European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 14 Empty Re: [RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

Post  intelpower on 1/11/2016, 17:59

on the STW commentary Christian Danner claimed that the Alfa 155 (which he drove in the series) was undrivable Razz

intelpower

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 14 Empty Re: [RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6

Post  Jarodparker on 1/11/2016, 18:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:i just checked what has been changed on the championship and skins files. There's a lot of new entries  Smile

So far, i just made few laps with CIVT 94 at Varano with a 155 as usual. I need to be more carefull with high kerbs, otherwise it's easy beening on two wheels rofl
Need to find a better setup too for avoiding  a bit of understeer and a bit more soft suspension compared to the last 1.3 version tongue

PS: BTCC trackpack got GTP_furinkazen updates?

If you play with paddle or keyboard, change steering lock for 7.5° or 8°. If you need more understeer change rear antiroll bar for 40kg.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 1/11/2016, 21:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Copa de las Naciones 1997-2001 by Markano97 added to skins folder.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Simon Gardner
 Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  marki77 on 2/11/2016, 12:55

thank you !!

Carlos Zena
marki77
marki77

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebehr on 2/11/2016, 16:52

SUDAM skinpack contains vauxhall_vectra_obj.gtr. Should it supersede the old one?

Nebehr

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 2/11/2016, 17:03

A little note regarding the pack.The genstring has been changed for the mondeo mk1 and every mondeo of the sudam pack is the sedan version.Simply change the genstring to have the hatchback version(all sudam mondeos were hatchbacks). Very Happy

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker on 2/11/2016, 17:37

Thanks guys, now I have stratus for 1998 thumps up

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 2/11/2016, 17:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:SUDAM skinpack contains vauxhall_vectra_obj.gtr. Should it supersede the old one?

Yes, I added an option for the Opel with the Vauxhall front bumper as the Sudam cars all have painted on aero which didn't fit the Opel bumper.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 2/11/2016, 21:44

a small bug on STW 94 Astra

no 15 Mario Hebler  , the team was  GH Sport, not Launderbach Motorsport

and it was wingless   as it only attended rounds 1 and 2 where  95 spec wings were not allowed

a suggestion, perhaps add the DTM 1993 Super tourers to the STW pack ?   sort of as pseudo STW 93 season ? Surprised  if I remember Markano already did the Alfas   and only needed the 3 Astras      Razz

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker on 2/11/2016, 22:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:a small bug on STW 94 Astra

and it was wingless   as it only attended rounds 1 and 2 where  95 spec wings were not allowed

a suggestion, perhaps add the DTM 1993 Super tourers to the STW pack ?   sort of as pseudo STW 93 season ? Surprised  if I remember Markano already did the Alfas   and only needed the 3 Astras      Razz

I like this suggestion ! In my own championship, I have added alfa 75, renault 21 4x4 and opel ascona for saison 91-93.

I have see another bug for the astra from SATCC

In STW pack, mondeo 4x4 have 1055kg when other 4x4 have 1155kg. In the .hdc, the engine is mondeo_1994 when mondeo_4x4.eng exist.

Primera 4x4 is named primera gte and not 4x4.

I have see little writing error for audi 80 1994 stw, it's frank biela or pirro who have in the .car : TEAM=" ROC competition" when other driver have "ROC competition". The problem is the space after the ". The game separate the team in 2 team when you do championship.

I think AI for rwd is little so much fastest since the weight of rwd have changed for 1055kg.

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 3/11/2016, 09:48

I've just checked the 1.4 download and the STW pack and the Nissan 4X4 is 1155kg.
The mondeo 4X4 used the 1994 engine as it is less powerful and was an attempt to stop the Mondeos from being so fast.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Rot Teufel on 3/11/2016, 10:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:on the STW commentary Christian Danner claimed that the Alfa 155 (which he drove in the series) was undrivable Razz

with the right setup could be good car to drive and give some satisfaction: for example in JTCC 95 i'm between 5th and 10th position normally. At Suzuka it's not rare i can reach the 3rd place. In others championship i prefer much more the Mondeo.

Fun fact: i can drive better the 155 than the 156 in this mod scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If you play with paddle or keyboard, change steering lock for 7.5° or 8°. If you need more understeer change rear antiroll bar for 40kg.

actually i need the opposite, less understeer Razz At Varano i got some difficulties on slow harpins in order to have a decent speed at apex.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rot Teufel
Rot Teufel

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 3/11/2016, 16:00

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

This has been an ongoing problem that I thought was related to talent files as it does not happen when you run with the talent files removed.
However after testing back to back with another FWD tyre file it seems the tyres are causing the problem.

I'm going to work with the alternate tyre file to ensure it is competitive with the existing RWD and 4WD cars.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 3/11/2016, 17:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:a small bug on STW 94 Astra

I will do the 2000 cup skinpack but some other ones have to be done first.

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxellero on 3/11/2016, 17:47

Guys just one thing from me - generate mipmaps for the skins, cars without them have very jagged liveries ingame Wink

Lukasz Pala [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maxellero
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroTheHero95 on 3/11/2016, 18:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:A little note regarding the pack.The genstring has been changed for the mondeo mk1 and every mondeo of the sudam pack is the sedan version.Simply change the genstring to have the hatchback version(all sudam mondeos were hatchbacks). Very Happy

I need a little help here. How would I go about changing the genstring?

Alfredo Ortiz
ZeroTheHero95
ZeroTheHero95

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 3/11/2016, 18:15

Open the .CAR file with notepad,  and find the line GenString=1084
Change to  GenString=2084 and the Mondeo becomes a hatchback.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeroTheHero95 on 3/11/2016, 18:20

Thank you very much.

Alfredo Ortiz
ZeroTheHero95
ZeroTheHero95

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker on 3/11/2016, 19:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If you play with paddle or keyboard, change steering lock for 7.5° or 8°. If you need more understeer change rear antiroll bar for 40kg.

actually i need the opposite, less understeer Razz At Varano i got some difficulties on slow harpins in order to have a decent speed at apex.

If you don't change the steering lock, you burn your front tyre and you have understeer.

Look the difference on comportement, time and temperature of tire when you change steering lock :

This has been an ongoing problem that I thought was related to talent files as it does not happen when you run with the talent files removed.
However after testing back to back  with another FWD tyre file it seems the tyres are causing the problem.  

I'm going to work with the alternate tyre file to ensure it is competitive with the existing RWD and 4WD cars.

I don't think the problem come from tyre because I haven't that on other track. I play in psychotique AI, I don't know if it's the same with normal AI !

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  theravenousbeast on 3/11/2016, 20:25

If it's only Silverstone it might be because of the high grip levels in the gdb files.

Nenad Kasapov

Touring car fanatic [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My YT channel
theravenousbeast
theravenousbeast

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 3/11/2016, 21:26

Yeah thats grip / AIW related.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 3/11/2016, 21:53

I knew it wasn't AIW as I also have problems at other tracks with FWD super touring cars only, other mods work fine. Silverstone was particularly bad but Brands cars would run off on the exit of druids and Graham Hill acting as if they were on full throttle, At Spa cars would carry too much speed through Eau Rouge and clip the barriers. I swapped the tyres and it's now fine at all the problem tracks. La Plata highlights the issue as there are huge open areas cars going off, not lifting off and doing huge weaves on the grass from one side to the other until eventually crashing. I did back to back testing with the current tyres and some from another mod and it was clear they were the problem. The new tyres lap times are well matched so they will be released soon.

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] Super Touring World Version 1.6 - Page 14 Empty RELEASE: WUNSTORF FOR GTR2!

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 4/11/2016, 20:18

Welcome to Wunstorf, the German airfield track now finally available for GTR2. Included is the early 1990's layout used by DTM and STW, and the reversed layout used by STW in 1997.

For more of myself and my other colleagues modding work, follow us at:

Or join my motorsports/gaming server to contact me directly:

CREDITS:
091071 - Original Race07 circuit and permission to convert.
Myself - Conversion into GTR2, repackaging of core files, optimising shadows, objects.
jmadria - Fantastic work with a brand new AIW.

INSTALLATION:
Drop into your "gamedata/locations" folder in your GTR2 install and enjoy.

NOT FOR UPLOAD OUTSIDE OF "FRM" or "NOGRIP"!

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Please note that a separately named version will appear in the STW trackpack (which is currently being bug tested - 15 locations in all)

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  simspeed_racing on 4/11/2016, 20:31

Nice one thumbs

Simspeed Racing Facebook
simspeed_racing
simspeed_racing

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy on 4/11/2016, 20:41

Great work by everyone! I've found some texture errors which only appear on 3 cars. Both Dodd HSCC Hondas and a 2000 South American Toyota.

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next