "controversial" modders with that mod, as I got into pretty hot water with GPLEA when I used some of their textures without permission. To my defense, moddiing in 1998 was so new there was no established etiquette quite yet. I certainly didn't set out to intentionally piss people off. So in a way, years later, I'm probably one of the original modders that now make permissions such a big deal after that little kerfuffle. That experience kinda turned me off of modding for quite a while, not wanting to have to go through that again, didn't touch much. Until rFactor and GTR2 came along. I played around with them and found I like tinkering in the files. Since the GPLEA thing, I prefer doing background work. I do it because I enjoy it, not for any sorts of recognition. I've worked with a few modding teams and have built a few league sets, again not for recognition but for fun. Mainly physics, but I can do some troubleshooting as well.

Whatever mods are accessible I'm fine with.

To be honest, yes I'm here for the mods (mainly ABLM as I'm a HUGE vintage racing buff. They give me a way to relive my childhood through all of my racing heros growing up), but not to grab and leave. I'm happy to come back with solutions to issues to improve them over time. It's what I do.

Grew up in racing. My old man was a crewman for a privateer in the original SCCA Trans Am series when I was born in 69. Went to my first race at 5 months old and it's been my life ever since. I've worked every specialty in my local region except as a starter or steward. I've competed in 9 24 hour races, and finished 2nd in my class championship in 2007 by 2 points! But I was also crew chief for my car owner, so it wouldn't have been good if I beat him in his own car.

That's me. Hope I didn't bore anyone.

Smoke (not from Tony Stewart, I've been know by that name long before he got his)

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post  harvestmouse 6/10/2017, 02:20

Hello and welcome.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 7/10/2017, 14:16

Hello Lee,

Thanks for the welcome.

John

Back to top Go down