European Endurance Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Facebook
EEC Friends
RacingCircuits

New topics
» Itaipava GT Brasil 2010 V1.3
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime4/4/2024, 11:59 by Orteva

» South East
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 22:53 by sandersk

» Looking for NASCAR skins?
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime28/3/2024, 17:03 by why_not_simracer

» Help needed FRM TOURING CARS
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 15:42 by fjs

» La Dehesa Conversion from rFactor for GTR2
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime24/3/2024, 04:11 by hundo

» introduce
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime22/3/2024, 12:04 by teufteuf72

» Hello from Japan
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime21/3/2024, 09:12 by GRtoyotafan2

» Greetings from Bulgaria
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime18/3/2024, 21:33 by al27

» Greetings from Argentina
Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 I_icon_minitime17/3/2024, 16:14 by VamosTorino

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

+43
Sylphide
Shinra
pawelek
Vanaja
Bad News
simspeed_racing
drr6
skeno
suti
antoniog7772
JERACERX
repaban
matteo1974
Pye_Man
baika
jsmee
gtracer123
LeMansDriver22
ChaosZero
PhoenixWylde
Maxellero
bigbad
Tano
jr82
dbstreet
GTP_furinkazen
pimmy
giaserg
Crimson764
brianspeake
ernie2492
Nebehr
Cheeveer
Jarodparker
bernie91
PeteB
rildoh
alexmezza
miuqana
Phillip Kruger
eurostc
intelpower
Markano97
47 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  jsmee 4/9/2017, 22:11

skeno wrote:iirc simon converted the BTC-T Astra from pertagtc and posted it at trackaholics some years ago incase you want to add that instead of the STCC2 astra.

I agree, that version was far superior!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
James Smee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Suffolk, UK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jsmee
jsmee

https://facebook.com/Smeedesigns

Back to top Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 Empty Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  GTP_furinkazen 5/9/2017, 00:00

Noted guys... Wink

Skinset previews in-game to start this week as we begin counting down to release.

However Tiff Needell gave the Nissan splitter a whack earlier after some damage tweaks...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion - Page 19 Empty PREVIEW - BTCC 1998.

Post  GTP_furinkazen 6/9/2017, 00:55

1998 is the first season i'm showing off the mod. Majority of the skins were already done, but additions have been quite subtle... Genstring tweaks on the Nissans and Vauxhalls, as well as an additional entry of Lee Brookes who DNS at Oulton Park. A 26 car grid for the 1998 season is in-game, widely remembered as one of the most dramatic and hotly contested super touring seasons of all time.

Also as a side note, will be taking requests if anyone wants to see previews of any specific series / car sets!

Skins by Alexander Hederby, AndreasFSC, Simspeed, Markano97, & Furinkazen

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/9/2017, 01:09

great work Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheeveer 6/9/2017, 08:54

Safe to say, 1998 BTCC was my favorite ST season, outside of STCC! Speaking of, will those seasons have any revamps/updates?

Jacob Fredriksson says hi
Cheeveer
Cheeveer

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 8/9/2017, 17:08

there is an error  in BTCC 91-92  

no 99 of 91 and no 16 of 92 are  NOT Turbo RS 500

they were Sierra RS   super tourers  (no turbo and lwoer weight than the Group A turbo)   , it was actually the same car

easist solution to fix it quickly is take the Sierra Saphire HDC  and small  edit it for the Sierra RS , dunno if a correct RS body is around or it could be edited

most notable  differene between the RS and RS 500  was the spoiler on the rear trunk    the normal RS didn't have it

RS 500 did have it  here visible, plus this skin is actually missing from the pack, no 19 Dennis Leech  Surprised

to recap

- 91 Sierra RS (ATMO) Andy Middlehurst
- 91 Sierra RS500 restricted Group A , Dennis Leech
- 91 Sierra RS500 restricted Group A , Sean Walker (just practices at Round 2 )

- 92 Sierra RS (ATMO) Dennis Leech

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 8/9/2017, 18:25

intelpower wrote:there is an error  in BTCC 91-92  

they were Sierra RS   super tourers  (no turbo and lwoer weight than the Group A turbo)   , it was actually the same car

easist solution to fix it quickly is take the Sierra Saphire HDC  and small  edit it for the Sierra RS , dunno if a correct RS body is around or it could be edited

most notable  differene between the RS and RS 500  was the spoiler on the rear trunk    the normal RS didn't have it

RS 500 did have it  here visible, plus this skin is actually missing from the pack, no 19 Dennis Leech  Surprised

to recap

- 91 Sierra RS   (ATMO)  Andy Middlehurst
- 91 Sierra RS500  restricted Group A  ,  Dennis Leech
- 91 Sierra RS500  restricted Group A  ,  Sean Walker (just practices at Round 2 )

- 92 Sierra RS (ATMO)  Dennis Leech

Thanks for the details - I was aware of the Sierra ST when I saw there was unsused "Sierra_NA" hdc file and engine. I wasn't sure which cars however. I could edit that wing.

Also the Leech car has been made Wink

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 10/9/2017, 02:42

Little update. study

Tonight successfully done some 4WD physics tests. Those familiar with the old mod may be familiar with the Audi having some extreme body roll and oversteer. This has not totally been fixed but toned down significantly. A similar issue has also been dealt with from the BMW. Exclamation

Now just a final couple physics items to investigate and then... That's finished. woohoo

Also watch out for those Bimmers at starts, they now seriously haul some a** chirp

Will post a full updated list of what's left before release tomorrow at a more social hour for us Europeans. Sleep

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy 11/9/2017, 00:10

GTP_furinkazen wrote:

to recap

- 91 Sierra RS500  restricted Group A  ,  Sean Walker (just practices at Round 2 )

Thanks for the details - I was aware of the Sierra ST when I saw there was unsused "Sierra_NA" hdc file and engine. I wasn't sure which cars however. I could edit that wing.

On the subject of Sierras, would it be possible to include the 4x4 version of the Sapphire which Dave Brodie ran in 1991?

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 11/9/2017, 02:27

pimmy wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:

to recap

On the subject of Sierras, would it be possible to include the 4x4 version of the Sapphire which Dave Brodie ran in 1991?

The 4x4 Sierra Sapphire was the Rob Gravett Trakstar car. The Dave Brodie RWD version is also in-game.

Also some great news, this might require some time to do for every car but will be worth it... bonnet now showing on interior cam. Still not 100% accurately aligned but it's there... thoughts?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 11/9/2017, 12:39

Big thanks to the audi80st page for information on Endurance spec cars! Appears that for reliability purposes cars wuld often run at a lower RPM rate, detuned. Super Touring / Class II regulations had a set maximum RPM of 8500, with peak power often delivered approximately 8250. In Endurance specification rates of 7000-7500 were used to preserve engine life.

Therefore been tweaking engine files for these RPM rates. However, doing so messes up the powerband and gearing, so the gearboxes have been adjusted to ensure cars still deliver optimum straight line performance comparable to their 8500rpm "sprint" race configurations.

MOTEC dashes are also being updated so the rev counter and lights display correctly.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 11/9/2017, 16:05

I think the interior cam is too high   , drivers did sit lower specially in the later years

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 11/9/2017, 16:55

intelpower wrote:I think the interior cam is too high   ,  drivers did sit lower specially in the later years

It's adjustable. I'm also going to try and widen the range of the camera in car so there's a lot more freedom - The Cavalier has a ton of adjust ability whereas the E30 does not, for example.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy 12/9/2017, 00:34

GTP_furinkazen wrote:The 4x4 Sierra Sapphire was the Rob Gravett Trakstar car. The Dave Brodie RWD version is also in-game.
Nope, Brodie definitely had the 4x4 version. The Trakstar and Rouse cars were RWD. I know that The Brode's livery is in the mod but I was just wondering about the .hdc.

Another little nugget of info: Dave Pinkney bought a Sierra from Brodie to run in '92. It would have been fitted with a V6 engine but turned up to the GP support race without a powerplant and the car never ran. Whether it was the same car that Brodie ran in '91, I don't know. Info courtesy of the 1992 yearbook.

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 12/9/2017, 00:38

pimmy wrote:
GTP_furinkazen wrote:The 4x4 Sierra Sapphire was the Rob Gravett Trakstar car. The Dave Brodie RWD version is also in-game.
Nope, Brodie definitely had the 4x4 version. The Trakstar and Rouse cars were RWD. I know that The Brode's livery is in the mod but I was just wondering about the .hdc.

Another little nugget of info: Dave Pinkney bought a Sierra from Brodie to run in '92. It would have been fitted with a V6 engine but turned up to the GP support race without a powerplant and the car never ran. Whether it was the same car that Brodie ran in '91, I don't know. Info courtesy of the 1992 yearbook.

Ah, i'm getting confused because the Gravett car tried something fancy with something being mounted in the rear, will fix thanks Very Happy

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 13/9/2017, 02:17

Anyone got info on this? N24 Audi, perhaps 1998.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower 13/9/2017, 09:28

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Anyone got info on this? N24 Audi, perhaps 1998.

it's from 2000   and run on natural gas , at one point reached 2nd overall

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  skeno 13/9/2017, 21:21

incase anyone is interested, i found some footage of the Yugoslavian Championship from 2001. the Supertouring field was not that big though; 1 Alfa 155 and 3 BMW.

starts at 24:30, 49:10 and 1.13:30
skeno
skeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 13/9/2017, 21:29

From what i've found its the early Serbian Touring Car series.I have about 340 images of this championship from 1996 all the way to 2010 i believe. Best would be for these supertourers to be done as a collection.Here's some from various years:

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  skeno 13/9/2017, 21:32

that's nice. i have around 1.700 images from 2003-2012. hard to from the previous years.

skeno
skeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 13/9/2017, 21:35

I was also lucky enough to test drive a Renault Laguna with the new physics and i must say the car feels very different from what it used to be.Weight balance is different and you can now really feel the bumps with the stiffer suspension. The thing i loved most however is the increase in top speeds. I managed to clock 266kph(around 166mph) at the Conrod Straight at Bathurst.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 13/9/2017, 21:40

skeno wrote:that's nice. i have around 1.700 images from 2003-2012. hard to from the previous years.

Wow thats a lot. Well someone at some point has to take the baton of the skins. Personally the reworks i'm working on are the last skinpacks. Then i'll only be having fun with these cars whenever i have the time.
I think the Serbian series could be a sort of part 2 of the skinpacks of the mod, the supertourers that continued racing even after their demise on hillclimbs and other events.

Markano97
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen 14/9/2017, 01:19

So that's engines finished - want a grumbling GSi Cavalier at 8200rpm to start your career, maybe with aspirations of a 160mph+ Mondeo Mk2 8500rpm screamer?

You got it Very Happy

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 14/9/2017, 04:52

GTP_furinkazen wrote:Little update. study

Tonight successfully done some 4WD physics tests. Those familiar with the old mod may be familiar with the Audi having some extreme body roll and oversteer. This has not totally been fixed but toned down significantly. A similar issue has also been dealt with from the BMW. Exclamation

Now just a final couple physics items to investigate and then... That's finished. woohoo

Also watch out for those Bimmers at starts, they now seriously haul some a** chirp  

Will post a full updated list of what's left before release tomorrow at a more social hour for us Europeans. Sleep
How do the Audi's now go off the line?

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy 14/9/2017, 17:35

GTP_furinkazen wrote:So that's engines finished - want a grumbling GSi Cavalier at 8200rpm to start your career, maybe with aspirations of a 160mph+ Mondeo Mk2 8500rpm screamer?

You got it Very Happy
This will be good to simulate the rate of development more accurately. I did a quick test at Donington GP (one of the few tracks that stayed the same throughout the period):

Year // Real fastest lap // My lap // Car
1991 // 1:42.74 // 1:38.408 // BMW M3
2000 // 1:36.276 // 1:35.722 // Honda Accord

So in reality, times improved by 6.5 seconds, but the current mod's 1991 cars are 4 seconds too quick. Is it closer now?

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next