Totenkopf (2281)

dbr93 (2234)

Nectaria (2058)

Maxellero (1595)

URD activity?

Go down

URD activity?

Post  C_Stephens on 25/11/2017, 17:24

Anybody know whats up with these guys. Are they still doing anything. Seemed to have lots on the go then nothing, not a word. Not exactly a good business model to go dark for 6 or so months. I've read they were waiting for rf2 dx11 to go final but are they active in the other games. I thought they were developing toward AMS? Check their website, facebook, or twitter and nothing since May. Are they working for developers and no longer doing mods?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chris Stephens

C_Stephens

Back to top Go down

Re: URD activity?

Post  Kalinin on 25/11/2017, 19:01

AFAIK they are working with S397 and Kunos these last months. Now I think they are with S397 more, that's why they are not working on the addon content.
THere was a post where they said these deals provide stable income, reason why if they get one of these they stop the other content creation. But if I remember right there is one guy they hired to work only with these mods so things are progressing (I could be mistaken here, best you do is read EGT thread in S397 forum)
I wouldn't worry too much tho, if they are working with S397 they probably know more about the new features than the other modders.

Btw the EGT mod would be finished by now if Daniel (Patriot) kept working on it, he was the first one to bring the cars to AMS at URD request but he had to stop with it

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Will Mazeo
The only way to God is called Jesus, not religion, just Jesus.
Kalinin
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 25/11/2017, 20:21

well, URD is actually dead as their business model died with them.
I can´t believe that still some people think they are going to update their existing mods.
You will see their future work as payware/DLC directly from S397 or Kunos.
I bet, they already got their hands in the GT3 Power Pack for rF2.....

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalinin on 25/11/2017, 22:35

Serious question: why you dislike them so much? lol (whenever someone mention URD you always post like this)
And they have already updated the T5 mod with physics improvement and DX11, the others is just a matter of time (and they'll need to update the T5 again because of rain changes and damage shader)

Will Mazeo
Kalinin
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 on 28/11/2017, 18:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You will see their future work as payware

They were already payware since the beginning.

Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero on 28/11/2017, 20:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:You will see their future work as payware

They were already payware since the beginning.
When you quote someone, don't take things out of context by erasing part of the sentence(s).

He clearly added "as dlc for Kunos/S397", which can be easily "translated" into: they are not going to make "mods" anymore, because any of their work from now on will be featured as official dlc for any of the aforementioned games. Which has partly already happened, as Alless himself appears in the credit list for pCARS1 alongside the biggest shitshow in modding history (Mak's MMG team).

FranX JeKo D'Aloia [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Modder - Video Editor
[19:23:45] Totenkopf : the only thing I fear about a possible Toyota victory: one year of ads where a Prius races together with a TS030 saying "our hybrid cars can win LM"
~My Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  gtracer123 on 29/11/2017, 07:17

My bad. I only meant the part to have the mod will be payware regardless the sim.

Joe Saade [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Audi - Truth in 24 - by Len Riojas - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Audi - Truth in 24 II- by AudiofAmerica - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gtracer123

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 18/12/2017, 20:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Serious question: why you dislike them so much? lol (whenever someone mention URD you always post like this)
And they have already updated the T5 mod with physics improvement and DX11, the others is just a matter of time (and they'll need to update the T5 again because of rain changes and damage shader)

Even more serious question:
Why do you think i dislike them????
I highly like the URD mods and i bought a lot of them.
I just pointed out what i believe, there is no dislike in it at all, just some facts.
the only thing I don´t like, is the fact that i now have some really nice but unfinished mods.

for example:
There is a single Nissan GT500 but no actual NSXGT or Lexus to race with...
i have the 2016 DTM models of the Audi and the BMW but the already done Mercedes 2016 C63 was never released...

Like i said before, it´s not a matter of time but more a matter of setting priorities.
And i am afraid, URD had turn their backs on their own mods in favour of some freelancing work for DLC´s of the known games.

I guess this is highly understandable from an economic point of view.
I just feel sorry, because they were the only ones delivering topnotch scratchmade content.
That will leave us with some halfbreed modders who are selling stolen content as payware.

So i hope i could clarify my P.O.V, just my 2 cents....

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalinin on 18/12/2017, 22:02

Ah ok Smile

I'm actually glad they learned their lesson from the PX mod and released only the Nissan first. If we were going to wait for it all or wait for promises we'd be still waiting. One of their posts they said there are people in URD working on new cars (these are not related with deals with studios). They showed a preview of 2017 GTE pack but now S397 said they have more cars coming with the C7 GTE so I guess they'll wait for those
In rF2 Discord it was said one or two modding groups got official licenses to release in rF2 (and they'll be sold in the item store) if I had to guess one of them is URD. I wonder if a modding group can get easier deals compared to an official studio scratch if this is true S397 just made a very nice play

Will Mazeo
Kalinin
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 19/12/2017, 10:25

Exactly!
in the end i don´t care to whom i pay.
in the end, quality mods have their price because those guys put a sh...load of work into it.
As long as the content is of high quality like for example all the URD mods so far, it doesn´t make a difference,
if it is payware from URD or payware coming as dlc from the game manufacturers.
i would always buy them!

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalinin on 11/3/2018, 12:15

So talking about URD [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DTM 2018 and PX pack will get new cars

Will Mazeo
Kalinin
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie on 11/3/2018, 19:37

based on their history of release speed this will take quite a looooong time until we get to see this released.
anyway, very good to see some life signs from them....

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalinin on 11/3/2018, 23:40

Oh man I hope it wont take long "PXi" (DPi) is coming Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will Mazeo
Kalinin
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalinin on 1/5/2018, 14:29

There was one more update in their Twitter

They also said the have the new JT5 (2018) as WIP now but if progress go slowly they'll use old models instead. I think they should stick to whatever is done first, the cars didnt change that much this year.
It was also said on Discord that Ales is now full time worker at S397, that's good news for the upcoming updates and packs I guess if he has access to physic numbers, especially with the PXi

Will Mazeo
Kalinin
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum