Twitter
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

Reiza

Overtake Motorsport
Top posters
Kalinin (10325)
[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 I_vote_lcap[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 I_voting_bar[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
PATR10T (9023)
[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 I_vote_lcap[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 I_voting_bar[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
ilu2404 (3974)
JorritVD (3048)
alexmezza (2582)
bmwcrash (2420)
Totenkopf (2281)
dbr93 (2245)
Nectaria (2058)
Maxellero (1809)

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 Empty Re: [DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod

Post  RacingHeartGarage on 2/12/2018, 18:36

Awesome mod!

I noticed something strange while checking it out in 3Dsimed, though - I checked the model measurements against the figures on BMW Motorsport's official website and the car is too small. If you resize it by 108.5%, it's much closer to the real-life dimensions.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hanson Say (USA) -- Creator of Racing Heart Garage -- Virtual Livery Design, just for fun.
RacingHeartGarage
RacingHeartGarage

Back to top Go down

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 Empty Re: [DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod

Post  Triebie on 3/12/2018, 01:39

that ´s not strange, it´s true!
just checked it and the car needs to be much bigger.
no idea how i could have missed that one.
good find, will fix that soon.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Irontower on 3/12/2018, 11:17

How can I control the correct size ?! Is a box with 1x1x1 in 3dsimed 1m x 1m x1m ??

Wilhelm Hudetz
Irontower
Irontower

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 3/12/2018, 13:11

1x1x1 means 100% .
click on edit, resize and enter 1.09X1.09x1.09 for the correct size.

If you have problems pm me...

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalinin on 3/12/2018, 14:01

You mean it's not like this? I'm disappointed
[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 3cc
lol!

Will Mazeo
The only way to God is called Jesus, not religion, just Jesus.
Kalinin
Kalinin
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Irontower on 3/12/2018, 14:54

Hi Triebie, what I mean was how I can control the size of a car. When I create a box in 3dsimed with 1x1x1 it looks like this

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 BOX1

now I resize the box to the car specs and the car should fit the box. If not I must resize the car.
Is this a way to get the corect size of the car?

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 BOX2

tried it now with the m8

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 BOX3

and resized - seems to work !  - or is there a simpler way to control the size ?

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 BOX4

Wilhelm Hudetz
Irontower
Irontower

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 3/12/2018, 15:55

i usually take a non modded car  (like Pcars or AC) as reference and then i resize accordingly based on the infos about the car via SIMED or Blender
never thought of another option:-)
you have to check the data references of the car if the Aston has the same dimensions as the M8
somehow i must have made an error with the M8 about 0,09 in the resize process....
no idea why

btw, nice new aston model, where did you get that from?

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Irontower on 3/12/2018, 16:25

@Triebie wrote:
btw, nice new aston model, where did you get that from?

It's the model from Sashalolxd (IMT) - I masively reworked it and changed some parts. I tried this to enhence my skills Very Happy

Wilhelm Hudetz
Irontower
Irontower

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 3/12/2018, 16:33

thumbs thumbs thumbs

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 3/12/2018, 16:38

car resize fix see first post!
THX to RacingHeart for letting me know!

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Mezmaryse on 3/12/2018, 17:14

[quote="Irontower"]Hi Triebie, what I mean was how I can control the size of a car. When I create a box in 3dsimed with 1x1x1 it looks like this

wait... what... where you got this vantage from mate? Shocked Shocked Shocked
this is saschas base model ? Shocked

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.

Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat.

- Mario Andretti
Mezmaryse
Mezmaryse

Back to top Go down

Post  Irontower on 3/12/2018, 17:44

@Mezmaryse wrote:
[/quote]
yes, it is Very Happy  I think I changed 90% of it Very Happy

Wilhelm Hudetz
Irontower
Irontower

Back to top Go down

Post  Mezmaryse on 3/12/2018, 20:59

@Irontower wrote:
@Mezmaryse wrote:
yes, it is Very Happy  I think I changed 90% of it Very Happy[/quote]

this looks extremely sharp and good looking and i know that 3dsimed makes models look a bit crappy when in edit mode. good stuff mate

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.

Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat.

- Mario Andretti
Mezmaryse
Mezmaryse

Back to top Go down

Post  DrKruntz on 3/12/2018, 21:09

Hi drivers...
I have a problem with this BMW M8 GTE.

I followed the instructions... Installed the car from AMS_M8GTE_1.0 in the Automobilista/GameData/Vehicles/EEC_GT3/BMW_M8_GTE, and updated by overwriting the files with AMS_BMW_M8_GTE_final_update and AMS_BMW_M8_GTE_resized, but when I launch the game and choose the car BMW_M8_GTE that appears in the list of all those available, this does not appear after choosing it and if I try to go on the track I can drive but it's like I'm on board a totally invisible car!

A really strange thing because for all the other cars I've never had problems after their installation.

Someone could tell me where it is that I'm wrong?

Stefano Cocco [DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 Bandie16
DrKruntz
DrKruntz

Back to top Go down

Post  raphaelnariga on 3/12/2018, 21:32

I am looking at you!!!! What a Face

Raphael Oliveira  [DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 1280px12
raphaelnariga
raphaelnariga

https://www.youtube.com/raphaelanriga

Back to top Go down

Post  raphaelnariga on 3/12/2018, 21:56

@Triebie wrote:i usually take a non modded car  (like Pcars or AC) as reference and then i resize accordingly based on the infos about the car via SIMED or Blender
never thought of another option:-)

That's why the best (my opinion here) F488 model converted from RR3 is from Markus new GTE mod for GTR2. If you compare the model we have from Silversun and the model from Markus GTE mod, I always have an impression that Markus mod has a car more lifelike GT body looking as we saw on TV (wider and lower). Silver's car seems like a toy car (looks boxed up and higher), comparing to the Markus one. (Silver, please don't face it as a bad criticism)

Markus car:
[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 Gtr2_118
Silver's Car:
[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 Gtr2_119

Last edited by raphaelnariga on 4/12/2018, 14:40; edited 1 time in total

Raphael Oliveira  [DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 1280px12
raphaelnariga
raphaelnariga

https://www.youtube.com/raphaelanriga

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 3/12/2018, 22:17

@DrKruntz wrote:Hi drivers...
I have a problem with this BMW M8 GTE.

I followed the instructions... Installed the car from AMS_M8GTE_1.0 in the Automobilista/GameData/Vehicles/EEC_GT3/BMW_M8_GTE, and updated by overwriting the files with AMS_BMW_M8_GTE_final_update and AMS_BMW_M8_GTE_resized, but when I launch the game and choose the car BMW_M8_GTE that appears in the list of all those available, this does not appear after choosing it and if I try to go on the track I can drive but it's like I'm on board a totally invisible car!

A really strange thing because for all the other cars I've never had problems after their installation.

Someone could tell me where it is that I'm wrong?

start the game in windowed mode and have a look what it says in the text box, there seems to be a texture missing or so...

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  DrKruntz on 4/12/2018, 16:40

@Triebie wrote:
start the game in windowed mode and have a look what it says in the text box, there seems to be a texture missing or so...
Many, many thanks for the prompt reply  clap
OK, I started the game in windowed mode but I do not know how to read the text box...
Forgive my unfamiliarity, but how do I make this text box appear?

DrKruntz
DrKruntz

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 4/12/2018, 17:04

when you start the game in windowed mode and some things are not ok or some files are missing, a window pops up  and shows the problem.
if you see that window popping up, make a screenshot or write down what it says.

what you can do as well is to delete the car and install it again, but check each step in game,
first basic mod only, then update, then resize patch.

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  DrKruntz on 4/12/2018, 18:37

OK Triebie,

I deleted the files related to the BMW M8 GTE and proceeded to reinstall AMS_M8GTE_1.0.
I launched the game and, in this case, the car is detected and I can drive it safely.

Then I tried to install BMW_M8_GTE_final_update also (replacing the 3 files contained in the update) but in this case, at the launch of the game again the problem that I had complained reappears!

So the problem seems to depend on the replacement of the files
M8_GTE.gen
M8_GTE.mas
M8_GTE_Spinner.gen

At last, I have not even tried to install the next BMW_M8_GTE_resized because I think it should be done after replacing the previous files that create the problem.

Do you have any further suggestions to solve definitely and to be able to install these updates too without the problem still arising?

DrKruntz
DrKruntz

Back to top Go down

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 Empty Re: [RELEASE] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod

Post  GTR2-Freak on 4/12/2018, 19:18

@DrKruntz
Sorry if I interfere,
maybe you forgot, like me  Smile , to set "1" or "2" to the genstring in veh files.

final update:
             -shader carbon fix
             -flaps option added (genstring=1 LM flaps, genstring=2 base flaps)

@Triebie
Thank you for the last update!

Juergen Langecker , Germany
GTR2-Freak
GTR2-Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  DrKruntz on 4/12/2018, 19:43

@GTR2-Freak wrote:@DrKruntz
Sorry if I interfere,
maybe you forgot, like me  Smile , to set "1" or "2" to the genstring in veh files.

final update:
             -shader carbon fix
             -flaps option added (genstring=1 LM flaps, genstring=2 base flaps)

@Triebie
Thank you for the last update!

Thx GTR2-Freak...

when I installed AMS_M8GTE_1.0, in the M8GTE_00.veh file I did not change anything and I have not added 1 or 2 to the genstring but the game worked well.
But effectively I forgot to do this in the update file... so now I'll try adding these numbers  thumps up and let's see if this works again.

What is the difference between the two genstring=1 LM flaps and genstring=2 base flaps?

DrKruntz
DrKruntz

Back to top Go down

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 Empty Re: [RELEASE] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod

Post  GTR2-Freak on 4/12/2018, 21:29

@DrKruntz
....two different kind of flaps and only relevant after final update

[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 110
[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 210

Example
[DELETED] BMW M8 GTE for EEC GT3 mod - Page 5 G10

Juergen Langecker , Germany
GTR2-Freak
GTR2-Freak

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 5/12/2018, 15:37

btw, there will be a FM7 version of this car out soon....
Could be very nice :-)

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  DrKruntz on 6/12/2018, 17:22

Good news...
Thanks to the suggestion of GTR2-Freak (...set "1" or "2" to the genstring in veh files) now the BMW M8 GTE appears on the list of cars and it is possible to drive it on the track thumps up

But I have another problem to solve... I tried to insert the skins of 24H Le Mans 2018 - BMW Team MTEK - BMW M8 GTE and IMSA18 BMW Team Rahal Letterman but they do not appear available...!
As I usually do, I put the relevant folders inside that of the BMW_M8_GTE but there is no trace of the new skins Mad

P.S.: Triebie, I look forward to the FM7 version thumbs

DrKruntz
DrKruntz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next