European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Looking for NASCAR skins?
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeToday at 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

» uh, Hello again from west of Thailand
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:54 by Makarofu

» Greetings from Australia!
[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 14:28 by Aushtin

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

+60
skylinemanning
Bad News
drr6
Dexter249
Shinra
gtracer123
Littlefysh
Sheepy
guiporsche
z1000a2
Jarodparker
Sylphide
trevelyan
pera666
courty89
Tibi
guibomba
haruo
X8X8X
ChaosZero
alexmezza
Mottois
the_racer
alphalead15
Alonsopower
PeteB
jr82
gle
Nebehr
Durge Driven
johnnyZ.
LeMansDriver22
brianspeake
Markano97
antoniog7772
shovas
Alessio_F1
pimmy
ernie2492
simspeed_racing
GTP_furinkazen
toto090369
Marco Masiero
suti
skeno
theravenousbeast
sit997
miuqana
bernie91
sopgt7
Cheeveer
repaban
new0rder
Crimson764
intelpower
angeleinma
matteo1974
Illy26
Petrus
Vanaja
64 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 Empty Re: [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  Sheepy 5/9/2018, 11:31

pchay1983 wrote:the game crashes as soon as it gets to main menu.was working fine with 10th anniversary patch n then installed this and problem started any ideas?

Hey... same here.. Im using v1.1.0.0 + NoDVD + 4GB and the mod crashes, the basic cars from GTR2 working fine.

// Update..
I removed all STW files inside ...../Tracks/
and it works.
Cant explain why... because i dont tried it on Donington, just on basic GTR2 tracks...

Sheepy

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 Empty Some help if possible?

Post  Littlefysh 23/9/2018, 17:54

So I'd like some help if possible. First off the problem I'd like some help with is not this mod, but rather everything except this mod.

Every single class that isn't a part of the Supertouring mod has an issue with AI DNFs. Basically, around 40 cars will retire inside of two hours, most of which will have retired because they pulled into the pits, stopped in their pitbox and teleported to the garage as "DNF".

Because it is everything except this mod that suffers from this issue, I think it's logical to assume that something is different about this mod that is preventing this issue. So, I'd like to ask if someone could tell me what values control this sort of reliable/attrition issue so that I can compare them in this mod to everything else. Hopefully, I can fix my game.

I know this is a weird request, but any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Littlefysh
Littlefysh

Back to top Go down

[RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23 - Page 17 Empty Re: [RELEASE] SUPER TOURING WORLD 2.23

Post  Sylphide 23/9/2018, 18:01

Littlefysh wrote:So I'd like some help if possible. First off the problem I'd like some help with is not this mod, but rather everything except this mod.

Every single class that isn't a part of the Supertouring mod has an issue with AI DNFs. Basically, around 40 cars will retire inside of two hours, most of which will have retired because they pulled into the pits, stopped in their pitbox and teleported to the garage as "DNF".

Because it is everything except this mod that suffers from this issue, I think it's logical to assume that something is different about this mod that is preventing this issue. So, I'd like to ask if someone could tell me what values control this sort of reliable/attrition issue so that I can compare them in this mod to everything else. Hopefully, I can fix my game.

Thanks in advance.

Turn Pitcrew Detail to Player Only. Having all visible causes way more DNF's idk why.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Troy Barman
Sylphide
Sylphide
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 23/9/2018, 19:17

Attrition line in track's gdb file also might have effect, lowering the value reduces dnfs.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 23/9/2018, 23:01

I may not have posted something in a while but me and Mushy are working on a project. Do these 2 skins ring any bells?? Very Happy

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 24/9/2018, 06:20

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Today then:

~New set-ups applied to ALL FWD cars, working on individual model by model tweaks now.

~Progress on sound front - news tomorrow I hope!

~Finished reshading the Accords, been reshading the showroom versions of Alfa, BMW, Honda.

~Physics changes making AI more crash happy when punted under power.

~Larking about at Oulton Park which also may get some further upgrades soon for you all to see Very Happy

Random screens as well with 50 car Oulton International nonsense. All AI by the way, i'm out of shot in a Australian series A4 quattro somewhere...

does this include under braking & turn in/mid corner as well?

also to make a smaller download will the mod be released as per the original mod in that the cars are a seperate download then we just download the series we are after seperately etc?

P.S keep the updates coming cannot wait to play the mod.

Last edited by jr82 on 24/9/2018, 06:28; edited 1 time in total

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 24/9/2018, 06:26

Littlefysh wrote:So I'd like some help if possible. First off the problem I'd like some help with is not this mod, but rather everything except this mod.

Thanks in advance.
I have had the same issue, but it happened with this mod only on donington (the only original game track in the mod) I usually have the break downs set to "time scaled" as i like to do shorter races to get through a season quicker, once i changed this setting the issue went away.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 24/9/2018, 06:37

gtracer123 wrote:Attrition line in track's gdb file also might have effect, lowering the value reduces dnfs.
Tracks default value is 15, as a matter of interest if it was raised what is the best value to set? as in some cars retire but it's not a case of 3 cars finishing?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 24/9/2018, 06:37

Markano97 wrote:I may not have posted something in a while but me and Mushy are working on a project. Do these 2 skins ring any bells?? Very Happy
Sure do Wink

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinra 26/9/2018, 21:27

Markano97 wrote:I may not have posted something in a while but me and Mushy are working on a project. Do these 2 skins ring any bells?? Very Happy
Amazing! Of course these ring a bell. Is "Supermoves" by Overseer what I'm hearing on the background? Very Happy
Shinra
Shinra

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 27/9/2018, 02:34

Yep that iconic background theme of the game. Well the project is about 85% done so expect some previews soon. Very Happy Luckily all the tracks of the game are also available in GTR2!!

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlefysh 27/9/2018, 12:46

Sylphide wrote:

Turn Pitcrew Detail to Player Only. Having all visible causes way more DNF's idk why.

This works. I have no idea how or why, but it does. Thankyou so much!
Littlefysh
Littlefysh

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 30/9/2018, 21:13

Mod structure - will be most likely 2 files - one the physics, shared files etc, the other the skins. Templates will now be included inside the main mod in each cars folder.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 1/10/2018, 04:30

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Mod structure - will be most likely 2 files - one the physics, shared files etc, the other the skins. Templates will now be included inside the main mod in each cars folder.
Awesome, one other query, been watching the BTCC reviews again, for example in '94 the BMW's were rubbish till they got thier weight penalty taken away then they became challengers for race wins, will the season's be the same way? Not sure how it could be done but it may mean multiple car files for the same car if that makes sense, if it'd be a hassle i wouldn't bother doing it.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 1/10/2018, 14:24

jr82 wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:Mod structure - will be most likely 2 files - one the physics, shared files etc, the other the skins. Templates will now be included inside the main mod in each cars folder.
Awesome, one other query, been watching the BTCC reviews again, for example in '94 the BMW's were rubbish till they got thier weight penalty taken away then they became challengers for race wins, will the season's be the same way? Not sure how it could be done but it may mean multiple car files for the same car if that makes sense, if it'd be a hassle i wouldn't bother doing it.

It is quite a hassle. Tried to go with a "happy medium", similar case with 97 BTCC Audi's.

Also one thing I gathered from feedback (and I personally experienced) in this V2.xx of the mod was handling was a little unpredictable on FWD's with oversteer and understeer. All FWD's are having a brand new set-up worked on from the ground up, hopefully no more of cooking the rear tyres Wink

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 2/10/2018, 06:42

GTP_furinkazen wrote:
jr82 wrote:

It is quite a hassle. Tried to go with a "happy medium", similar case with 97 BTCC Audi's.

Also one thing I gathered from feedback (and I personally experienced) in this V2.xx of the mod was handling was a little unpredictable on FWD's with oversteer and understeer. All FWD's are having a brand new set-up worked on from the ground up, hopefully no more of cooking the rear tyres Wink
Makes a lot of sense, "happy medium" will make the title battles more interesting Razz
yer that was a setup issue as i recall, BTCC cars don't handle like sprint cars on the reviews haha

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 27/10/2018, 15:05

Not sure if asked here but... is the template of version 1.6 that shared in this forum works too in version 2.23?

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 28/10/2018, 12:33

NagisawaHaku wrote:Not sure if asked here but... is the template of version 1.6 that shared in this forum works too in version 2.23?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 15/11/2018, 02:27

Also... a long, and fairly exhaustive list of all current technical / physic changes for upcoming release:

>New TYR files by theravenousbeast. Still unique FWD RWD 4WD compounds. Name of compounds also being adjusted and simplified.

>Updated vehicles weight etc, with Independents having more simulated weight as we don't have multiple tyre models and ways of simulating "lesser budget" cars!

>Updated inertia - almost halved from V2, from Andreas and the Race07 version with some adjustments. Cars are much more responsive and pointy. Massive improvement. As for response... more later on...

>Lowered Centre Of Gravity CoG - cars are more planted, accelerate quicker. CoG varies from car to car so some may have a "Higher" CoG and not be as planted - for instance a BTCC-spec Peugeot 406 has higher than the STW-spec example.

>Updated weight distribution - 60/40 used as a base and for some cars such as the Audi and earlier cars. Later cars have 59/41 or 58/42 which result in much more of a "pointy" turn in and immediate response but also mean oversteer is induced earlier and AI are more sensitive.

>Unique DMG files for each car - still working on some parameters for when dirt and dust flies up though.

>Updated fuel map settings. Player Car starts on max tank by default. Tank size from 60L upwards, endurance spec up to 100L.

>Changed AITorqueStab - less stable. However setup tweaks mean this won't result in constant stupid AI spins and wrecks.

>FrontWing & RearWing settings. Currently cars have aero settings of 0/0 (none), 1/3, or 1/5 F/R. Aero effects are now reversed especially on FWD cars which had more complicated splitter arrangements, of up to 5/3. This means a lot more aero grip at higher speeds and frees up the rear end, especially in a front engined FWD. Also varies car to car.

>New suspension model(s) unique for each make / car from Race07 by Andreas.

>Updated Rollbar settings.

>Updated spring rates - now adjustable UPWARDS in either 3 or 5 increments.

>Completely adjusted toe settings (almost reversed)

>Heavily modified caster settings.

>Lowered ABSGrip to prevent some of the locking up issues under hard braking.

>Brake balance default either 60/40 or 55/45.

>Heavily modified camber values.

>Completely adjusted differential with no more 138% power through the front to combat wheelspin! At the moment 50/25 with preload 1 @ 200 torque. Still WIP on a couple value adjustments per car.

>Brand new damper values, front and rear.

>FWD cars with higher pressure tyres in the front than the rear, helps warm the tyres quicker but does raise wear slightly.

Still WIP:

>Adjusting engine reliability levels (all same generic values at moment)

>Adjusting steering arm properties to simulate some older cars without power steering (most pre 1993, for instance the Toyota Carina had no power steering but the Vauxhall did have it)

>General handling for "no aero" cars from early 1990s, trying to get them to move round more without creating a car that's unpredictable and also an AI wrecker.

A final word - bear in mind everything works together. Updated suspension hopes all round balance. More front aero increases oversteer. Inertia affects the handling and car behaviour understeer/oversteer. Dampers and anti roll sort out under and oversteer. Weight distribution changes the whole balance of the car as does brake bias.

It's very much a case of "test one thing, and then adjust another" but I hope this list sheds light on just why this mod has taken such a long time to develop from V2 to V3!!!

Furi

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  bernie91 15/11/2018, 13:05

thx Furi!!!

i'm waiting for this mod even more than the new Simbin game Laughing Laughing

Marco Folli, from Italy
bernie91
bernie91

Back to top Go down

Post  repaban 15/11/2018, 16:26

Thank you cheers

Guy Reppert
repaban
repaban

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 15/11/2018, 19:33

Yeah. Been quiet I know on here, a lot going on... new job as well on weekends starting this week so preparing for that... Been messing with Audi sounds today... they have *OOMPH* to them now...

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 15/11/2018, 20:33

regarding the privatters  some exceptions must be made with physics

- Matt Neal    nissan primera   at Donington 1999, Matt said that they managed to get their hands on some factory spec  but used tires which made all the difference

- the swedish private Audi A4 quattro no 16 Tobias Johansson which beat ALL the factory cars start to finish in 2001 at Knurstorp

and if anyone know other examples of stand out privatters  beating factory cars  Question

we do have some weird situations in STW   with BMW  when one driver was factory backed (Christina Menzel) but the other was not (Leopold von bayern)     and this did show in the results

similar issues with STW 95 Mondeos ,  some were factory backed , others not despite being the same team

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeveer 15/11/2018, 21:02

intelpower wrote:- the swedish private Audi A4 quattro no 16 Tobias Johansson    which beat ALL the factory cars start to finish in 2001 at Knurstorp

The Kristoffersson Motosport (factory) team used the 1999 STW cars for 2000-2002.

Johansson's car (also a very underrated driver): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Actually, none of the teams in STCC were "factory" in the same effect as in BTCC or STW. They all used year-old cars from those series, but at least upgraded to the latest specs.

Jacob Fredriksson says hi
Cheeveer
Cheeveer

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 15/11/2018, 21:34

and things can be very tricky in another way , the DRIVER

an  extreme example  see NATCC,  the 1996 championship winning yellow Honda Accord of Randy Probst   driven    by Roberto Quintanilla  in some 1997 races and was nothing more than a grid filler!!

the question here is what physics you give this 97 yellow Accord ? ir maybe a bad talent for Roberto Quintanilla would be enough

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next