EEC We Go Faster
Twitter
Facebook
EEC Friends


Top posters
Kalinin (10276)
 
PATR10T (9021)
 
ilu2404 (3974)
 
JorritVD (3032)
 
bmwcrash (2419)
 
alexmezza (2409)
 
Totenkopf (2281)
 
dbr93 (2228)
 
Nectaria (2058)
 
Maxellero (1557)
 


[Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Triebie on 12/4/2018, 09:41

try enduracers templates for helmets.
i think i took these.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ulf Triebener, Germany
avatar
Triebie

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Christ Tiansen on 2/7/2018, 16:39

Hello, who is working the Rebellion R13 Skin for Automobilista?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Christ Tiansen drive
avatar
Christ Tiansen

Posts : 41
Join date : 2017-12-24
Age : 18
Location : Pekanbaru , Indonesian

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Triebie on 3/7/2018, 10:40

obviously nobody.
maybe because nobody gives a damn about this mod.
1850 downloads of my mod and no skins at all except Bozzgee over at RD for the assetto corsa model.
that´s the way it goes.....

very frustrating and it makes me thinking about releasing anything in the future....

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ulf Triebener, Germany
avatar
Triebie

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  ThatAudiFan on 3/7/2018, 11:29

Ulf, I wouldn’t see this as an attack towards you. There have been some more people working on skins, like Jorrit, Rafael and Cameron, although you’re right that no 2018 skins have been done yet. I can only speak for myself when saying that I have had almost no time last 3-4 months, although I have wanted to do so much different stuff, but time is just limited. I have also noticed that some of the AMS skinners have also not released stuff in a while, leaving very little people working on stuff. I see the same happening to modding, where you are one of the remaining AMS modders, for which I’m very grateful, since you’re work is always top notch. And people have been making a lot of stuff for your different mods: the NSX has a big skinpack from Climax, the Lexus has skins released, the GT500 has a bunch of skins which work nicely with the new GT300 mod, and ChaosZero is making a lot of skins for the TCR mod which you are working on with the other guys. Maybe people have also held back on skinning the Oreca due to not many recent P2 and GTE cars being available, however with more popping up, more complete packs might be coming! It would be a shame to see you quit releasing anything due to this, although it is completely your own decision. Speaking for myself, I finally have time again to make some nice skins, and there will definitely be following some skins for your models, and I hope it can stay that way in the future Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Harm Roelofs
avatar
ThatAudiFan

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2014-06-17
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Mezmaryse on 3/7/2018, 14:00

@Triebie wrote:obviously nobody.
maybe because nobody gives a damn about this mod.
1850 downloads of my mod and no skins at all except Bozzgee over at RD for the assetto corsa model.
that´s the way it goes.....

very frustrating and it makes me thinking about releasing anything in the future....

well i brielfy started drawing the tvr rebellion but due to the continental tire sportscars GT4'S and your excellent acura and other gt3's its pretty far back in the queue

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.

Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat.

- Mario Andretti
avatar
Mezmaryse

Posts : 20
Join date : 2018-01-30
Location : Your Local Race Track

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  ClimaxF1 on 3/7/2018, 17:16

@Triebie wrote:obviously nobody.
maybe because nobody gives a damn about this mod.
1850 downloads of my mod and no skins at all except Bozzgee over at RD for the assetto corsa model.
that´s the way it goes.....

very frustrating and it makes me thinking about releasing anything in the future....

I think rather than getting upset about the whole thing is to rather look at the facts.

Nobody is interested in the car on any platform, just one of those things unfortunately.

Try find skins for the LMP car style cars, even with Assetto, not much available.

I quite like the car just don't have any back round knowledge or interest in the series to create skins.

Looking at the long list above mentioned by @ThatAudiFan II would rather appreciate the guys and their support for the rest of the work that is created.

It's just one of those things and we can't always have it all.

Otherwise from my side I understand and appreciate all the long hours you put in and appreciate all the effort and precision you put into these mods.

Thank you!



______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
avatar
ClimaxF1

Posts : 148
Join date : 2017-12-04
Age : 40
Location : Switzerland & South Africa

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Triebie on 3/7/2018, 18:34

well, it seems to be that way that nobody cares about WEC cars here.
but again, 1850 downloads, hmmmhhh...
Anyway, how many skins we would have without ChaosZeros support on the TCR cars?

I am just saying, that it highly depends on the contribution of this "community" if there will be more mods in the future.
at least from my side....


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ulf Triebener, Germany
avatar
Triebie

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  ThatAudiFan on 3/7/2018, 19:01

@Triebie wrote:well, it seems to be that way that nobody cares about WEC cars here.
but again, 1850 downloads, hmmmhhh...
Anyway, how many skins we would have without ChaosZeros support on the TCR cars?

I am just saying, that it highly depends on the contribution of this "community" if there will be more mods in the future.
at least from my side....

Well, I guess with 1850 downloads there definitely is interest, however, like I said, not many people seem to be doing skins at the moment... That's also one of the reasons why I chose not to do any TCR stuff, since Chaos is already killing those Wink I hope we can see some more people working on different stuff for AMS, I am definitely thinking about an ELMS-esque pack. For now, enjoy your break mate Wink

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Harm Roelofs
avatar
ThatAudiFan

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2014-06-17
Age : 20
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Kalinin on 3/7/2018, 22:19

I guess it's a case of small player base leading to less people to do things what leads to these people having too much to do on their hands.
The car is beautiful but I got tired of AMS =/

Btw @Triebie dont know how you view paid mods, but if that Lexus is scratch made (I dont know if I understood the thread right, seems like it is) you could consider selling it in rF2. There is literally nobody working on modern GT3 cars to complete the grid from the official pack.

I mean there is Apex but they are stuck trying to finish a mod with old cars that should have been dropped long ago so they can move to current gen cars. And then from current ones they only have the Audi from shadow works that they want to sell (to me this is wrong...). So there may be some $$$$ to make there lol

Sorry for the off topic

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Will Mazeo
The only way to God is called Jesus, not religion, just Jesus.
avatar
Kalinin
EEC Team

Posts : 10276
Join date : 2012-05-16
Age : 30
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Triebie on 4/7/2018, 00:19

modding in rF2 is not easy at all.
especially the physics, tire model and flex chassis and all that stuff.
it maybe the best simulation right now but very modding unfriendly.
That´s why you don´t see many mods .
GPFan did some nice GT3 cars and Apex is a neverending story.

i give a sh.. about making money with modding. that was and will never be my intention.
The Lexus was my first ever (partly) created 3d model and i like to further improve my skills.
Maybe i even learn to make skins:-)








______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ulf Triebener, Germany
avatar
Triebie

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Kalinin on 4/7/2018, 00:26

Hmm yeah it's not as easy, but the online tools by redapg help a lot http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/
When I ported the EEC GT3 physics (one car only, just to see how it felt) I used this.


Also the really hard part about physics is the tires but they are available in the dev site, modders dont really need to make one, unless you are doing something that is not there https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/cars/car-physics/tyre-database

But the EEC GT3 physics need to be redone IMO and I dont have enough knowledge for that so I gave up of porting it


gpfan has stopped modding, he even deleted the Simtek mods Facebook page =/
Dont know why he stopped, he never said the reason. Hope it was not due to S397 pressure

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Will Mazeo
The only way to God is called Jesus, not religion, just Jesus.
avatar
Kalinin
EEC Team

Posts : 10276
Join date : 2012-05-16
Age : 30
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  CrivitzChris on 4/7/2018, 03:01

@ThatAudiFan wrote:Ulf, I wouldn’t see this as an attack towards you. There have been some more people working on skins, like Jorrit, Rafael and Cameron, although you’re right that no 2018 skins have been done yet. I can only speak for myself when saying that I have had almost no time last 3-4 months, although I have wanted to do so much different stuff, but time is just limited. I have also noticed that some of the AMS skinners have also not released stuff in a while, leaving very little people working on stuff. I see the same happening to modding, where you are one of the remaining AMS modders, for which I’m very grateful, since you’re work is always top notch. And people have been making a lot of stuff for your different mods: the NSX has a big skinpack from Climax, the Lexus has skins released, the GT500 has a bunch of skins which work nicely with the new GT300 mod, and ChaosZero is making a lot of skins for the TCR mod which you are working on with the other guys. Maybe people have also held back on skinning the Oreca due to not many recent P2 and GTE cars being available, however with more popping up, more complete packs might be coming! It would be a shame to see you quit releasing anything due to this, although it is completely your own decision. Speaking for myself, I finally have time again to make some nice skins, and there will definitely be following some skins for your models, and I hope it can stay that way in the future Wink

I have to agree with this right here. Personally, I've been sick for the last few weeks, and I hardly been on my PC. My current project is converting the B12 Lola to rF2 and making the necessary 3d edits for the Mazda LMP2 to join it. Thanks again for that tutorial, i still just haven't had the opportunity to give it a try yet. I still keep up with everything in AMS, GTR2, rF1, etc but I've pretty much moved to rF2. If a model isn't converted to rF2 or isn't a WIP for rF2, I'm choosing not to work on it. It helps me from having to "double dip" on doing skins on two different models and I'll be able to enjoy it for rF2.

With this Oreca, you have to look at the source. It was a rip from somewhere, then converted to AC where those stupid website charges a crazy amount of money for some thing half assed, then converted to AMS and other games. It's a mod that you can't release on a public website (RD, NoGrip, etc), and even releasing the skins on those sites are a bit hit and miss, if they will take them down. Additionally, the rF2 Oreca release is a fully legal version of the car. Like I said above, why do the same skin on two different models, especially if one is legal, and the other is not?

A fully scratch mod gets by all of those sites, gets more exposure and visibility. The Lexus is top notch! As Will said, a conversion of that to rF2 would be a huge hit. I do agree with the physics that it is a huge pain. As Will also shown, the physics converting tool would help with an initial conversion, and you could use Simteks GT3s also as a base. It might not be up to the latest standards but it would make the car drive-able. Copying the shader info from an existing car (I've been using the Endurance Series as my base) will allow the car to have the rain and damage effects.

All in all, I personally do not think it is something to quit modding over. But as Harm mentioned, the decision is completely yours. The Oreca was a sketchy car to convert in the first place in my opinion. You are really talented. And as you said in the thread with the Lexus, you were learning with every piece you worked on. I know you said you have a big list of cars you want to do. I'm really looking forward to the ones that you will be working on. Keep up the great work and I really hope you do not quit. It would be a huge loss for the community.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chris Lesperance - CrivitzChris


CrivitzChris

Posts : 1043
Join date : 2012-07-25
Age : 33
Location : Green Bay WI USA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  str73 on 5/7/2018, 10:09

Hi guys, personally I find this cars is great but what makes it less attractive is because it is the only new LMP2 of the game. The best would be to make a mode with the Ligier JSP217, the Dallara P217 and even the new IMSA DPI.
For the skins I saw that on RF2 the Oreca was very use, it would be necessary to open these files and see if with luck the skins are equivalent to AMS.
For my part I work on a few small personal skins that I hope to share Smile

str73

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-09-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Triebie on 5/7/2018, 14:38

since none of the other LMP2 cars are available yet, this won´t happen.
The Ligier is available for 75 Dollars at Humster3D but nobody seems to be interested in it.



______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ulf Triebener, Germany
avatar
Triebie

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  CGD on 5/7/2018, 15:21

And then there's the GTR2 ones by Sascha... but that's no real option for AMS, is it.

Thought a lot about doing some 2018 Orecas when Le Mans was on, but then again the template isn't the easiest one to work with, which might be another factor why there aren't so many liveries around for the car. True shame I gotta say, as the 3D itself is great. But then again, even I myself don't do anything about that. Razz

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Constantin Grimminger
Germany & Austria
avatar
CGD

Posts : 23
Join date : 2017-11-02

http://www.fb.me/ConstantinGrimmingerDesign

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  ChaosZero on 6/7/2018, 15:49

Could this help? One of the many payware scammers have a mod for AC with 2017 models (that includes both LMP2 and DPi) and is selling for $9.99.
https://www.assettocorsamods.org/product/assetto-corsa-wec-2017-lmp2-mod/
However, as supporting this trash is bad, I have a leaked link instead that I could send in private to anyone that wants to convert them. Especially considering that these are the same douchebags that stole his Lexus and a few other car and are selling it for $7.99, I think it's only fair we take something back.

I see Ulf is mentioning the Ligier car selling for $75 alone on Hum3D, and I don't physically have the files opened in front of me so I can't check, but it should be the same model included in this mod.

If you bundle them with the Mazda DPi already available here (albeit, it's a mess that would need to be completely reworked), it should be a complete package for all the major LMP cars.
http://trackaholics.forumotion.com/t3567-release-mazda-rt24-lm630?highlight=mazda

I believe only the Riley DPi is missing from the list, but that car is shite and nobody wants to race it in real life anyway.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FranX JeKo D'Aloia
Modder - Video Editor
[19:23:45] Totenkopf : the only thing I fear about a possible Toyota victory: one year of ads where a Prius races together with a TS030 saying "our hybrid cars can win LM"
~My Blog: http://chaoszeromoddinghome.blogspot.it/
avatar
ChaosZero
Moderator

Posts : 967
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 25
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Polestar_ on 6/7/2018, 16:31

Is your leaked link from a facebook page or from somewhere else? I tried to download it from the former and struggled to get any of it working

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ethan Pullen.

Eclipse Sim Racing

avatar
Polestar_

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-04-07
Age : 19
Location : Near Southampton

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  ChaosZero on 6/7/2018, 16:52

I have my own sources. Being a modder opens you a lot of doors, so I don't need to go to those Facebook groups to get these mods. I do still visit them from time to time, just to troll the all the wankers that only ask for drift mods.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FranX JeKo D'Aloia
Modder - Video Editor
[19:23:45] Totenkopf : the only thing I fear about a possible Toyota victory: one year of ads where a Prius races together with a TS030 saying "our hybrid cars can win LM"
~My Blog: http://chaoszeromoddinghome.blogspot.it/
avatar
ChaosZero
Moderator

Posts : 967
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 25
Location : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Kalinin on 6/7/2018, 16:53

Tip: people that sell ripped models deserve no respect, you are free to upload it somewhere and make a thread for it in the specific game forum.

Keep in mind ripped models only... avoid sharing URD, RSS and others in the games they released it at least. But in the end would be better if they were not shared in any way really, BlackGoku leaked the Formula Hybrid for rF2 and some people are saying they gave up of porting the GT1 mod now (dont know if it's true but they stopped answering questions about it)...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Will Mazeo
The only way to God is called Jesus, not religion, just Jesus.
avatar
Kalinin
EEC Team

Posts : 10276
Join date : 2012-05-16
Age : 30
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Polestar_ on 6/7/2018, 17:06

@ChaosZero wrote:I have my own sources. Being a modder opens you a lot of doors, so I don't need to go to those Facebook groups to get these mods. I do still visit them from time to time, just to troll the all the wankers that only ask for drift mods.

Would you mind please sending me the link? I'm super intrigued to actually see how these models look and work for myself, not to mention I'm desperate for a modern P2/DPi car to drive outside of AMS

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ethan Pullen.

Eclipse Sim Racing

avatar
Polestar_

Posts : 32
Join date : 2016-04-07
Age : 19
Location : Near Southampton

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  CGD on 6/7/2018, 17:35

@ChaosZero wrote:Could this help? One of the many payware scammers have a mod for AC with 2017 models (that includes both LMP2 and DPi) and is selling for $9.99.
https://www.assettocorsamods.org/product/assetto-corsa-wec-2017-lmp2-mod/
However, as supporting this trash is bad, I have a leaked link instead that I could send in private to anyone that wants to convert them. Especially considering that these are the same douchebags that stole his Lexus and a few other car and are selling it for $7.99, I think it's only fair we take something back.

I see Ulf is mentioning the Ligier car selling for $75 alone on Hum3D, and I don't physically have the files opened in front of me so I can't check, but it should be the same model included in this mod.

If you bundle them with the Mazda DPi already available here (albeit, it's a mess that would need to be completely reworked), it should be a complete package for all the major LMP cars.
http://trackaholics.forumotion.com/t3567-release-mazda-rt24-lm630?highlight=mazda

I believe only the Riley DPi is missing from the list, but that car is shite and nobody wants to race it in real life anyway.

These are, including the Ligier, the cars that Sascha had put into GTR2 and converted to AC by SimDreams. I've converted them over to AMS myself, but the models are honestly bad and not even close to living up to AMS standarts. Won't release them due to that also I'd need to put a shit ton of work into it (adding correct suspensions, reworking physics, adding drivers, helmets, steering wheels + textures) which I'm not able to do right now.
However: if anyone's willing to do that, I'd send over the models. Although I still say it's not really worth it.

Edit: @Polestar_ you'll get a PM for the AC cars in a second

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Constantin Grimminger
Germany & Austria
avatar
CGD

Posts : 23
Join date : 2017-11-02

http://www.fb.me/ConstantinGrimmingerDesign

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Triebie on 6/7/2018, 22:44

not worth it...
nobody did the humster Ligier so far or at least is not trying to sell it yet:-)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ulf Triebener, Germany
avatar
Triebie

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  CrivitzChris on 7/7/2018, 00:48

I'm pretty sure all of these are Sasha's models.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chris Lesperance - CrivitzChris


CrivitzChris

Posts : 1043
Join date : 2012-07-25
Age : 33
Location : Green Bay WI USA

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Sylphide on 7/7/2018, 00:53

@CrivitzChris wrote:I'm pretty sure all of these are Sasha's models.
He's been doing this for years and hasn't gotten any better...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Troy Barman
avatar
Sylphide

Posts : 1017
Join date : 2014-07-02
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  CGD on 7/7/2018, 01:55

@CrivitzChris wrote:I'm pretty sure all of these are Sasha's models.

As I said.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Constantin Grimminger
Germany & Austria
avatar
CGD

Posts : 23
Join date : 2017-11-02

http://www.fb.me/ConstantinGrimmingerDesign

Back to top Go down

Re: [Release] Oreca 07 Gibson 2017

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum