European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

» Greeting from Tashkent
I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! I_icon_minitime16/3/2024, 15:53 by why_not_simracer

I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii!

+2
mattwal1996
iName
6 posters

Go down

I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! Empty I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii!

Post  iName 9/1/2017, 07:11

To show I've read the rules, I'll copy and paste the questions posted on that OP and answer directly (just to get it out of the way). I'm a longtime lurker, I believe for a full year of silence or a more just getting mods. I know, I'm that guy, but I have massive respect for this forum, and I felt like I was cheating the system everytime I was here. To me, EEC is where the big dogs are at, and I don't want to mess up.

What's your real name, age?
My name is Justin Hornback, and I'm 17 years old.

From where you are?

Born and raised in Pensacola, FL, which is basically a mini-Alabama.

Which Sim games do you play?
All Gran Turismo's (first love, haha), GTR2, RACE 07, rFactor.

How did You know about EEC Team? (If its a friend or from a different site please tell write who it is too)
Prepare to roll your eyes! ........WEC mod. I stumbled upon a video of a '14 R18 going around Interlagos and I thought "Wait what?!"
Needless to say, google led me here. Not the most noble of stories, but hey, the only reason you know about Nirvana is because of Teen Spirit.

Do you ever race online?
I have one year of experience. I got hooked to racing competitively in GT6 in early 2015. I created my own league through amateurish means (in-game community feature) and by sheer luck got a good group of drivers going. After the first race of about ten people, it was the most fun I had ever had, and even won one of the races (I'm usually a mid-fielder)! It ended in a very bitter-sweet manner, but that's a story for another time. The only reason why hadn't gone back since was because of time constraints and fear of the politics  in running a series.

Do you have enough free time to run on sundays? (Only important if you want to drive online)
Time constraints are at an all-time high for me, unfortunately. However, early next year or late this year, I'll be living with a roomate and will have less stress from school, so definitely can commit to some racing then. On top of that, being in Hawaii, my time zone puts me in a very tough place for leagues. When I ran my own in GT6 I had to run them at 8:00am my time. Not bad you might say, but not for everybody else. 8:00am my time is literally the only time I could host a race. It was nighttime in Europe, evening on East Coast USA, and middle of the day for every other US & Canada timezone. Any later, and I'd be forcing participants to alter their life for me. I also nearly killed the second season by forgetting daylight savings time; we don't have it here. Apparently I was an hour late to every race!

In other words, I'm a permanent wild card until I move back to Florida this summer.

Do you know something about modding, skinning?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I love making skins, but at the moment I only do orginals. I'm a very meticulous person, and I accept nothing less than perfection. That said, I only finish a livery every so many months. However, I feel like I could contribute to here. I don't believe I have the skill to full recreate a real livery, but I can most likely tackle the basic ones, like backmarkers in the BES Am-Class. I got experience with originals through these "B-Spec" series being run on my 'home forum' GTPlanet. You make a skin, and see if your AI wins. The cars above are some of my best work.

Any problem for you if we give access only for some Mods?
Hey man, if it ends up like that I won't complain. I've been a lurker here for too long to feel that I'd be wronged.

Are you here only to grab mods and then leave us?
That was my original intention, yes. Now I that I've been coming here more often (and having read some rules), I can no longer stay under the radar and cheat the system. I really want to be apart of this, and I'll gladly contribute with creating skins.

....and downloading mods.....

Please, write a few words about you (hobbies, sports, job, etc)

Well as I mentioned in the skinning area, I'm a very artistic person. My skill in drawing and painting is pretty good when compared to others, and I've entered contests and held my own in them. When I'm working on a car livery, I take a long time to finish, because I'm usually scrapping designs constantly until I get the one that feels right. I hope my contributions to the skinning community will be to the standard set by everybody else,and I'll make sure everything is absolutely perfect until I post one.

I'm also really into rock music. Metal, Punk, Grundge, and a bit of country (from the south!). I play guitar, and will be looking to join a band once I move out after graduation, since I have to get a residency in my target state for the school there (Huuuuuge discount for residents). If my band takes off and I start making dough, it'd be a fun way of making some money.

Now that the narcissism is out the way,  my driving. If I were to rate my skill from Maldonaldo to Alonso, I'd say Hulkenburg. I'm competitive enough to keep up, but still lacking that last 10% to really challenge for a victory. I've really worked hardest on my racecraft. I believe I have mastered that vital skill, I survived every start of an online race. When someone had the inside,I always gave plenty of room. If I was side by side going into Eau Rouge, I back out knowing that's a one-line turn. If I were to race in an official EEC race, I'd most likely be a mid-fielder, but I definitely won't be the first to crash.

Well that's my intro. I promise to be active on these forums. I can't say I'll be racing in the leagues, but I also can't say that it isn't "just for da mods". We all want in on the private section, but if there's threads involving skin-sharing, you'll find me there!

Last edited by iName on 11/1/2017, 05:10; edited 1 time in total
iName
iName

Back to top Go down

I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! Empty Re: I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii!

Post  mattwal1996 9/1/2017, 10:34

Welcome to EEC mate Very Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Matthew Walther; Bathurst Australia
3rd - 2016 Le Mans Series - GT Am - Reiter Engineering Gallardo LP600 FL2
5th - 2016 ADAC GT Masters - Trophy - #22 Prosperia UHC Audi R8 LMS Ultra
8th - 2016/17 EEC GT Series - GT Am - #61 Commonwealth Autosports Audi R8 LMS
10th - 2016/17 EEC LMS Series - GTE - #61 Commonwealth Autosports Ferrari 488 GTE
5th - 2017 EEC GT America - Silver - #61 Commonwealth by VANDAS Engineering Nissan GTR GT3
4th - 2017 EEC International Endurance Cup - GT - #66 Commonwealth by VANDAs Engineering Nissan GTR GT3 #Mintzilla

We race for fun and to make friendships, winning is not everything
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mattwal1996
mattwal1996

Back to top Go down

I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii! Empty Re: I would say Aloha, but I'm burnt out. Hi from Hawaii!

Post  GT Fan 8899 9/1/2017, 13:39

Thats one hell of an application ! Shocked

Welcome Justin.

And don´t forget to add a signature with your name. Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ermis Chachoglou
GT Fan 8899
GT Fan 8899

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtTsYSMopmxGCFM3MmhN81w

Back to top Go down

Post  alexmezza 9/1/2017, 19:48

Welcome to EEC, Justin... Wink

Alexandre Mezzacasa  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                      [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
alexmezza
alexmezza

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 10/1/2017, 17:54

Hello and welcome. Samsung sponsoring Nissan........that would be problematic.

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  iName 11/1/2017, 05:11

harvestmouse wrote:Hello and welcome.  Samsung sponsoring Nissan........that would be problematic.
Well that tells me I should do more research then Laughing

Justin Hornback
iName
iName

Back to top Go down

Post  LudwigAudi 11/1/2017, 09:31

Welcome to the EEC, Justin !!!  Good presentation thumbs  thumps up

PS : nice profile picture you have. Nirvana were one of my youth heroes, and I still love their music today.

Ludwig Vermeylen [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   #PRAYFORBRUSSELS  #JESUISBELGE
LudwigAudi
LudwigAudi

Back to top Go down

Post  harvestmouse 12/1/2017, 01:49

iName wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:Hello and welcome.  Samsung sponsoring Nissan........that would be problematic.
Well that tells me I should do more research then Laughing

Korean/Japanese relations aren't very good.....I know Samsung dropped 'Samsung' logo from their phones in Japan, however I don't think they're even in the Japanese market now.

Lee Day
harvestmouse
harvestmouse

Back to top Go down

Post  iName 13/1/2017, 05:20

harvestmouse wrote:Korean/Japanese relations aren't very good.....I know Samsung dropped 'Samsung' logo from their phones in Japan, however I don't think they're even in the Japanese market now.

I know about the hostilities (you learn a lot about here) but I didn't know it was on a cooperate level. That's pretty interesting, actually.

Justin Hornback
iName
iName

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 23/2/2017, 20:41

Vote given.
Welcome Justin! You'll have a blast here. Beautiful skin work! I look forward to seeing some of your work online soon.
Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum