[Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Richardc27 on 13/10/2017, 11:37

This is absolutely excellent, I've been waiting for some proper LMP cars to appear in AMS. The model and sounds are great, I think the physics need a slight tweak though. Out of the box the car is very very oversteery (if that's a word?!). I managed to dial it out by adding some rear wing and going two clicks softer on the rear springs. It just seems to need a little too much steering angle, I think the car would be more direct IRL. It has a little too much drag as well I think, the P2 cars are pretty quick in a straight line and I can't get this to go past 185mph even with all the wing taken off. I know at Le Mans and a test at Aragon the cars were hitting about 205mph at the end of a long straight. Can't wait for some skins for this, and maybe the other P2 cars as well if you can find a decent model for them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rich Crawford
Richardc27

Back to top Go down

Post  ThatAudiFan on 13/10/2017, 11:51

MrDilkington10 wrote:
CrivitzChris wrote:
Looking good so far! That one is a pain in the ass!

Tell me about it! Getting all the random shapes they used to line up has been a nightmare so far, but I figured taking on a challenge like this was the best way to improve my meager painting skills. The front came along fairly well, but I realized this morning that I was a dunce and didn't take any photos of the rear of the car when I was at the race, and to make matters worse Rebellion doesn't really have any good pictures of the back on their various pages either  Mad  I might have to wing it a bit but it should still turn out alright.

So far the model accuracy and template mapping seem to be excellent, the only place I came across that I wasn't able to paint was a small area at the top of the door window where Rebellion had a stripe and a logo going across it. Other than that everything is coming along nicely!

Absolutely stunning work mate!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Harm Roelofs
ThatAudiFan

Back to top Go down

Post  CrivitzChris on 13/10/2017, 16:19

MrDilkington10 wrote:
CrivitzChris wrote:
Looking good so far! That one is a pain in the ass!

Tell me about it! Getting all the random shapes they used to line up has been a nightmare so far, but I figured taking on a challenge like this was the best way to improve my meager painting skills. The front came along fairly well, but I realized this morning that I was a dunce and didn't take any photos of the rear of the car when I was at the race, and to make matters worse Rebellion doesn't really have any good pictures of the back on their various pages either  Mad  I might have to wing it a bit but it should still turn out alright.

So far the model accuracy and template mapping seem to be excellent, the only place I came across that I wasn't able to paint was a small area at the top of the door window where Rebellion had a stripe and a logo going across it. Other than that everything is coming along nicely!

Wow man! That looks excellent!! I'll see what I can find on flickr and Marshall Pruett.

Also, make sure you do your introduction (read the rules), I don't want you to miss out on anything Smile

Again great work!

Chris Lesperance - CrivitzChris

CrivitzChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Richardc27 on 13/10/2017, 19:59

Richardc27 wrote:This is absolutely excellent, I've been waiting for some proper LMP cars to appear in AMS. The model and sounds are great, I think the physics need a slight tweak though. Out of the box the car is very very oversteery (if that's a word?!). I managed to dial it out by adding some rear wing and going two clicks softer on the rear springs. It just seems to need a little too much steering angle, I think the car would be more direct IRL. It has a little too much drag as well I think, the P2 cars are pretty quick in a straight line and I can't get this to go past 185mph even with all the wing taken off. I know at Le Mans and a test at Aragon the cars were hitting about 205mph at the end of a long straight. Can't wait for some skins for this, and maybe the other P2 cars as well if you can find a decent model for them.

Ignore my drag comment, I've done some research and the cars only hit 200mph with the low drag kit. With the normal aero package the speed of this car is spot on

Rich Crawford
Richardc27

Back to top Go down

Post  CrivitzChris on 13/10/2017, 22:28

Chris Lesperance - CrivitzChris

CrivitzChris

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxellero on 13/10/2017, 23:50

Found a free time to take this beauty on track. Yes, car is oversteery but few clicks in setup and it's really nice to drive. Only issue I found is that car has problems with running over high 3d curbs, don't know if it's model or physics related.

Lukasz Pala         
Renault Trophy - Marc VDS Racing Team
Maxellero
EEC Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Triebie Yesterday at 01:19

skin work looks amazing!

regading the curb issue i guess it depends on the track. tried the car on several cars and never had that issue.

Ulf Triebener, Germany
Triebie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top