Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  Nebehr on 10/7/2017, 20:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm ditching the ntcc cars again though. Not enough material and honestly i don't feel like doing them. Besides we don't have addon parts to make and evo 1 or evo 2 merc so i guess it will be left behind.

I actually was under impression it had already been done, just not released. Too bad. Finally the disillusionment has caught up with you too. Very Happy

Nebehr

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 11/7/2017, 00:00

Regarding the French Supertourisme, the grids will increase. The entries i'm missing in general are very few but sadly no material has been found on them. Still each grid from 1997 onwards will be 18-20 cars each with the exception of the newly added 2001 season which only had 11 cars. Very Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy on 11/7/2017, 23:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Excellent detective skills guys^^^^

Replacing some of the generic "black" areas that exist when you remove bumpers with a little texture that looks a bit more like bodywork.

~Didn't turn out as planned~
Slightly late quote as you've now deleted the images, but you had a screenshot of a Volvo in 3DSMax (or a similar program) and it had bright pink bits on it. Now, I've never used one of those 3D modelling programs but I'm pretty sure that bright pink indicates a missing texture, doesn't it? With that being the case, it explains why most cars in the mod have issues with the colour of certain parts (windscreen wiper, exhaust pipe, inner wheel arches, etc.), in that the BLACK.dds file of each track will appear in those places on the cars. BLACK.dds is usually a solid colour somewhere between medium and dark grey, although some tracks differ (default Zhuhai's is a greenish colour). However, some tracks don't have a BLACK.dds so the car parts will appear pure black on those tracks.

I've used your 2001 Brands Hatch to illustrate the issue, even though it isn't a period correct circuit. BLACK.dds here is the Dunlop logo on the slanted section of the bridge before Druids. I've also used the Peugeot 405 as it seems to have the most missing textures:

A similar issue occurs on some, but not all, styles of wheels at tracks which have a TYREWALL.dds. Mallala in this case:

Since you're upgrading a load of textures at the moment, would it be possible to fix these? Simply deleting the .dds files mentioned usually causes CTDs.

Also, will the fuel issue be fixed in the latest update?

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 12/7/2017, 00:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Excellent detective skills guys^^^^

Replacing some of the generic "black" areas that exist when you remove bumpers with a little texture that looks a bit more like bodywork.

~Didn't turn out as planned~
Slightly late quote as you've now deleted the images, but you had a screenshot of a Volvo in 3DSMax (or a similar program) and it had bright pink bits on it. Now, I've never used one of those 3D modelling programs but I'm pretty sure that bright pink indicates a missing texture, doesn't it? With that being the case, it explains why most cars in the mod have issues with the colour of certain parts (windscreen wiper, exhaust pipe, inner wheel arches, etc.), in that the BLACK.dds file of each track will appear in those places on the cars. BLACK.dds is usually a solid colour somewhere between medium and dark grey, although some tracks differ (default Zhuhai's is a greenish colour). However, some tracks don't have a BLACK.dds so the car parts will appear pure black on those tracks.

I've used your 2001 Brands Hatch to illustrate the issue, even though it isn't a period correct circuit. BLACK.dds here is the Dunlop logo on the slanted section of the bridge before Druids. I've also used the Peugeot 405 as it seems to have the most missing textures:

A similar issue occurs on some, but not all, styles of wheels at tracks which have a TYREWALL.dds. Mallala in this case:

Since you're upgrading a load of textures at the moment, would it be possible to fix these? Simply deleting the .dds files mentioned usually causes CTDs.

Also, will the fuel issue be fixed in the latest update?

Brands 01 has for now been removed, Mallala I noticed this issue with as well and will be tweaked.

Which fuel issue?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  pimmy on 12/7/2017, 01:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Which fuel issue?
The one where AI cars (and in some cases, the player's) will use fuel more quickly than the predicted rate. For example, you could do a 20 lap race at Oschersleben or Zhuhai and the fuel prediction will say that the car has enough fuel to complete the race and the cool down lap (23 laps' worth to be precise), but the cars pit after 17 or 18 laps. Incidentally, the BTC mod has the same problem. I've tested this with the default GTR2 cars and they complete the distance with no issues.

pimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 12/7/2017, 11:32

another small issue to check for is perhaps the off-centre brake discs on some rims I remember this issue is on some cars

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 12/7/2017, 19:43

BTW if anybody still has this Peugeot 806 obsession there is actually a 3D model   but costs 75 $   , needs bumper editing , racing interior and Citroen badge changed with Pegeuot one...

so  not  really worth the effort   Mad

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebehr on 12/7/2017, 19:53

Models of this kind require almost as much effort to put them into the game as making one from scratch. If not more. It's got 775000 polys for God's sake! Believe me, you don't want to have it anywhere on your screen while you are playing. Very Happy

Nebehr

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 12/7/2017, 20:00

yeah

the really annoying part is somebody did model a low poly one for World Racing 2 but never released it Evil or Very Mad thumb down

best image hosting websites

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 14/7/2017, 12:19

A question:

Who made the last mod sound update for cockpit view?

Reason I ask is because that used real life recording and now there are a couple more up on Youtube - if anyone here was an expert in sound editing these could be used as mod sounds for interior view.

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 16/7/2017, 20:25

NEW SUITS & BOOTS!
So I have permission off of GTR233 to use his HQ DRIVER SUITS in the mod 2.0 onwards! This is an excellent interior mod which substantially improves the quality of driver suits and gloves and the immersion of the Cockpit cam as a result!

Also note, the new HSTCC interior plate! This weekend have seen some tire compound tweaks, with slightly more grip (and only a small bit!) given to 4WD's....

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker on 17/7/2017, 14:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:NEW SUITS & BOOTS!
So I have permission off of GTR233 to use his HQ DRIVER SUITS in the mod 2.0 onwards! This is an excellent interior mod which substantially improves the quality of driver suits and gloves and the immersion of the Cockpit cam as a result!

Also note, the new HSTCC interior plate! This weekend have seen some tire compound tweaks, with slightly more grip (and only a small bit!) given to 4WD's....

What is your plan for cars who have a big performance engine but doing shit lap because a shit chassis like the nissan stw 96 ?

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 17/7/2017, 15:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:NEW SUITS & BOOTS!

What is your plan for cars who have a big performance engine but doing shit lap because a shit chassis like the nissan stw 96 ?

Regulate BodyAero, small variations are effective, we aren't talking about producing lap differences of like 2 seconds, but rather 0.2-0.3 seconds gap between cars. I'm working a lot on the Audi at the moment because it accelerates like a truck right now at it's best HDC (1996), but also same time regulating the tyre file to make it just a little bit quicker in corners. It's a fine art, and we are talking differences of a couple tenths of a second. I would say apart from reviewing BMW and Audi physics, (which is what I am doing now) it is complete.

However, I would like to know of any special series-specific weight penalties. I read in 1994 in France BMW had a weight penalty, but was not able to find how many KG?

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 17/7/2017, 15:57

weight penalties  is a bit of a TWILIGHT  ZONE  because they often changed during the season

I give you an example in STW 1995  at Salzburgring  BMW got 25  KG removed  after early season Audi dominance

mentioned at 0.45   , you see as a result BMW 1-2-3  Shocked

regarding the Audi physics one thing they were very strong were under the brakes so maybe a bit more braketorque in the HDV ?

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 17/7/2017, 17:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:regarding the Audi physics  one thing they were very strong were under the brakes  so maybe a bit more braketorque in the HDV ?

Currently at 3400, will trial a boost at 3550.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarodparker on 17/7/2017, 18:38

I have find a best method, it's to change FWLiftParams and RWLiftParams for a lower setting or a higer setting if you want a car who have a good drivability or not Wink

And if a cars is fast on a lap but difficult to drive like the alfa 155, you can unbalance the front and the rear

edit : I think it's a good method for mondeo 4x4 because I don't think his engine is a shit when the engine of frw is good !The mondeo 4x4 in the mod is so much good in corner, limit best than Audi !

Lionel OCHE/FRA
Jarodparker

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 17/7/2017, 20:14

Been adjusting brakes earlier, earlier cars have around 5% less effiency and 1998 to 2000 cars around 2% more.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  jr82 on 18/7/2017, 03:19

Regulate BodyAero, small variations are effective, we aren't talking about producing lap differences of like 2 seconds, but rather 0.2-0.3 seconds gap between cars. I'm working a lot on the Audi at the moment because it accelerates like a truck right now at it's best HDC (1996), but also same time regulating the tyre file to make it just a little bit quicker in corners. It's a fine art, and we are talking differences of a couple tenths of a second. I would say apart from reviewing BMW and Audi physics, (which is what I am doing now) it is complete.

However, I would like to know of any special series-specific weight penalties. I read in 1994 in France BMW had a weight penalty, but was not able to find how many KG?
i have tried tweeking this myself with little luck. i had tried switching the engine file with the '00 Honda as it had the most torque (285KW). it also had 285BHP. problem was it was too quick. even Bintcliff was lapping 1.5 secs quicker than anyone else except Biela.

jr82

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 18/7/2017, 10:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:regarding the Audi physics  one thing they were very strong were under the brakes  so maybe a bit more braketorque in the HDV ?

Currently at 3400, will trial a boost at 3550.

To be honest could it be that the general values   are a bit  too high ???   Super tourers didn't use carbon discs ???

in RACE 06-07 cars  the brake torque is  on a BMW

front
BrakeTorque=2500.0  

rear
BrakeTorque=2045.0

Chevy Lacetii and most FWD cars

front
BrakeTorque=2800.0

rear
BrakeTorque=1647.0  

if the brakes are too high for super tourers an easy solution would be to simply slash them all  , by same value so the balance between them is retained

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 21/7/2017, 17:56

Markano you have anything on him ??   missing from STCC 1998   no 34 Simen Tvete   he only did Falkenberg

secure image upload

Last edited by intelpower on 21/7/2017, 19:55; edited 1 time in total

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 21/7/2017, 19:11

Hmm, first time i'm seeing this, i'll take a look at the footage to see how accurately it can be done. Thanks for the info intelpower! Very Happy

Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBlub on 21/7/2017, 21:14

I have updated the Audi 80 a Little bit: new exhaust and rims, new wing and mirrors position, and i have fixed the rearbumper. Smile

Marcel Hof (DaBlub) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DaBlub

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 21/7/2017, 21:57

aren't the mirrors more towards the front ?

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBlub on 21/7/2017, 22:21

yes and no. The mirrors on this Audi looks like this one:

Marcel Hof (DaBlub) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DaBlub

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 21/7/2017, 22:25

I think that is a bit of an optical illussion the mirrors is more towards the front

you plan to redo the 94 spec production wing too ?   hope there won't be issues with skins but mostly it's single color anyway Very Happy

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top