Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Super Touring World - WIP skins & discussion

Post  skeno on 3/7/2017, 21:51

does a proper version of Grobnik exist for gtr2? i only know that one version from nogrip which isn't that good.

the Grobnik for AC looks amazing, probably to good for gtr2.
skeno

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 3/7/2017, 21:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:those discs always looked hideous to me  I don't think they really worked in practice as this days nobody uses them  , but nice attention to detail for the mod  Very Happy

please make sure they work on low detail settings  , many mods forgot that and CTD if for example you set the Ai cars to low details  because of it

So was just checking this and found an error from a previous mod version in the Audi 97 CAS file, good heads up and reminder to check, thanks Very Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alex Coady / GBR
GTR2 modder / racing petrolhead.
Founder of: FRL Furi Race Leagues with 44 career race wins online.
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen

https://discord.gg/KhvyE77

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 3/7/2017, 22:19

yes I remember it  

it's quite easy to check it fast , just set AI detail to low  and try to load a whole field on a default track, usually they are easy to spot this way

also a good occassion to test for the AI stuck in garage bug , If I remember none in Super Touring has this issue , this bug is found it if you use time acceleration in practice or qualy session

for the "Auto Trader" I suggest maybe make it plain white for default  ?

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 3/7/2017, 23:23

More 1998 Bathurst entries: Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Markos Peristerakis Super Touring Mod Skinner
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 4/7/2017, 20:52

INTERNAL TWEAKS:
So today fixed a glitch with the Audi_97 cas file crashing on lower graphics. Also testing this, replacing the inaccurate Auto Trader dash panel with a manufacturer panel for non-BTCC cars. Thoughts? See the white Audi Sport panel in-game (which is in itself a WIP and not final).

Alex Coady / GBR
My Motorsports / Gaming Chat Server on Discord - Open To All! ~ GTR2 Mods & Updates @ FRM Furi Race Mods. - EEC Topic Found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimson764 on 4/7/2017, 21:38

That's not a bad idea. It could definitely work. thumbs

Kris Simton [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
#KeepFightingMichael

EEC GT Sprint S3: #11 - Team K-PAX McLaren - McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Crimson764

http://nfs2010.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 4/7/2017, 23:13

excellent idea

perhaps make it look even better, how about the manufacturer logo and name underneath it

so Audi rings  ,  underneath Audi , BMW logo underneath written BMW , Honda logo underneath etc written Honda

see lower left corner of the plate

also thinking g of another small tweak on the Audi cockpit, shouldn't the  "1" in the central console be red ?

Last edited by intelpower on 4/7/2017, 23:15; edited 1 time in total

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 4/7/2017, 23:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:excellent idea

perhaps make it look even better, how about the manufacturer logo and name underneath it

so Audi rings  ,  underneath Audi , BMW logo underneath written BMW , Honda logo underneath etc written Honda

see lower left corner

Could work... Nice idea.

Little things like this hold up mod release but I would rather have it perfected and released a little later.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 5/7/2017, 14:24

So progress update:

Vehicle Physics - 90% finished. Need to do Endurance versions of some cars (50kg more, 100L fuel tanks), and check some aero properties.
Vehicle Skins - Markano doing couple sets. I'm working on the interior plates etc that apply to ALL cars in the mod.
Tracks - 75% finished.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebehr on 5/7/2017, 16:32

Another way to do it would be to make a separate object with wildcard material for the dashboard plate and allow overriding it in the skins. But it would be too much effort for such a minor detail, at least at this stage.

Nebehr

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 5/7/2017, 16:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:. I'm working on the interior plates etc that apply to ALL cars in the mod.

I don't remember if he Stratus had plates as it didn't race in the BTCC   but beware (if it has)  that in NATCC it was Dodge but in STCC it raced under Chrysler branding

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 6/7/2017, 13:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Another way to do it would be to make a separate object with wildcard material for the dashboard plate and allow overriding it in the skins. But it would be too much effort for such a minor detail, at least at this stage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:. I'm working on the interior plates etc that apply to ALL cars in the mod.

I don't remember if he Stratus had  plates as it didn't race in the BTCC   but beware (if it has)  that in NATCC it was Dodge but in STCC it raced under Chrysler branding

Well, found some interesting things out:

Firstly, generic manufacturer logos for plates are now being put on all cars. This is around 65% complete.

Series-specific plates such as the AUTO TRADER BTCC one go in the team folder. Seems a big task but it isn't that bad when you consider 1) V2.0 requires a fresh install and deleting previous version, and 2) THe same logo is used for the whole series, so it is just copy paste.

However, looking through files I found some interesting things - STCC and ASTC plates already are in the mod but not for all cars, this has been corrected. Markano has also sent me some STW one's from Race07 but these do not look compatible.

Also small change made to physics files - all cars had front and rear downforce levels of 0 and 2-3 respectively. Early 90s "no aero" cars now have 0,0 - post 94 cars and the 94 Alfa have 1 and 2-3. A minor change that doesn't have much effect but regardless it is much more authentic.

Also, designed endurance HDC files with 100l fuel tanks for Spa 24H and Bathurst competitors. These add about 50kg extra to the car and in some cases have slightly detuned engines to improve reliability.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 7/7/2017, 23:19

Also small change made to physics files - all cars had front and rear downforce levels of 0 and 2-3 respectively. Early 90s "no aero" cars now have 0,0 - post 94 cars and the 94 Alfa have 1 and 2-3. A minor change that doesn't have much effect but regardless it is much more authentic.

what about this other cars which did have "production" based spoilers

problem is 1994

a curiosty is BMW,  in some championships like BTCC and French series they had a small rear wing

in  the rest it did use a big rear wing and looks pretty much like the Alfa Romeo one

and Audi 80    also use a similar big rear wing

some other teams used a  small production based spoiler like Peugeot 405

or Nissan Primera

or Ford Mondeo

maybe easisest solution is to leave 0  for the small production ones   and for the big rear wing of BMW and Audi  etc same values as 95 spec ?  

the only potential issues could arose  that in some championships like STW and SATCC  they allowed 95 spec early and most teams did get it but BMW persisted with the big rear wing whole season

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 8/7/2017, 00:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

what about this other cars which did have "production" based spoilers

problem is 1994

a curiosty is BMW,  in some championships like BTCC and French series they had a small rear wing

in  the rest it did use a big rear wing and looks pretty much like the Alfa Romeo one

and Audi 80    also use a similar big rear wing

some other teams used a  small production based spoiler like Peugeot 405

or Nissan Primera

or Ford Mondeo

maybe easisest solution is to leave 0  for the small production ones   and for the big rear wing of BMW and Audi  etc same values as 95 spec ?  

the only potential issues could arose  that in some championships like STW and SATCC  they allowed 95 spec early and most teams did get it but BMW persisted with the big rear wing whole season

These are minor, I just give them a little bit of aero.

Also got a busy few days ahead, more updates to come around this time next week.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero on 9/7/2017, 13:02

8 minutes of footage from the Jarama round of the 1995 Spanish season.

FranX JeKo D'Aloia [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Modder - Video Editor
[19:23:45] Totenkopf : the only thing I fear about a possible Toyota victory: one year of ads where a Prius races together with a TS030 saying "our hybrid cars can win LM"
~My Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 9/7/2017, 14:47

Awesome share!! Thanks!! I can see a missing privateer bmw, guess time to revisit the spanish series too.

Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  bernie91 on 9/7/2017, 15:46

For the Alfa archive, this italian page can help you too, especially with the minor sponsors.

Marco Folli, from Italy
bernie91

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 10/7/2017, 00:02

something for Markano !!! from STCC 1997

notice the Volvo  it's not Jan Nillson !!  ,  but it is his 1996 car  , same sponsors even  Shocked    Shocked

that's no 99 Jens Edman  , he only did the last race weekend of 1997

since the STCC 1997 grid is small  and  it would be just a small edit job from the Nilson 96 skin I think it's worth doing   Cool   ,  rear bumper was white  

both Volvos in this shot visible  , race 2 I assume the reverse grid and Nilson in the one at the back

photo host sites

Last edited by intelpower on 10/7/2017, 11:32; edited 1 time in total

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 10/7/2017, 00:17

and also from 1997 another backmarker and rather sponsorless but with a nasty rear checkquered pattern    , he only did    2 rounds

no 56 Tryggve Enger

temporary image hosting

upload photo

see 16.43

also not fully sure but that could be actually a 94 spec big wing ? Suspect

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 10/7/2017, 14:45

Excellent detective skills guys^^^^

Replacing some of the generic "black" areas that exist when you remove bumpers with a little texture that looks a bit more like bodywork.

~Didn't turn out as planned~

Last edited by GTP_furinkazen on 10/7/2017, 21:55; edited 1 time in total

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaosZero on 10/7/2017, 16:57

Sorry but that looks like crap and even worse than the original. Either change the texture or at least use higher resolution. If you're going to do it, do it properly or don't bother.

FranX JeKo D'Aloia [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Modder - Video Editor
[19:23:45] Totenkopf : the only thing I fear about a possible Toyota victory: one year of ads where a Prius races together with a TS030 saying "our hybrid cars can win LM"
~My Blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ChaosZero

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 10/7/2017, 19:09

tried to get more shots of that missing 97  STCC BMW

the current 97 STCC grid is just 11 entries so it can use every extra entry it can get Razz

this is definitely   a 94 spec  big rear wing  ,   wonder if the car is ex 94 STW  which could explain those rear checkequered stripes

image hosting no sign up

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  GTP_furinkazen on 10/7/2017, 19:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sorry but that looks like crap and even worse than the original. Either change the texture or at least use higher resolution. If you're going to do it, do it properly or don't bother.

I agree actually, I tried it on a couple cars and it looks like plastic. Mad All trial and error, might call for some scratch made textures.

Alex Coady / GBR
GTP_furinkazen

Back to top Go down

Post  Markano97 on 10/7/2017, 20:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:tried to get more shots of that missing 97  STCC BMW

the current 97 STCC grid is just 11 entries  so it can use every extra entry it can get  Razz

this is definitely   a 94 spec  big rear wing  ,   wonder if the car is ex 94 STW  which could explain those rear checkequered stripes

image hosting no sign up

It could be but the stripes pattern seem different. I can't recognize any sponsors so only the stripe will be added.
As for the #99 volvo i'll add that. Maybe the laguna from 1997 and possibly the black volvo from 1998. I'm ditching the ntcc cars again though. Not enough material and honestly i don't feel like doing them. Besides we don't have addon parts to make and evo 1 or evo 2 merc so i guess it will be left behind.

I'm continuing right now on the FFSA rework, other national championships will get reworked too. Very Happy

Markano97

Back to top Go down

Post  intelpower on 10/7/2017, 20:51

excellent

BTW found an even better pic of that Volvo   Cool

no wonder it was overlooked  , it looks near  IDENTICAL to Flash Nilson   car ,   looks to be the 96 base skin with the 97 sponsors on it !! so  if you can get that Laguna it would be 14 entries ,  a decent grid Cool   also kinda like that this BMW has 94 wing, it adds  a bit of variety  Smile

there was another Volvo    850 this season , no 16  Bengt Thenander , unfortunately he only did Kinekulle and tehre isn't a single shot of him !!!  not even to know which color his Volvo had Rolling Eyes

Last edited by intelpower on 10/7/2017, 21:20; edited 2 times in total

intelpower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top